Progesterone while taking fin but without TRT ?

D

Deleted member 15791

Silver
title

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest
Yeah it’s a good idea.

It’s best to understand why you should take progesterone on hormone altering drugs.

Understanding the 5Ar-Allopregnanolone pathways etc.

Careful with progesterone, don’t take too much.

• +1
Reactions: noorwoodinfinite and ChristianChad
just dont take fin

fix your diet
specifically increase your Calcium : Phosphorus ratio to 1:1, *ideally* 2:1 but its very hard to achieve this and I dont recommend it since you will mess up your Magneisum status. On the topic of Magnesium, you will have to increase its intake aswell or you will get bad symptoms, too much Calcium relative to Magnesium is bad. I think the ratio should be 1 : 0.5 ideally ( Calcium : Magnesium ) any higher in unrealistic.

Also increase your Zinc intake via eating more red meat; but also increase your Copper intake by eating organ meats such as Beef Liver, Beef Kidney.. Beef liver from a good butcher is the best imo for getting copper, even though Kidney is higher a bit its very difficult to prepare as a dish, liver is simpler to prepare.

Avoid stress, sometimes get a bit of sun exposure, sleep so much that you wake up naturally every day, go on long walks, have sex, stretch...

tldr:​

Input your daily diet on cronometer

Get Calcium : Phosphorus dietary ratio to 1:1
Eat in-general more Magnesium foods (I can elab on good sources and what I eat for Mg)
Increase general Zinc and Copper intake via Red Meat and eating weekly / twice a week Beef Liver from a butcher (not from a supermarket, or else it will taste very very bad.. good liver tastes good and slightly sweet, it should be red / bright red ideally, not grey etc.)
Avoid stress, starvation, darkness, sleep deprivation, moving too little (go on walks, stretch well)

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa
just dont take fin

fix your diet
specifically increase your Calcium : Phosphorus ratio to 1:1, *ideally* 2:1 but its very hard to achieve this and I dont recommend it since you will mess up your Magneisum status. On the topic of Magnesium, you will have to increase its intake aswell or you will get bad symptoms, too much Calcium relative to Magnesium is bad. I think the ratio should be 1 : 0.5 ideally ( Calcium : Magnesium ) any higher in unrealistic.

Also increase your Zinc intake via eating more red meat; but also increase your Copper intake by eating organ meats such as Beef Liver, Beef Kidney.. Beef liver from a good butcher is the best imo for getting copper, even though Kidney is higher a bit its very difficult to prepare as a dish, liver is simpler to prepare.

Avoid stress, sometimes get a bit of sun exposure, sleep so much that you wake up naturally every day, go on long walks, have sex, stretch...

Eat in-general more Magnesium foods (I can elab on good sources and what I eat for Mg)
Increase general Zinc and Copper intake via Red Meat and eating weekly / twice a week Beef Liver from a butcher (not from a supermarket, or else it will taste very very bad.. good liver tastes good and slightly sweet, it should be red / bright red ideally, not grey etc.)
Avoid stress, starvation, darkness, sleep deprivation, moving too little (go on walks, stretch well)
the dietary aspect has hormonal implications, it will lower Estrogenicity and thus your body will not overproduce Androgens like DHT to compensate

just dont take fin

fix your diet

I like Ray Peat too but this won't work

• +1
Reactions: noorwoodinfinite
just dont take fin

fix your diet

The zinc and copper ratio is too off in liver

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
The zinc and copper ratio is too off in liver
the purpose of Liver in this context is increasing Copper. Regurely eating red meat will take care of Zinc, Liver will take care of Copper.

I like Ray Peat too but this won't work
explain why people are balding much more now

back in my grandmothers days, you didnt EVER see a balding / bald person who was below mid 40s

its because of shit diet, specifically underconsumption of dairy and organ meats... also shit lifestyle and tons of pufa consumption, anything that produces physiologic stress (which leads to Estrogenicity and then to overproduction of DHT as a way to combat the Estrogenicity)

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Elvisandreaa and Dainslief
Yeah it’s a good idea.

It’s best to understand why you should take progesterone on hormone altering drugs.

Understanding the 5Ar-Allopregnanolone pathways etc.

Careful with progesterone, don’t take too much.
Do you know where you can get it in the EU ?

just dont take fin

fix your diet

Look. I know you Ray Peat enthusiasts. This stuff isn’t going to prevent balding.

DHT is bad for the hair follicles. It has been forever. This is why men go bald. Stress may have a factor, but in general it shouldn’t be compared to Fin.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Deleted member 16834
Look. I know you Ray Peat enthusiasts. This stuff isn’t going to prevent balding.

DHT is bad for the hair follicles. It has been forever. This is why men go bald. Stress may have a factor, but in general it shouldn’t be compared to Fin.
DHT is increased in response to excess estrogen.

I think in the case of balding there are systemic high levels/excess of prolactin, estrogen, cortisol and serotonin. Thus the increase of DHT in the scalp, because of the excess of these harmful hormones present, is the culprit for balding, not the DHT itself.

DHT is increased in response to excess estrogen.

I think in the case of balding there are systemic high levels/excess of prolactin, estrogen, cortisol and serotonin. Thus the increase of DHT in the scalp, because of the excess of these harmful hormones present, is the culprit for balding, not the DHT itself.
If DHT was increased from excess estrogen wouldn’t it lower estrogen?

Don’t you see it’s a paradox. Too high estrogen, increases DHT, DHT shoulder estrogen then.

So if it crushes estrogen there shouldn’t be an increase in prolactin, serotonin and cortisol.

Also if excess estrogen causes excess scalp DHT (and thus balding), then yes it is the DHT itself killing the hair follicle.

Any source for your theory?

I’m not for Fin. But the whole idea that hormone/hormone/hormone (downstream cascading events) causes balding, it’s ridiculous. It’s a pseudoscience. I have yet to see any well made, peer reviewed studies on it.

answer, why is balding much more common right now? why are people balding in their 20s?
imo it must be nutritional deficiencies of the modern diet and also physiological stress, this causes overproduction of DHT because the body tries to compensate for the increased Estradiol and decreased Test

• +1
Reactions: hypergamy
answer, why is balding much more common right now? why are people balding in their 20s?
imo it must be nutritional deficiencies of the modern diet and also physiological stress, this causes overproduction of DHT because the body tries to compensate for the increased Estradiol and decreased Test
Source?

Low T is probably the cause of balding in young men. (Not saying stress and nutrient deficiencies don’t have a role fyi).

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
Respond to the latter of my response on the first post.

I don't have exact sources tbh, its just my conclusions based off of studies and scientific plus anecdotal literature on it.
Low T is probably the cause of balding in young men. (Not saying stress and nutrient deficiencies don’t have a role fyi).
Low T will lead to overproduction of DHT in a "healthy" male (because it is a powerful androgen and so can compensate when Testosterone is down, it also opposes Estrogen. When your Testosterone is good you are unlikely to produce a lot of dht. So u are right)
This is why most "soyboys" with Free T levels of elderly men are hairy fat and bald with beard.

Low T is caused by bad systematic health and physiological stress,both will also cause balding.

Stress and nutrient deficiencies have hormonal implications such as lowered T (to a very significant degree, too.. its known)

• +1
Reactions: hypergamy