Psychological causes of self-destructive tendencies

SaintSchizzo

SaintSchizzo

Iron
In a very tricky way, the source of the self-destructive tendency is very likely to be more than just the death drive, but also an extremely strong life drive.
One cannot be born with a strong desire to destroy one's own body; this desire must be given externally. People with a strong drive for life have feelings in childhood that are closely tied to the concept of the self, with a healthy dose of narcissism.

And as the environment changes, this feeling of selfhood will be in constant conflict with the outside, creating feelings of self denial. And the person does not allow himself to abandon this biological instinct. The most extreme form is to turn to the other side:
Suicide.

The negation of all negation by means of one's own destruction. Defining one's own death as the death of everything, destroying everyone with the ultimate destruction.
So to look at a person's self-destructive tendencies, you have to look through the frost of pain and see the true potential behind them. A person with a strong death instinct often also possesses a strong desire to live, it's just that this desire is socially normed, aka traumatized by the experience, and it's repressed in this intense conflict.

• +1
Reactions: scrunchables, cooldude1231 and spdxer
i don't know what to do, im not actively suicidal but id rather not exist

in 8th grade i wanted to be alone so bad i promised myself to make me as ugly as possible

Wow, good post bro