Question about mirrors and distance

Lonenely sigma

Lonenely sigma

Future "username-o-plasty" candidate
Before you start shooting at me, I know that a Chad looks good under every lighting and from every angle.

That being said, I have one of these long mirrors in my house:

NISSEDAL black, Mirror, 40x150 cm - IKEA

When I stand with talking distance away from it, my FWHR looks good.

However, when I go to the end of my room, around 4 meters from the mirror, my face looks too long.

Is this kind of distortion a result of the mirror or do the proportions of your face, namely FWHR, change as you go farther away from someone?

The picture stretched so my absurdly long mirror looks normal, please click on it to see what I mean

Ever went to a gym? If yes you should know that mirrors distort the image depending on the part /angle / distance etc.

Even in the bath mirror my face changes if I stand up having in front of my face the upper part of the mirror, compared to when I'm sitting down facing the lower part. My face looks long in the upper and in the lower looks short.

So it maybe be this although I'm not sure

• +1
Reactions: DelonLover1999, Icon and Lonenely sigma
Ever went to a gym? If yes you should know that mirrors distort the image depending on the part /angle / distance etc.

Even in the bath mirror my face changes if I stand up having in front of my face the upper part of the mirror, compared to when I'm sitting down facing the lower part. My face looks long in the upper and in the lower looks short.

So it maybe be this although I'm not sure
Yeah, gyms have those wide mirrors that make your physique look better, they probably do it on purpose.

Well then, how do I know how *exactly* I look irl?

It seems like I look the best in the mirrors that are much bigger than my head, and worse in the mirrors that are roughly the same width as it.

• +1
Reactions: Debetro
I also notice the stretch with those long mirrors. I think your general reflection on all kinds of mirrors and even some windows outside should be a good indicator esp. in day light