Philiosophycels tell me some books to read to get into it

cromagnon

cromagnon

Beauty is a virtue
I'm bored and want to attain knowledge and appear like an intellectual. Please give me suggestions

• +1
Reactions: Bonecel01
0 replies on my serious posts
5 pages on racebait threads

• JFL
Reactions: 8incheer
Phenomenology of Spirit

• +1
Reactions: cromagnon
TY appreciate bhai. Have u read max stirners work? I'm interested in him
@HarrierDuBois you should read german idealists first to understand Stirner's thought better. Btw do not buy Phenomenology of Spirit, you won't understand it better read Camus lol @philosopher

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ingram33, HarrierDuBois and cromagnon
@HarrierDuBois you should read german idealists first to understand Stirner's thought better. Btw do not buy Phenomenology of Spirit, you won't understand it better read Camus lol @philosopher
Just undermine a users intellect completely. But yeah it's probably not a good place to start regardless though. @cromagnon :)

• +1
Philosophy is bs

• JFL
Reactions: butterworld
Phenomenology of Spirit
Don’t waste your time with Hegel unless it’s about liberalism. Philosophy of Religion by Graham Oppy is an interesting book to get you into the philosophy of religion.

Not philosophy but if you want an anthropological account of human history you can read Sapiens though there’s a few inaccuracies

To start with “textbook” philosophy you should read Socratic dialogues to understand dialectics, brain in a vat essay by Hiliary Putnam (Short), JL Mackie problem of evil, Stuart Mill on Liberty. I would recommend reading short essays/short books and listening to summaries of their longer more mundane books.

• +1
Read offtopic shizo threads instead

• JFL
Reactions: 8incheer