Probably a stupid question, but can taking too much collagen cause excess skin?

T

theanonymousone

Bronze
Can taking too much collagen (powder) cause excess, and therefore loose, skin? It sounds dumb I know but I was just wondering.

• JFL
Reactions: DidntRead and Deleted member 2227
No, if anything it would cause skin that is too hard I believe

• +1
Reactions: theanonymousone
No, if anything it would cause skin that is too hard I believe

Oh, I've never heard of skin being too hard, is that a bad thing? It sounds like it but I mean is it like noticeably bad or just an annoyance that doesn't affect aesthetics?

Oh, I've never heard of skin being too hard, is that a bad thing? It sounds like it but I mean is it like noticeably bad?
Yeah there are a couple diseases related to this, its not good. Bald men's shiny tough scalps are due to excess fibrosis and collagen giving the skin a tough appearance IIRC
Edit: not sure about the collagen but excess fibrosis and calcification of tissue

• +1
Yeah there are a couple diseases related to this, its not good. Bald men's shiny tough scalps are due to excess fibrosis and collagen giving the skin a tough appearance IIRC

Interesting, so is this the kind of thing where you have to have a disorder for it to happen? Like for most normal people taking collagen won't do this?

Interesting, so is this the kind of thing where you have to have a disorder for it to happen? Like for most normal people taking collagen won't do this?
I highly doubt that taking collagen would ever cause this if excess collagen does in the first place, its more to do with an internal breakdown in the body's ability to manage tissue and less to do with too much resources imo

• +1
Reactions: Luke LLL and theanonymousone
I highly doubt that taking collagen would ever cause this if excess collagen does in the first place, its more to do with an internal breakdown in the body's ability to manage tissue and less to do with too much resources imo
Ok thanks that's what I was wondering

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
No. It is just as if you eating too much protein. The biggest short term concern being stress to the kidneys.

• +1
Reactions: Rift, theanonymousone and LordNorwood
Is Collagen powder shown to work? or is it just protein powder?

Is Collagen powder shown to work? or is it just protein powder?
Collagen powder is uniquely high in amino acids Proline and Glycin. More important for oldcels who may lack the enzymes to convert other amino acids into Proline and Glycine. I take about 8g a day, but I am old.

• +1
Collagen powder is uniquely high in amino acids Proline and Glycin. More important for oldcels who may lack the enzymes to convert other amino acids into Proline and Glycine. I take about 8g a day, but I am old.
Thanks, could you provide a link to the product you take so I can buy it as well?

Collagen powder is scam. Forget about it.

• +1
Reactions: DidntRead
this brand
s-l300.jpg