question about orthodontic treatment before bimax/trimax

bimaxmaxxer

bimaxmaxxer

Good Boi
I live in germany and my insurance might cover for both treatments (yeahy). Problem is they told me on the phone that I need to get orthodontic treatment first before getting in contact with one of the surgeons in the clinic. They work together with the orthodontists in the same building. (In Heidelberg Germany)

Question is, should I not get the opinion of a surgeon before widening my maxilla (with something safe like sarpe) on how much I should widen it for cosmetic reasons?

I only need to fix my upper jaw and teeth.

I'm going to other clinics anways but this one is going to be my first one.

So what are you guys thinking?

• +1
Reactions: ey88 and NZb6Air
what are your dental arch width measurements lil bro

• +1
Reactions: bimaxmaxxer and ey88
what are your dental arch width measurements lil bro
Hey, I don't know this is my first ever appointment by an orthodontist as an adult.

But I know at least that I have a crossbite. And recessed jaws (my female dentist thinks that my birdface is completly ok even tho it restricts my airways).
I have no ct scans yet.

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
Hey, I don't know this is my first ever appointment by an orthodontist as an adult.

But I know at least that I have a crossbite. And recessed jaws (my female dentist thinks that my birdface is completly ok even tho it restricts my airways).
I have no ct scans yet.
if the crossbite is of skeletal origin then u need widening yes and get scans lol , idk what's ur question exactly

• +1
Reactions: bimaxmaxxer and PeakIncels
my question is, can I fix the crossbite without a surgeon involved? Because I don't know how important(upper) jaw widening is for aesthetics.
nigga crossbite can be of dental origin

or skeletal origin because the palatal vault is too narrow

former is ortho, latter is surgeon or ortho that does palatal expansion

• +1
Reactions: bimaxmaxxer
nigga crossbite can be of dental origin
View attachment 3186368

or skeletal origin because the palatal vault is too narrow
View attachment 3186369

former is ortho, latter is surgeon or ortho that does palatal expansion
palatal expansion is what I mean, does the (bimax)surgeon has to be involved in that for "aesthetic" reasons? Or can I just go to the ortho get my shit fixed and happily search for a bimax surgeon?

That's what I meant

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
you have to be involved, you will have to make sure you reach around these values

you can do the latter yes if u find an ortho that provides palatal expansion

also thumbs up all my replies :bigbrain:

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: bimaxmaxxer