PUSH-PULL Only Workout

randomvanish

randomvanish

České srdce, otevřené všem!
Gym is pretty close to me, so i'm working out for 6 days a weak. I want to do push-pull-push-pull-push-pull 6 times a week.
So no legs. My legs are already huge due to my genetics.

I rest pretty well enough, i don't feel sore or any kind of over-train signs.

Is this still can be an overtraining method that can cause under-developing muscles due to cortizol ?

• Love it
  • Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: thecel, Deleted member 7580 and Lawton88
Gym is pretty close to me, so i'm working out for 6 days a weak. I want to do push-pull-push-pull-push-pull 6 times a week.
So no legs. My legs are already huge due to my genetics.

I rest pretty well enough, i don't feel sore or any kind of over-train signs.

Is this still can be an overtraining method that can cause under-developing muscles due to cortizol ?

Not sure what you will be doing exactly but I found out years ago more is not better and 2 days a week on the major body parts except stomach and calves was better. I did jump from push to pull quite a bit however.

Not sure what you will be doing exactly but I found out years ago more is not better and 2 days a week on the major body parts except stomach and calves was better. I did jump from push to pull quite a bit however.
basically i train every part 3 times a week except legs

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Lawton88
basically i train every part 3 times a week except legs

That is what I did until I read about some weightlifters training. I was really surprised by the boost I got from giving more rest time between bodypart workouts. I did do calves and stomach 3 times but they recover faster.

• +1
Reactions: thecel, Deleted member 7725 and randomvanish
That is what I did until I read about some weightlifters training. I was really surprised by the boost I got from giving more rest time between bodypart workouts. I did do calves and stomach 3 times but they recover faster.
What's your schedule now? I did push pull every day of the week during SARMs cycles but make 0 gains without them.

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88
It really depends on the volume and intensity of the workout. I would still recommend 1 hard leg session a week so your proportions aren't completely thrown off. Best thing you can do is try 12 weeks of it, take a week or two off, and then see how you feel coming back. If you have a surge in strength and your muscles hurt a bit you might be over training.

1. It really depends on the volume and intensity of the workout. I would still recommend 1 hard leg session a week so your proportions aren't completely thrown off. Best thing you can do is try 12 weeks of it, take a week or two off, and then see how you feel coming back. If you have a surge in strength and your muscles hurt a bit you might be over training.
What's your schedule now? I did push pull every day of the week during SARMs cycles but make 0 gains without them.
push :
  1. bench press : 4x6~8
  2. shoulder press : 4x10
  3. chest fly : 4x10
  4. pushdown 4x10
  5. side raises : 4x20
  6. skull crusher : 3x10
total set : 23

pull :
  1. under grip lat pulldown : 4x10
  2. overhand wide grip lat pulldown : 4x10
  3. cable row : 4x10
  4. barbell row : 3x10
  5. high cable row : 3x10
  6. bicep curl : 3x10
  7. hammer curl : 3x10
total set : 24

what do you think ? @SubhumanCurrycel @CupOfCoffee
i'm natty btw, only creatine.

Also i must say that , over like 15~16 months my shoulder circumference went from 121 to 136
biceps got only 39cm (from 36)
chest 100 to 114.

i don't know if it's a good grow.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725 and Lawton88

Chest/back - M and Th
Legs/Arms - Tue and Fr

Stomach 3 days week at home

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725
alright man first off i gotta say i dont understand why you dont actually train legs, your excuse seems pretty bs to me, i bet your legs aint even as big as you claim and actually training legs would be beneficial for resting your other bodyparts and actually make programming easier but, you do you after all

by doing an overall high frequency it is actually better for a natty since you can trigger protein synthesis often, however you can either do now a lot of volume or train intensely. training with very high volume is literally the biggest meme for natties, so training intense should be the importance.

now with a high frequency, overall volume you can do around total of 12-20 work sets weekly per body part is optimal. if you wish to do more like mid 20's you need to stick mostly to isolation movements for recovery purposes.

what i would do if i was you is, for 3 seperate workouts i would do one compounds day, and 2 isolations day, on every workout total of 9 work sets so overall 27 sets per muscle groupings. and per exercise 2x6-8 or 8-10 on isolation days, and taking last set to intensive failure (besides compounds ofc) or beyond failure SOMETIMES by using intensity methods such as drop sets, rest pause, mechanical drop sets, loaded stretching, isometric pauses, myo reps etc etc.

alright too much geeky stuff here is an example of compounds and iso days for both pushing and pulling muscles.

1- push compounds day ;

A1. DB Bench Neutral Grip 3x6-8 (last set RPE 9)
B1. DB OH Press 3x6-8 (last set RPE 9)
C1. Dips 3x6-8 (last set RPE 9)

2- push iso day ;

A1. Tricep Rope Pushdown 3x6-8 (last set taken to failure)
B1. Lateral Raises with Pulley 3x8-10 (last set taken to failure)
C1.Pec Deck Machine 3x8-10 (last set taken to failure)

3- pull compounds day ;

A1.Snatch Grip High Pulls 3x6-8 (highly technical exercise,so thread careful and dont look to go failure in any of sets, with a good technique focus on explosiveness of bar.)
B1. Chinups 3x6-8 (last set RPE 9)
C1. Dumbbell Rows 3x8-10 (last set RPE 9)

4- pull iso day;

A1. Face pulls 3x8-10 (last set taken to failure)
B1.Rear Delt Machine 3x8-10 (last set taken to failure)
C1. Machine Scott Curls 3x6-8 (last set taken to failure)

this overall should give you a good idea. and dont worry you wont overtrain jfl. the mythical idea of overtraining by an average gym goer just irks me to death. true cases of an actual psychological case of overtraining only happens with people who are legitimate professional athletes, usually who plays a sport professionally, does track work on side, and also lifts to complement their actual respective sport, even then it is literally 1/1000 and they should be going balls to the walls, true overtraining symptoms can last up to months to recover from.

so dont worry, lifting for 6 hours a week wont cause overtraining.

cortisol is number two enemy of natties after high volume which is also what high cortisol. cortisol must be high pre and intra workout because cortisol helps you mobilize stored energy, increases wakeness, gives you energy, does it by raising adrenaline. however it also causes muscle breakdown, hurts recovery, increases insulin resistance. you can fight it by intelligent programming and post workout carb shakes with protein, such as maltodextrin and whey as they help shutting down cortisol pretty fast.

so yeah that overall is it to begin with tbh. good luck ask me if you want to know more

Last edited:
legs is key for releasing testosterone into your body and higher gains, if u dont train legs youre losing out on big gains

alright man first off i gotta say i dont understand why you dont actually train legs, your excuse seems pretty bs to me, i bet your legs aint even as big as you claim and actually training legs would be beneficial for resting your other bodyparts and actually make programming easier but, you do you after all

by doing an overall high frequency it is actually better for a natty since you can trigger protein synthesis often, however you can either do now a lot of volume or train intensely. training with very high volume is literally the biggest meme for natties, so training intense should be the importance.

now with a high frequency, overall volume you can do around total of 12-20 work sets weekly per body part is optimal. if you wish to do more like mid 20's you need to stick mostly to isolation movements for recovery purposes.

what i would do if i was you is, for 3 seperate workouts i would do one compounds day, and 2 isolations day, on every workout total of 9 work sets so overall 27 sets per muscle groupings. and per exercise 2x6-8 or 8-10 on isolation days, and taking last set to intensive failure (besides compounds ofc) or beyond failure SOMETIMES by using intensity methods such as drop sets, rest pause, mechanical drop sets, loaded stretching, isometric pauses, myo reps etc etc.

alright too much geeky stuff here is an example of compounds and iso days for both pushing and pulling muscles.

1- push compounds day ;

A1. DB Bench Neutral Grip 3x6-8 (last set RPE 9)
B1. DB OH Press 3x6-8 (last set RPE 9)
C1. Dips 3x6-8 (last set RPE 9)

2- push iso day ;

A1. Tricep Rope Pushdown 3x6-8 (last set taken to failure)
B1. Lateral Raises with Pulley 3x8-10 (last set taken to failure)
C1.Pec Deck Machine 3x8-10 (last set taken to failure)

3- pull compounds day ;

A1.Snatch Grip High Pulls 3x6-8 (highly technical exercise,so thread careful and dont look to go failure in any of sets, with a good technique focus on explosiveness of bar.)
B1. Chinups 3x6-8 (last set RPE 9)
C1. Dumbbell Rows 3x8-10 (last set RPE 9)

4- pull iso day;

A1. Face pulls 3x8-10 (last set taken to failure)
B1.Rear Delt Machine 3x8-10 (last set taken to failure)
C1. Machine Scott Curls 3x6-8 (last set taken to failure)

this overall should give you a good idea. and dont worry you wont overtrain jfl. the mythical idea of overtraining by an average gym goer just irks me to death. true cases of an actual psychological case of overtraining only happens with people who are legitimate professional athletes, usually who plays a sport professionally, does track work on side, and also lifts to complement their actual respective sport, even then it is literally 1/1000 and they should be going balls to the walls, true overtraining symptoms can last up to months to recover from.

so dont worry, lifting for 6 hours a week wont cause overtraining.

cortisol is number two enemy of natties after high volume which is also what high cortisol. cortisol must be high pre and intra workout because cortisol helps you mobilize stored energy, increases wakeness, gives you energy, does it by raising adrenaline. however it also causes muscle breakdown, hurts recovery, increases insulin resistance. you can fight it by intelligent programming and post workout carb shakes with protein, such as maltodextrin and whey as they help shutting down cortisol pretty fast.

so yeah that overall is it to begin with tbh. good luck ask me if you want to know more
thank you for these variations, i really appreciated.

please look at this too ;

my strength level change :

lat pull down 40kg to 80kg
bicep curl 8kg to 14kg (single hand)
side raise 3kg to 12kg
bench 30kg to 70kg
overhead 20kg to 50kg
skullcrushers 10kg to 30kg

Also over like 15~16 months my shoulder circumference went from 121 to 136
biceps got only 39cm (from 36)
chest 100 to 114.

i don't know if it's a good grow.

do you think these are minimal changes for a 27 years old ? i never workout before.
etc.

You’d end up overtraining

unless you juicing

overtraining
elaborate this one.

because i never felt pain, fatigue, not getting progressive overload gains etc.

how should someone know if he got overtrain the muscles?

elaborate this one.

because i never felt pain, fatigue, not getting progressive overload gains etc.

how should someone know if he got overtrain the muscles?
Fatigue and not getting progressive overload
But if you don’t experience that working same muscle group 3x/week then go for it

• Love it
Reactions: randomvanish
Fatigue and not getting progressive overload
But if you don’t experience that working same muscle group 3x/week then go for it
that's why i want to keep going without legs tbh. because i'm going high and high on the weight i can lift.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7580