Permament laser damage

P

piec

Platinum
I was left with rather severe scarring from acne all over my face. I began treating the scars around age 21. I did several rounds of IPL laser and Fraxel, which have permanently destroyed me. These lasers aged me about 10-15 years, destroyed fat cells in my face drastically changing the shape, created under eye bags, chronic dry eye, orange peel texture, my face can not regulate heat. Sometimes it randomly turns bright red, never sweats.

My face is just ruined because of acne and the treatments. I am literally unrecognizable from 6 years ago. My face used to be symmetrical but the laser left it uneven and deformed, and didn't improve the pick marks at all.

My life is just horrible. I cry every day and want it all to end, one way or the other.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: nosoulvalentine, SeriousAscension and Weed
Maybe you did something wrong in these treatments. Majority of cases people say the laser helped them

Maybe you did something wrong in these treatments. Majority of cases people say the laser helped them
nah its a real thing that can happen with these laser treatments, I saw a woman who had a hideously asymmetrical face because fat cells were destroyed on one side and not the other. its kinda like how they will shill eye laser correction but it leaves like 10 percent of people unable to see 3 feet infront of them and have permanent eye dryness, all to save like 15 mins a day and some hassle putting in contacts.

• +1
Reactions: piec
nah its a real thing that can happen with these laser treatments, I saw a woman who had a hideously asymmetrical face because fat cells were destroyed on one side and not the other. its kinda like how they will shill eye laser correction but it leaves like 10 percent of people unable to see 3 feet infront of them and have permanent eye dryness, all to save like 15 mins a day and some hassle putting in contacts.
I did eye laser surgery and it was ok but I can agree it left me with eye dryness. But it's better than needing to use glasses and needing to put contacts

I did eye laser surgery and it was ok but I can agree it left me with eye dryness. But it's better than needing to use glasses and needing to put contacts
the risk wasnt worth it bro, get glasses that halo your face and just deal with the contacts when you don't want to wear them.

And it's not 10% lol

the risk wasnt worth it bro, get glasses that halo your face and just deal with the contacts when you don't want to wear them.
It is worth it bro. I can see better now than a lot of people who never used glasses. I don't depend on anything to see with perfection now

I was left with rather severe scarring from acne all over my face. I began treating the scars around age 21. I did several rounds of IPL laser and Fraxel, which have permanently destroyed me. These lasers aged me about 10-15 years, destroyed fat cells in my face drastically changing the shape, created under eye bags, chronic dry eye, orange peel texture, my face can not regulate heat. Sometimes it randomly turns bright red, never sweats.

My face is just ruined because of acne and the treatments. I am literally unrecognizable from 6 years ago. My face used to be symmetrical but the laser left it uneven and deformed, and didn't improve the pick marks at all.

My life is just horrible. I cry every day and want it all to end, one way or the other.

This post is from seven years ago. Are you still dealing with this problem?

• +1
Reactions: Failedtruecel_
This post is from seven years ago. Are you still dealing with this problem?
Lasers and micro needling are the biggest memes of acne scar treatment imo. Only stuff that works and is generally side effect free if done right are peels and subscicion

Acne scar revision is giga expensive. Dont know how to cope. I have a surgery on the 19th, will post before and after

• +1
Reactions: SeriousAscension
Guess it's time to reincarnate and hope for a better hand

Lasers and micro needling are the biggest memes of acne scar treatment imo. Only stuff that works and is generally side effect free if done right are peels and subscicion
peels are cope for actual scarring and subcision has many risks itself

I have a surgery on the 19th, will post before and after
keep in mind many people say it made their skin look better temporarily but descended them after 2 years and it all came back but with the addition of volume loss, aged skin and so on

peels are cope for actual scarring and subcision has many risks itself
View attachment 2740584
Yes I’m aware of that subscision side effect. It generally only occurred when providers do a big area all at once. Doing it for a very small area a couple scars at a time greatly reduces the risk.

And as for peels being cope: it depends on if it’s a tca or not and it also depends on what kind and the strength. A phenol peel for instance does a great job of nuking scars.

nah im still doing it

Its always Fraxel CO2 laser. I have seen so many people complain about their skin getting damaged after getting fraxel laser procedure. They are usually performed by beauticians after doing a certification, which substantially increases risks.

Personally, I would add fraxel to the list of procedures to avoid.

• +1
Reactions: piec