Please help, I am desperate

I

itssooverformelol

Bronze
Before putting braces my teeth were really fucked, I had an overbite and slightly crooked teeth. I got braces June 2019 and had them for 4 years, all the way up until October 2023. It's been a year since I took them out, and they look fairly good, I barely have an overbite and my teeth are straight. However, as soon as I took them out, my bite was really weird; I couldn't physically bite my nails or have my upper and bottom teeth touch (Open Bite). This went on until today when I went to the dentist to see what it was, and she told me I would need to wear braces again for 6 months to close my bite, due to teeth movement. I wanted to know if closing my bite would improve my side profile and lip/mouth positioning, because my mouth is kinda weird, it lowkey looks like I have a mouth guard at times, please help will this fix the issue???

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss
but like i dont wanna ask her if it will improve my side profile and frontal profile, thats kinda weird
John jonah jameson lol

• JFL
Reactions: BlackpillRemedy
Before putting braces my teeth were really fucked, I had an overbite and slightly crooked teeth. I got braces June 2019 and had them for 4 years, all the way up until October 2023. It's been a year since I took them out, and they look fairly good, I barely have an overbite and my teeth are straight. However, as soon as I took them out, my bite was really weird; I couldn't physically bite my nails or have my upper and bottom teeth touch (Open Bite). This went on until today when I went to the dentist to see what it was, and she told me I would need to wear braces again for 6 months to close my bite, due to teeth movement. I wanted to know if closing my bite would improve my side profile and lip/mouth positioning, because my mouth is kinda weird, it lowkey looks like I have a mouth guard at times, please help will this fix the issue???
Yes, I do hope so malocclusion can descend your side profile. So if you can fix it and you're still young it might be actually good for you have give you optimal bone structure. Also religiously follow post-braces advice if they recommend you a retainer. Don't hesitate to ask your orthodontist questions. This is what I do, also visit them regularly. A lot of this is common knowledge but ppl don't rlly seem to follow it tho

Yes, I do hope so malocclusion can descend your side profile. So if you can fix it and you're still young it might be actually good for you have give you optimal bone structure. Also religiously follow post-braces advice if they recommend you a retainer. Don't hesitate to ask your orthodontist questions. This is what I do, also visit them regularly. A lot of this is common knowledge but ppl don't rlly seem to follow it tho
Thank you so much! I just turned 17 and hit puberty late, maybe have 2-3 more years max.

• +1
Reactions: BladeRunner
are you retarded i dont want to seem blackpill to my ortho
aesthetics isnt blackpill bhai. Its just aesthetics. Worrying about how you look is completely normal and not everybody who goes to a plastic or comestic surgeon is blackpill.

• +1
Reactions: BlackpillRemedy