Playing horror games to make yourself low-inhib theory.

twojei

twojei

It's over.
We see that most of the fear of the highly inhibited person resides in the mind. High-inhib people create their own torment in their minds based on previous experiences that affected their psyche badly. It all reminds of this quote:

Not content with real sufferings, the anxious man imposes imaginary ones on himself; he is a being for whom unreality exists, must exist; otherwise where would he obtain the ration of torment his nature demands?

— Emil M. Cioran

The main resource of horror in my opinion is uncertainty. Uncertainty makes highly inhibited people feel out of control, the fact that there might be something out there, is what makes their mind work and start to ruminate, further increasing their own suffering and torment through their own thoughts. Just take a look at the first segment of this video:

There was no need for monsters or any of similar kind, but just a sound is simply enough to provoke a sensation in most of people. I think that the best horror games are those who do not rely on jumpscares, but instead they create an atmosphere that induces some sort of constant psychological tension in the one who plays, which is exactly what the high-inhib person needs to train himself to adjust to (subjectively) very stressful stimulus.

I asked an AI what it thought and it told me this:

Potential reasoning behind this theory:
  • Repeated exposure to frightening stimuli might desensitize someone to fear responses.
  • Overcoming in-game fears could build confidence that transfers to real life.
  • The adrenaline rush from horror games may reduce anxiety in other situations.
However, there are some issues to consider:
  • No rigorous scientific studies have confirmed this effect.
  • Individual responses to horror games vary greatly.
  • In-game experiences may not necessarily translate to real-world behavior.
  • Some people may become more anxious or inhibited from playing horror games.

What do you think about this? Legit or bullshit?

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: bloomercel, Paul7 and nathan
playing video games not socializing will do the complete opposite JFL

• JFL
  • So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: bloomercel, Kazey, nathan and 1 other person
I think going outside is enough to make an abused dog like yourself low inhib.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: <6PSLcel and twojei
Get good at live Texas hold em to lower inhibition and learn to control your emotions

Or you could talk to women. much scarier.