PSA: Your skin is almost certainly dehydrated

B

benignice

Diamond
The dryness/oiliness of your skin is almost irrelevant in this case, the vast majority of people have massively dehydrated skin and it only serves to exacerbate any problems that you already have.

Throwing a humectant into your routine will likely make a massive difference in how your skin looks with very minimal effort.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|, Patient A, Deleted member 6573 and 11 others
can't be, last night your mom squirted all over my face after i ate her out like an obese man feasting on 20 Big Macs

• JFL
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Patient A, Deleted member 14262, GucciMvne and 15 others
The dryness/oiliness of your skin is almost irrelevant in this case, the vast majority of people have massively dehydrated skin and it only serves to exacerbate any problems that you already have.

Throwing a humectant into your routine will likely make a massive difference in how your skin looks with very minimal effort.
Why would it be dehydrated tho

you didnt include this in your skincare guide on google drive, right ?

Wanna add it and expand on it with example pictures so we can tell if we have it?

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand
I think my hair is dehydrated. What can I do

Why would it be dehydrated tho
In short: Transepidermal water loss is a motherfucker.
you didnt include this in your skincare guide on google drive, right ?

Wanna add it and expand on it with example pictures so we can tell if we have it?
I didn't specifically, no. Although it all comes down to transepidermal water loss which I did address. I can add a bit though if you think that it might be useful?
As for photos, theres usually not a lot to look at. Generally the skin tends to look a bit dull and flat. Your skin might feel tight and it tends to absorb moisturiser really quickly. If you wear makeup a dead giveaway of dehydrated skin is if the makeup goes patchy quite quickly since your skin is just absorbing any water that might be in your foundation or concealer.
I think my hair is dehydrated. What can I do
That depends on whether the hair is dry or dehydrated. If it's dry then it's an issue with the hair cuticle, if it's dehydrated it's usually an issue with the inner layers of the hair.

• +1
Reactions: Griffith and Deleted member 1751
In short: Transepidermal water loss is a motherfucker.

I didn't specifically, no. Although it all comes down to transepidermal water loss which I did address. I can add a bit though if you think that it might be useful?
As for photos, theres usually not a lot to look at. Generally the skin tends to look a bit dull and flat. Your skin might feel tight and it tends to absorb moisturiser really quickly. If you wear makeup a dead giveaway of dehydrated skin is if the makeup goes patchy quite quickly since your skin is just absorbing any water that might be in your foundation or concealer.

That depends on whether the hair is dry or dehydrated. If it's dry then it's an issue with the hair cuticle, if it's dehydrated it's usually an issue with the inner layers of the hair.
So how can i fix it? How can i know

So how can i fix it? How can i know
How often are you currently washing your hair and what products are you using? Also what type of hair do you have (straight or curly)?

• +1
How often are you currently washing your hair and what products are you using? Also what type of hair do you have (straight or curly)?
I wash my hair daily. Its kind of curly with frizz. Every once in a week, i oil massage my hair use shampoo and conditioner. Occasionally use hair cream too

I wash my hair daily. Its kind of curly with frizz. Every once in a week, i oil massage my hair use shampoo and conditioner. Occasionally use hair cream too
Do you need to wash your hair daily? Over cleansing can be just as stripping for your hair as it is for your skin.

Plenty of good info in there- some stuff that isn't exactly right but for the most part I'd agree.

• +1
Do you need to wash your hair daily? Over cleansing can be just as stripping for your hair as it is for your skin.

Plenty of good info in there- some stuff that isn't exactly right but for the most part I'd agree.
It's very hot in here so i do it so i won't smell

It's very hot in here so i do it so i won't smell
By all means shower, but if you can get away with not shampooing your hair every day then that's what I'd recommend.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6310, Griffith and Deleted member 1751
By all means shower, but if you can get away with not shampooing your hair every day then that's what I'd recommend.
Mm ok. What if I use a conditioner instead?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 534
Mm ok. What if I use a conditioner instead?
Just don't wash your hair at all every other day. If you need to absorb some of the extra oil on your scalp, then dry shampoo is a good option.

• +1
My skin is extremely oily, I always look like I am sweating.

• +1
Reactions: Griffith
What do you think about lanette creme?

Does that mean my skin is not dehydrated, since it is oily as fuck?
Nope, you can still be dehydrated. Dehydration is a matter of the amount of water in your skin, whereas oily/dry is the amount of oil in your skin. Think of oily as your skin type, whereas dehydration can be a condition that your skin may still have regardless of skin type.

• +1
Reactions: |Daddy_Zygos|, Griffith and her
Nope, you can still be dehydrated. Dehydration is a matter of the amount of water in your skin, whereas oily/dry is the amount of oil in your skin. Think of oily as your skin type, whereas dehydration can be a condition that your skin may still have regardless of skin type.
How do I know if my skin is dehydrated? And if it is, implementing a humectant into my routine would be enough?

How do I know if my skin is dehydrated? And if it is, implementing a humectant into my routine would be enough?
The vast majority of people's skin is dehydrated- especially if you're not doing anything for your skin in terms of a skincare routine. A couple of dead giveaways are if your skin looks dull or if it feels tight and dry even though you're oily.

A humectant would definitely help the situation if you are dehydrated, yes.

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII, Griffith and her
The vast majority of people's skin is dehydrated- especially if you're not doing anything for your skin in terms of a skincare routine. A couple of dead giveaways are if your skin looks dull or if it feels tight and dry even though you're oily.

A humectant would definitely help the situation if you are dehydrated, yes.
Thank you for the help.

I can vouch for OP and his skincare guide. Really helped me out even though my skin wasn't bad before, but it improved so much.

• Love it
Reactions: benignice
  • +1
Reactions: RAITEIII, her and Griffith
is a humectant the same as a moisturizing cream

I just layer vaseline over my face, it retains moisture because vaseline in a non clogging occlusive barrier.

is that an occlusive?

I just layer vaseline over my face, it retains moisture because vaseline in a non clogging occlusive barrier.
Use something like aquaphor its much better

can't be, last night your mom squirted all over my face after i ate her out like an obese man feasting on 20 Big Macs
The only thing you ate last night was a reheated frozen dinner alone in your room staring at your lap top while chad fucks your crush

The only thing you ate last night was a reheated frozen dinner alone in your room staring at your lap top while chad fucks your crush
indeed chad fucked OPs mom while i did that

Use something like aquaphor its much better
Nah, I prefer the active ingredient petroleum over mineral oil. I used lanolin and beeswax on my hair and because of my hair texture that along with sebum just runs down my face