Question for surgerymaxxers

Cleftcel

Cleftcel

Genetic dead end
I'm curious about the psychological effects of changing your appearance, do you experience any dysphoria/anxiety etc looking in the mirror and not seeing yourself as you've always looked? is it weird?

Tbh, when i had fillers in my jaw and woke up and looked at the mirror, you kinda feel weird, even your shadow changes.

• Woah
Reactions: Barbarossa_
I already wanna shoot my face every time I look in the mirror so I'll be ok

• So Sad
Reactions: Cleftcel
Ive not surgerymaxxed yet, but im sure ill probably feel better, getting my narrow palate fixed, getting my jawline widened and advanced would only be positive changes to my appearance and would probably make me feel more confident (im fairly confident now even)
Tbh, when i had fillers in my jaw and woke up and looked at the mirror, you kinda feel weird, even your shadow changes.
Arnt you getting a jaw wrap too?

If you ascend it must feel truly euphoric and if you descend it must feel like living hell, quite a coin flip. Alternatively if there's not a massive visible difference I can imagine a lot of people being not feeling that different than from before

I'm curious about the psychological effects of changing your appearance, do you experience any dysphoria/anxiety etc looking in the mirror and not seeing yourself as you've always looked? is it weird?

Personally i had double jaw surgery+genioplasty, once the sweeling gone away and I have seen the result of the surgery I was euphoric and happy as a child on Christmas day, zero anxiety or second thoughts. The only strange moment was when I restarted social life because people who already knew me looked at me strangely and some asked me what I did to my face.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685