Question for Europeans and other non-Anglosphere citizens, is "agecuckery" spreading over to your region?

Edmund_Kemper

Edmund_Kemper

Suicide is self-expression
I'm not condoning dating underage people in this thread or anything, but I've heard some Europeans tell me online that they knew peers when they were 16/17 dating people in their early 20s or something and nobody cared, and said the Anglosphere is only against this. At first, I didn't even believe that. Then, I heard tons of Europeans on the Internet say the same. I was kinda shocked. I know that in Europe, age gaps of 5-10 years with an 18-21 year old and an older person are accepted (which is also controversial in the Anglosphere), but I didn't know 3 to 4 year gaps with 16-17 year olds were seen as okay. I guess over there it's a Romeo and Juliet gap but here in the Anglosphere it's taboo. I don't care about age gaps of any gap between legal adults though.

But when I looked up about it because I was struggling to believe something this sensational, I've seen mixed responses from Europeans. Many Europeans on some forums were asked and said they don't approve of someone dating 16-17 year olds in their early 20s (maybe 19 year olds dating 16-17 year olds, but that's it), but many europeans say it happens all the time and nobody cares. I think I heard a couple say it used to be ok but not so much anymore.

What is it like over there? It is accepted or is it now becoming frowned upon? Not me condoning it, but I struggle to believe it sometimes because i've never heard anyone in America be okay with this (maybe expect for 16 and 18).

My Irish mother was shocked and deeply disturbed when she found out the AOC in Germany is 14

ac1.jpg

• JFL
Reactions: Prettyboy and Deleted member 25059
I'm not condoning dating underage people in this thread or anything, but I've heard some Europeans tell me online that they knew peers when they were 16/17 dating people in their early 20s or something and nobody cared, and said the Anglosphere is only against this. At first, I didn't even believe that. Then, I heard tons of Europeans on the Internet say the same. I was kinda shocked. I know that in Europe, age gaps of 5-10 years with an 18-21 year old and an older person are accepted (which is also controversial in the Anglosphere), but I didn't know 3 to 4 year gaps with 16-17 year olds were seen as okay. I guess over there it's a Romeo and Juliet gap but here in the Anglosphere it's taboo. I don't care about age gaps of any gap between legal adults though.

But when I looked up about it because I was struggling to believe something this sensational, I've seen mixed responses from Europeans. Many Europeans on some forums were asked and said they don't approve of someone dating 16-17 year olds in their early 20s (maybe 19 year olds dating 16-17 year olds, but that's it), but many europeans say it happens all the time and nobody cares. I think I heard a couple say it used to be ok but not so much anymore.

What is it like over there? It is accepted or is it now becoming frowned upon? Not me condoning it, but I struggle to believe it sometimes because i've never heard anyone in America be okay with this (maybe expect for 16 and 18).
this is normal as long as no one knows in your social circle, if they find out there is a chance they will shame you for this. But in general, people turn a blind eye to this

this is normal as long as no one knows in your social circle, if they find out there is a chance they will shame you for this. But in general, people turn a blind eye to this
Where do you live?

The Netherlands
How do they feel about legal adult age gaps including 5-10 years and 10+ years? In America dating an 18-21 year old when you even just a few years older is taboo

Oh nevermind you're talking about age
It depends but it looks like it's spreading

Oh nevermind you're talking about age
It depends but it looks like it's spreading
Do you think Europe has began to act more strict about it like America?

I’m at the end of undergrad and somewhat regularly slay 17 yo s off of Yubo or clubs, have no intention of stopping this habit. No one bats an eye

I’m at the end of undergrad and somewhat regularly slay 17 yo s off of Yubo or clubs, have no intention of stopping this habit. No one bats an eye
Are you French?