Pushups and pullups are all you need

D

Deleted member 18582

Poet laureate of the deep state
Everythng else is cope

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 24278, Deleted member 8365, Deleted member 21735 and 7 others
I’ve been doing this for years.

Push ups don’t target shoulders enough.
I’ve achieved a 40kg OHP 1RM and 100kg bench 1RM by spamming push ups.
My arms are also pretty shit and small relative to my strength.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24278
Just run a good split like PPL it's not cope lol

i can do 40kg ohp but not 100kg bench for some reason

yeah good point i do the pushups and the pullups on different days

qaewuibhy3gre

How is your OHP so low if you can bench 100 kilos? It should be at least 60kg.

It's a complete waste to dedicate a separate day to legs, which grow easily and with even small volume. I'd think that just push/pull would be better.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8365
It's a complete waste to dedicate a separate day to legs, which grow easily and with even small volume. I'd think that just push/pull would be better.
Yea I skip legs so yeah Ik what u mean
Only gym bros care ab legs

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 31445
Yea I skip legs so yeah Ik what u mean
Only gym bros care ab legs
legs are entirely genetics
my legs look great and i never work them out

meanwhile gymbros pump the fuck out of their legs and they still look gooofy asf

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30679
40kg OHP is beginner level though? Especially if you bench 100kg. Are shoulders your weak point ?

If you want to be fit, body weight exercises are more than enough, but if you want those nice, big muscles to stand out from the crowd, you need to go to the gym or get some more advanced equipment(and often steroids are also required)...

40kg OHP is beginner level though? Especially if you bench 100kg. Are shoulders your weak point ?

Yes. That’s the point. Push ups don’t hit shoulders so they’ve lagged terribly.

You should still be able to 1RM more than 40kg OHP with a 100kg bench, even if all you do is bench.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18522
You should still be able to 1RM more than 40kg OHP with a 100kg bench, even if all you do is bench.

All I did was push ups to get that bench number (tested my 1 RM once) Clearly bench activates your shoulders more than push ups do.

All I did was push ups to get that bench number (tested my 1 RM once) Clearly bench activates your shoulders more than push ups do.
Since you had never trained that movement pattern with a bar, you were probably alot stronger than a person who benches all the time with a max of 100kg, which makes it even more puzzling why you could only shoulder press 40kg.

Since you had never trained that movement pattern with a bar, you were probably alot stronger than a person who benches all the time with a max of 100kg, which makes it even more puzzling why you could only shoulder press 40kg.

I used to train with barbells before COVID, back then I could OHP 50Kg for 1 RM and my bench was 75kg 1 RM, both plateau’d for a long time.

I went to the gym for a bit after doing that 1 RM bench but I didn’t see any rapid strength gains (CNS gains like you’re suggesting) so I guess the muscle memory was still there.

• JFL
Reactions: gay retard
k

i made this thread years ago?

I used to train with barbells before COVID, back then I could OHP 50Kg for 1 RM and my bench was 75kg 1 RM, both plateau’d for a long time.

I went to the gym for a bit after doing that 1 RM bench but I didn’t see any rapid strength gains (CNS gains like you’re suggesting) so I guess the muscle memory was still there.
key to breaking a plateau is just eating more

@Ottoman Janissary

wouldn't you agree?

Give me sex nigga

key to breaking a plateau is just eating more

@Ottoman Janissary

wouldn't you agree?
Strength wise yes, but looks wise no

After some point, you will accumulate fat and make your face look bloated. You shouldn't eat eat more if your BMI is in the upper normal range

• +1
Reactions: gay retard
18582.jpg
15440.jpg

Pike push-ups could target the shoulders. I guess standard push ups don’t do much as your body easily gets used to the resistance.

Pike push-ups could target the shoulders. I guess standard push ups don’t do much as your body easily gets used to the resistance.

Handstand push up is the gold standard shoulder exercise but they are VERY hard.

no because my arms and shoulders are not big
i started exercising doing chin ups, then pull ups, and I kept doing this for a long time. My back got big, but comically bigger than arms and shoulders
my biceps developed too, but the view from the back is kinda comical.
but yes, you'll still improve your looks doing only chin ups and pull ups, it's infinitely better than doing nothing.

no because my arms and shoulders are not big
i started exercising doing chin ups, then pull ups, and I kept doing this for a long time. My back got big, but comically bigger than arms and shoulders
my biceps developed too, but the view from the back is kinda comical.
but yes, you'll still improve your looks doing only chin ups and pull ups, it's infinitely better than doing nothing.
yeah also do bicep curls and overhead press. then thats REALLY all you need.

• +1
Reactions: Eduardo DOV
Handstand push up is the gold standard shoulder exercise but they are VERY hard.
Yes of course. I think you can first do pike push-ups and wall hand stands to get closer to doing a handstand push-up!