Pulling the maxilla only forwards

Solstice
Will pulling the maxilla only forwards — not rotating it at all, therefore not changing the gonial angle — do this to the jaw theoretically?:
23FD7EB2 F3EC 45EA B0DA 589409D1A978

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: lifestyle21873
just get implants

• JFL
  • Ugh..
  • Hmm...
Reactions: sandcelmuttcel, Deleted member 4430, Good_Little_Goy and 3 others
Probably not but idk you might get IMDO for the created overbite

You cant pull maxilla forward jfl

• +1
Reactions: Britishlooksmaxxer
for some weird reason i felt like that has happened to be cuz of mewing , but dont really know fully

Probably not but idk you might get IMDO for the created overbite
What can I do to the maxilla to make my jaw remodel like that..theoretically.

Probably nothing considering you aren't a child... I mean try facepulling but don't expect anything

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions, SPFromNY914 and Good_Little_Goy

nothing, it won’t work. Don’t try anything, only surgery works.

• +1
Reactions: CursedOne and goat2x
theoretically by chewing you make the masseters bigger and thus the ramus will also get bigger with time, making the gonial angle lower and moving the maxilla forwards without any downward growth while in puberty.

theoretically by chewing you make the masseters bigger and thus the ramus will also get bigger with time, making the gonial angle lower and moving the maxilla forwards without any downward growth while in puberty.
Will this increase chin height as well because the longer the ramus, the longer the chin height because the ramus needs a place to grow and it can only push off of that chin section of the mandible.

Will this increase chin height as well because the longer the ramus, the longer the chin height because the ramus needs a place to grow and it can only push off of that chin section of the mandible.
No it wont. Otherwise the gonial angles will stay the same

Fortunately your problem is quite easy - you don't have downward growth you are Just recessed. In that case surgery like bimax or Modified Lefort 3 would ascend you hard
Surgery won't work while you have downward growth

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5912 and CursedOne
Is it possible to only pull the maxilla forwards or is this impossible

Upper jaw-midface protraction in adults is possible but with very little effect. Barely 2 to 4 mm.

The lower jaw does not grow following the upper, nor remodels. At all.

• So Sad
Reactions: SPFromNY914, stuckneworleans and 000
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5912 and 000
Upper jaw-midface protraction in adults is possible but with very little effect. Barely 2 to 4 mm.

Theoretically though, incase I want to recommend this to younger people, does the mandible follow like the yellow or the red when you pull it only forwards?:
DD56E145 87E0 402F A3E7 473B516004A9

Mandibular growth potential and limit is set by genetics. It can be hindered by upper teeth that block the mandibular protrusion. It can also be hindered by diet and airway problems. But in many patients, in my opinion, it is just the other way: having a congenital small mandible affects the type of diet these kids can follow, and also predispose then to have airway problems.

If the upper jaw develops more that the mandible, the latest will not work adequately.

In kids, orthodontists can pull the mandible forward by taking the mandibular condyles out of the fossae. This makes the illusion of growing, but it isn’t, and this affects the joints and causes TMJ problems in the long term (sometimes short term)

In adults there are no chances to get that remodelling.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 8758, Deleted member 5912 and 1 other person
Will pulling the maxilla only forwards — not rotating it at all, therefore not changing the gonial angle — do this to the jaw theoretically?:
View attachment 627579
But I wouldn't want to pull my lower forward if I have a bad gonial angle.(Unless you have a beard)

So there's no way to move the midface up and forward at all?

Not even with MSE+FM ? Not even by fixing overlaping teeths ??

Tempomandibular joint is attached to maxilla, so if mandible doesn't follow the upper jaw, you will be left with crossbite and overbite

That's my logical hypothesis

Not even with MSE+FM ? Not even by fixing overlaping teeths ??

Tempomandibular joint is attached to maxilla, so if mandible doesn't follow the upper jaw, you will be left with crossbite and overbite

That's my logical hypothesis

The upper part of the TMJ is part of the temporal bone, not the maxilla.

When orthodontics protract the maxilla or move upper teeth forward the brain reprogramme (a bit) the jaw and facial muscles. The mandible is displaced forward a bit, sliding the condyles down the glenoid fossae.

If the patient had the mandible "blocked" backwards this is a favourable strategy, but most of the times with significant class II patients it is not at all beneficial, as the condyles start remodeling, muscles tend not to adapt completely, TMJ discs start clicking and eventually get completely displaced... pain starts... and the mandible does not grow, it is just posturing and condylar remodeling (TMJ damage with unstable orthodontic results)

There is a very little wiggle room in this strategy but, as MSE + FM in adults have very little effect and a posterior or concomitant orthodontic treatment is done, some corrections can be done afterward.

But, again, mandibles doesn't grow! if a significant upper jaw advancement is achieved, then a mandibular surgery has to be done to get a healthy bite and an aesthetic face. Unless the patient started with a retruded maxilla and a normally positioned mandible.

• So Sad
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: It'snotover, AscendingHero and 000

When orthodontics protract the maxilla or move upper teeth forward the brain reprogramme (a bit) the jaw and facial muscles. The mandible is displaced forward a bit, sliding the condyles down the glenoid fossae.

If the patient had the mandible "blocked" backwards this is a favourable strategy, but most of the times with significant class II patients it is not at all beneficial, as the condyles start remodeling, muscles tend not to adapt completely, TMJ discs start clicking and eventually get completely displaced... pain starts... and the mandible does not grow, it is just posturing and condylar remodeling (TMJ damage with unstable orthodontic results)

There is a very little wiggle room in this strategy but, as MSE + FM in adults have very little effect and a posterior or concomitant orthodontic treatment is done, some corrections can be done afterward.

But, again, mandibles doesn't grow! if a significant upper jaw advancement is achieved, then a mandibular surgery has to be done to get a healthy bite and an aesthetic face. Unless the patient started with a retruded maxilla and a normally positioned mandible.
@retard are you sure this shit grows now

After pulling the maxilla forward, the mandible “auto-rotates” and moves forward accommodate the new position, no? Is that not Mew’s entire career?

• +1
Reactions: It'snotover and 000

Can i PM you some pics of my bite and jaw? I have some questions about prior orthodontics and what to do going forward

Fortunately your problem is quite easy - you don't have downward growth you are Just recessed. In that case surgery like bimax or Modified Lefort 3 would ascend you hard
Surgery won't work while you have downward growth
is there a way to reverse downgrowth?
ccw?

is there a way to reverse downgrowth?
ccw?
Some studies show changes in maxilla forward and upward displacement but were done on models do we don't have good proofs yet.
Ask @Aeons @curryslayerordeath and @Sergio-OMS - they have greater knowledge than me in this topic

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5912
View attachment 627579
they actually move your lower jaw at the condyle level during orthotropics.
But in orthodontics they will send you to a maxillo facial surgeon who will then do a bsso and do what you show on the screen

But how do you explain decrease in ramus? I know you don't believe in bone changes after puberty but there are people who decreased their ramus with chewing (most bodybuildings on steroids), i'm not even kidding, you can look it up

Antegonial notch cannot grow tho, but gonial angle can change !?

le fort time