Questions about Jaw surgery

D

Deleted member 4675

🇫🇷🇫🇷
I used to wear braces because I have a overbite but it didn't fully fix my bite.

Will I have to wear braces again? They wanted me to wear elastic bands but I decided to not wear them (when I had braces). Where can I learn more about double jaw surgery? Does swelling come down to reasonable levels in 2-3 months? And how long is the usual time you have to wear braces.

• +1
Reactions: BugeyeBigNoseCurry and Repentsinner
braces are usually 1 year - 1,5 years but if you already had braces it may be less

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 4675 and BugeyeBigNoseCurry
braces are usually 1 year - 1,5 years but if you already had braces it may be less
Might need more if he had braces to compensate the teeth for the jaws

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4675
Might need more if he had braces to compensate the teeth for the jaws
it depends what the braces did
he said he didn't want elastics, it's elastics that compensate
it most likely won't change anything because without elastics he just straightened his teeth

it most likely won't change anything because without elastics he just straightened his teeth
Yeah I'm pretty sure I just straightened my teeth. Overbite was solved a little bit I think. How is it even possible for braces to fix a bite though without elastics?

Yeah I'm pretty sure I just straightened my teeth. Overbite was solved a little bit I think. How is it even possible for braces to fix a bite though without elastics?
It's not, it's the elastics that (can) align your bite

• +1
  • +1
Don't elastics recess maxilla or is that just Mike Mew fear mongering
Some people say it does but if you're gonna have surgery it's not an issue, they're gonna just put your teeth forward, they won't try to align your bite because they're gonna do it with the surgery

• +1
what about class 3 elastics for fixing bottom front teeth crowding?would it change my lower jaw and recess me?

Attachments

• 20240131_162120.jpg
    20240131_162120.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0