post canthopexy before / after itt

strong_silent_type

strong_silent_type

Lefort 3 is the answer
canthopexy not canthoplasty

i should have asked what is the best way for a 13 year old to collagen max - would have been blessed with the local expertise and a lot of replies

"help im 13 year old and i already look like 14!!!!!!!! i need help to collagenmax ASAPPP TBH"

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2486
Go to realself.com, no one here do surgeries at all.

• +1
Reactions: strong_silent_type
Go to realself.com, no one here do surgeries at all.

at this point i basically use this forum as log book or a diary

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2486

i think there is a difference between normal canthopexy and lateral canthopexy?

look at this article from dr. yaremchuk

Two related procedures, canthopexy and canthoplasty, are used to elevate the lower lid when it has already fallen, or to prevent it from falling during a lower eyelid procedure. They work in different ways, and I generally only recommend one of them for my patients looking to restore a youthful look.
In my opinion, canthoplasty should be avoided in cosmetic eyelid procedures because it produces a rounder eye shape. By design, canthoplasty procedures make the lower lid frame of the eye more rounded, because they disassemble and reassemble the outside corner of the eye while shortening the lower lid.
Canthoplasty may be appropriate for certain post traumatic situations, or when the lower lid has become lengthened with age, but I do not find that it will satisfy patients who simply want a more youthful look.

Lateral canthopexy, on the other hand, is the surgical repositioning of the outside corner of the eye where the eyelids meet. During this procedure, the corner is moved outward and pexed to the lateral orbital rim. By restoring a "normal" eye shape, lateral canthopexy makes the eye appear more youthful.
Lateral canthopexy is fundamental to altering or restoring a more youthful shape. Lateral canthopexy may be performed on its own, but many patients combine it with eyelid surgery and/or midface elevation for the most comprehensive anti-aging results.

sounds like there is a difference between normal canthopexy and lateral canthopexy?

same goes for normal canthoplasty and lateral canthoplasty?

example:

lateral canthoplasty:

mNkV1iC.jpg

Outer Corner Extension (Lateral Canthoplasty)

hSKiAm4.png

Background: Many women in Asian countries chase larger and brighter eyes, but to most Asian people only double eye plasty and epicanthoplasty is not enough. As a result, aesthetic lateral canthoplasty, another procedure to lengthen the palpebral fissure, is becoming more and more popular. However, the current procedure of aesthetic lateral canthoplasty has many potential complications, restricting the wide application of this procedure. Methods: Here, the authors developed a minimally invasive method through gray line split and canthopexy to achieve lateral canthoplasty. Eighty-seven patients from February 2013 to January 2016 were included and had the procedure. The lengthen of the palpebral fissure was measured and photographs were also taken before the surgery and in the follow-up periods. Besides, the complications related to this procedure were also investigated. Results: The authors have performed aesthetic lateral canthoplasty in 87 patients, almost all of the follow-up patients have satisfactory results with a lengthen of palpebral fissure ranging from 2.3 to 4.2 mm. Through the long-term follow-up the authors found the lengthen of the palpebral fissure is stable. No serious complications like lacrimal system fistula or hypertrophic scars emerged except 1 patient with conjunctival exposure. Conclusions: Through this gray line split method, the authors can acquire larger and brighter eyes without serious complications. The authors think that this is a good method and worthy of promotion

https://www.semanticscholar.org/pap...-guo/7012f2c90225cfa6b545014645b0f0e71087daf8

now how the eyes end up rounder. in opposite to that canthoplasty done by dr. taban make the eyes less round?

or is a canthoplasty just a description of a certain surgery technique at a certain part of the body which can lead to different aesthetic outcomes? just as jaw surgery can lead to different surgical outcomes depending what the surgeon choose to do (putting the maxilla backwards, forward, rotating clockwise or counterclockwise etc)?

@SurgerySoon