Please help me sleep

G

gorillagrip

Iron
Recently got a new job where i have to wake up at 4:30am, but i've always had sleep problems on and off and it drives me fucking insane I've tried everything, my room is cool, i take a bunch of magnesium and glycine before bed, working outside and gym every day. I'm 18 and I notice how amazing i feel when i sleep 9-10 hours, it feels actually euphoric during the afternoon. I've tried going to bed at 6pm, now 7pm. I wake up every single night to piss and other times for no reason, cannot go back to bed until 20 minutes before i have to wake up. I am going to experiment with biphasic sleep and having some sort of calming routine when i wake up. please help.

quit that job asap
your health is more important

• +1
Reactions: PsychoDsk, cadee, Lidian and 2 others
its not gonna solve the issue of him staying asleep it helps with falling asleep fs tho

i think a botb thread said to take salt tablets with gatorade so u dont pee during the night
it solves staying asleep lol

• +1
Reactions: oppastoppathe2nd
the max your body produces is 0.5 mg, 3mg is way too much.
okay well if ur body already produces 0.5mg why would u take 0.5mg? and people were given over 200mg melatonin or hundreds for years and long term nothing happened and no side effects. 3mg-5mg is also the standard pill dose with some having 10-20mg, 3mg isnt a lot at all, its nothing.

Recently got a new job where i have to wake up at 4:30am, but i've always had sleep problems on and off and it drives me fucking insane I've tried everything, my room is cool, i take a bunch of magnesium and glycine before bed, working outside and gym every day. I'm 18 and I notice how amazing i feel when i sleep 9-10 hours, it feels actually euphoric during the afternoon. I've tried going to bed at 6pm, now 7pm. I wake up every single night to piss and other times for no reason, cannot go back to bed until 20 minutes before i have to wake up. I am going to experiment with biphasic sleep and having some sort of calming routine when i wake up. please help.
mk677 helped me feel fully rested with only 5 hrs worth of sleep

gym every day
Train 4/week
Stop drinking at least 3 hours before bed
No eating at least 3 hours before bed
You could also try this supplement to lower cortisol: Omninutrition Corticut

Waking up in the middle of the night is completely normal.

In fact, humans wake up 10 to 20 times during the night, but these brief awakenings are usually so short that you don't remember them in the morning.

If you're waking up specifically because you need to pee, stress could be a contributing factor. This stress might stem from various sources, including hormonal fluctuations. It's also worth considering whether you might be over-supplementing with magnesium or another supplement.

By worrying about waking up and having to use the bathroom, you could be inadvertently creating a habit that affects your overall sleep quality. This can lead to feeling more tired. Try to stay calm when you wake up at night. You might want to keep a container next to your bed; when you wake up, calmly use it, and then go back to sleep.

Associating waking up with poor sleep can create a cycle of stress that worsens your sleep quality. However, waking up to pee at night is not inherently bad—your body is excreting various substances, drinking water before bed is even healthy and helps your body to get rid of toxins, etc. It could also be that your body wants to flush out something you are consuming for example magnesium.

So, take it easy. Avoid trying new sleep routines and instead focus on getting used to this pattern. It may take anywhere from 3 to 12 months for it to normalize.

• +1
Reactions: gorillagrip
You’re not supposed to drink anything at least 2 hours before going to bed, because you will have to piss during the night.

it solves staying asleep lol
it definitely does not, consistently when i take melotonin I wake up a couple hours later having even more difficulty going back to sleep, not to mention becoming dependent on it to fall asleep