Premolar extractions with bimaxillary protrusion?

Deleted member 5634

Deleted member 5634

Banned
The normal consensus on looksmax is that extractions are bad, but the thing is my teeth are tilted forwards by a lot making me look like a chimp. Like the girl on the right.

Orthodontis is saying they have to extract premolars to fix my bite. Would this bring bad aesthetic changes? I think is what is known as a Anterior segmental Osteotomy. Should i let them extract? Also they say they have to extract wisdom tooth to make movements from jaw surgery easier.

• +1
Reactions: Growth Plate
I lost a premolar around 6 months ago and havent noticed any aesthetic changes yet.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5634
I got 2 wisdoms pulled (lower) and that was enough to nuke my bite on my lower jaw.

• +1
I got 2 wisdoms pulled (lower) and that was enough to nuke my bite on my lower jaw.

I hope the osteotomies might fix these issue but I still feel kinda anxious ngl

I hope the osteotomies might fix these issue but I still feel kinda anxious ngl
8 teeth pulled in total will lead to massive bone loss. You are in a lose/lose situation either way.

• So Sad
8 teeth pulled in total will lead to massive bone loss. You are in a lose/lose situation either way.

It's over, the orthodontist was alsop kind of asking me if I was shure

I'm gonna quote my comment from elsewhere:

Black shows position of incisors in bimaxillary protrusion and green shows their optimal position and red shows them after premolar extraction and retraction. Note how the incisors are actually further forward and up but upright in the optimal position, this shows how bimaxillary protrusion is no more than an illusion. See how the premolar extraction causes a little clockwise rotation of the mandible due to the incisors trapping the mandible further back.
1615610251255-png.1039037

On a face it'd look like this:

(Bimaxillary protrusion)

1615610431513-png.1039045

(Premolar extraction)
1615610633830-png.1039057

(Optimal position)

1615611299923-png.1039067

What actually happened to this kid after premolar extraction:

• +1
  • Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: WagedandReady, AscendingHero, Idontknowlol and 1 other person

Black shows position of incisors in bimaxillary protrusion and green shows their optimal position and red shows them after premolar extraction and retraction. Note how the incisors are actually further forward and up but upright in the optimal position, this shows how bimaxillary protrusion is no more than an illusion. See how the premolar extraction causes a little clockwise rotation of the mandible due to the incisors trapping the mandible further back.

(Bimaxillary protrusion)

(Premolar extraction)

(Optimal position)

View attachment 1040691

But I mean if after the extraction in red you move both the mandible and maxilla you might achieve green Right? I alsop have nigger lips do you think that detail can fuck me up? My lips are really big. Should I go ahead with the treatment on your opinion? I will probably start in a week

But I mean if after the extraction in red you move both the mandible and maxilla you might achieve green Right? I alsop have nigger lips do you think that detail can fuck me up? My lips are really big. Should I go ahead with the treatment on your opinion? I will probably start in a week
Yes maybe if you get surgery or are willing to mew for several years. The cause of bimaxillary protrusion is some combo of keeping your tongue pushing on your incisors, not keeping teeth in contact, and not having lips properly sealed. If you correct those three things you should at least have your incisors upright in their current position, and maybe over several years it'll move closer to green (without surgery).

• +1
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer, WagedandReady, AscendingHero and 1 other person
bimax protrusion does not exist. its look is due to flat nose and/or non projected chin

Last edited:
  • Hmm...
Reactions: WagedandReady and Deleted member 5634

(Bimaxillary protrusion)

(Premolar extraction)

(Optimal position)

View attachment 1040691
I lost a premolar around 6 months ago and havent noticed any aesthetic changes yet.
would removing 1 premolar from each side do anything bad to me?

i have forward protrusion in upper two teeth

like the doctor says theyre gonna give me better lip support by prolly moving my canine forward and sideways and stuff but i feel scared if its a jew trick .

• +1
Reactions: useris2292