Question about Bimax or Bimax with CCW

Deleted member 3259

Deleted member 3259

Kraken
Does it affect the midface at all? Can this end up making the midface longer?

CCW obviously, it makes the midface shorter

CCW can shorten percevied midface length, the absolute length of maxilla should remain the same. But essentially it gets rotated so it appears shorter.

CCW can shorten percevied midface length, the absolute length of maxilla should remain the same. But essentially it gets rotated so it appears shorter.
Thing is though, my midface ratio is 0.96 and I may need bimax and especially for upper jaw because I have the issue that when I smile, not enough teeth show, so therefore wouldn't they need to make my midface taller because it's too short?

If your issue is not enough tooth show, are you sure they're going to do CCW and not CW?

If your issue is not enough tooth show, are you sure they're going to do CCW and not CW?
Idk. Is CW bad and does it increase midface length

How do we know?
I don't know how profound the change will be, but a CCW rotation will produce a shortening effect for sure, it only makes physical sense tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
Does it affect the midface at all? Can this end up making the midface longer?

the CCW is just a method to prevent getting a longer middle third after the bimax.
with gummy smile bimax you can shorten your middle third, however in PSL the midface is just the part of the middle third behind the nose and there is not way to shorten it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1849
Midface shortening surgery is a myth. Only thing that works is a lip lift.

• So Sad
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 685 and Deleted member 1849
Bimax and chin shield i need.