Prevent balding by Minoxidil

BrokenX

BrokenX

Iron
A day ago I was at the trichologist and she said that she saw no reason to worry about, but comparing the old photos of my hairline with the one that now I noticed that there were a little less of hair in front of my head.
My dad is like Norwood Type 3
My mother father and brothers had full head of hair

So is it worth to use minoxidil for preventing future balding or hair loss? And if i start using it, does that mean i have to use it all my life?

Also my trichologist said that i can use it but only once per day.

Minoxidl doesn't stop you from losing hair, it just grows some new hair, somewhat covering up loss. The only thing that can actually stop hairloss and maintain your hair is finasteride, min without fin is like putting a band aid on the problem.

Also, do not use hair loss drugs if you aren't already experiencing hair loss. Depending on your age you might just be getting mature hairline.

• +1
Reactions: ScramFranklin, Danish_Retard, sandcelmuttcel and 3 others
How old are you? Minoxidil hairs on the scalp are not permanent and will fall out after you cease using it so yea you would need to use it forever. If you aren't worried about regrowth and simply wish to avoid further loss I would hop on fin if you're done growing. If you're not done growing I'd just say don't do anything, just keep a close eye and wait until you see for sure you have further recession. Most men lose a bit of hair through puberty you may have the lucky genes.

• +1
Reactions: BrokenX
How old are you? Minoxidil hairs on the scalp are not permanent and will fall out after you cease using it so yea you would need to use it forever. If you aren't worried about regrowth and simply wish to avoid further loss I would hop on fin if you're done growing. If you're not done growing I'd just say don't do anything, just keep a close eye and wait until you see for sure you have further recession. Most men lose a bit of hair through puberty you may have the lucky genes.
I'm 19 years old

I'm 19 years old

I started fin at 19 as I had been watching over the course of a year and knew for a fact I had genuine loss. Happy with my decision to do so as my hair is not only the same as I started taking it but thicker, healthier and I had a small amount of regrowth in the form of the see through small hairs growing in full.

Hop on fin if you know for certain you have loss, see how the drug treats you side effect wise. I don't think you should otherwise as you could still have some growth in you. I still grew myself, I really I had by in large no issues from fin.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1332
I started fin at 19 as I had been watching over the course of a year and knew for a fact I had genuine loss. Happy with my decision to do so as my hair is not only the same as I started taking it but thicker, healthier and I had a small amount of regrowth in the form of the see through small hairs growing in full.

Hop on fin if you know for certain you have loss, see how the drug treats you side effect wise. I don't think you should otherwise as you could still have some growth in you. I still grew myself, I really I had by in large no issues from fin.
Thank you

• +1
Reactions: lasthope, Deleted member 1332, CopeTilliRope and 1 other person
just for clarification for you OP - fin doesn't affect skin, minoxidil does tho
no sides with fin? like dry eyes or something like that?

Nothing like that personally, my sperm was slightly more liquidy for the first few weeks but that went away. I felt absolutely no difference in anyway otherwise which was nice since I was worried about sides. It's a pretty highly fear mongered drug.

• +1
Reactions: lasthope
Nothing like that personally, my sperm was slightly more liquidy for the first few weeks but that went away. I felt absolutely no difference in anyway otherwise which was nice since I was worried about sides. It's a pretty highly fear mongered drug.
Lifefuel nice to hear!

started fin at 21 y/o, no sides to complain about for almost 2 months. Have had significant regrowth, but I attribute that to minox + dermapen. Also had a very minor shed the first week or two but it is significantly better than it was before.

• +1
Reactions: lasthope