RARELY DISCUSSED allergic rhinitis and how it lookmins everyone who has it

C

coxel

Iron
Firstly GTFOH if you have never had frequently runny/blocked nose from some kind of allergy.

Allergic rhinitis is a condition estimated to affect approximately 20%(!!!) of the U.S. population and can be triggered by seasonal allergens, perennial allergens, or both. For this subhuman infested forum the number is going to be higher.

Appearing as healthy as possible is a part of looksmaxxing. Eg. recession, balding, high bodyfat, acne etc. are all signs of poor health. So it follows that having visible signs of being unable to handle the environment and getting an allergic reaction is also subhuman.

Fortunately this can be solved very easily, first you should understand the implications of allergic rhinitis:

1. Mouth breathing and reduced oxygenation to the brain from a blocked nose. I shouldn't need to explain why this is bad.
2. Under-eye purple/blue discoloration from congestion which leads to swelling and pooling of blood under the eyes, resulting in dark circles or "allergic shiners" which make you look tired and sickly. The severity is determined by the degree of congestion and thinness of the skin. This is rarely mentioned here when it comes to undereyemaxxing which is really surprising as it could be a lot of peoples underlying problem and they just aren't aware of it.

3. Puffy eyes, especially in the morning, which are caused by allergic reactions which can cause inflammation and swelling around the eyes, leading to puffiness or worsening of bags under the eyes.
4. Watery, red, or itchy eyes: Allergic conjunctivitis, which often accompanies allergic rhinitis, can cause the eyes to become watery, red, and itchy.

5. Facial puffiness: In some cases, severe allergic reactions can cause more generalized facial swelling, affecting the cheeks and other areas of the face.

The images above are severe cases, it's not typically going to be this bad. Symptoms take a few weeks to go fully disappear once allergies are solved.

These are the most common allergens: Pollen (trees, grasses, weeds), dust mites, mold (indoor and outdoor varieties) and pet dander.

NOW, HOW DO WE FIX THIS? There are a variety of methods but I will only focus on the ones I think are the best and work for pretty much everyone:

1. 2nd gen antihistamines that selectively antagonize peripheral H1 receptors implicated in allergic rhinitis. Fexofenadine is the best imo as it is the most selective and well tolerated. In studies at dosages well beyond the daily 180mg recommended amount for adults it shows improved responses and at 540mg a day it halts symptoms in almost everyone without inducing drowsiness from penetration of the blood brain barrier like other 2nd gen drugs can (still wont be severe but why use an inferior drug?).
2. Immunotherapy which can be used in conjunction with anti histamines and after a few years of therapy your body will have learnt to handle the allergens and you can move on with your life. For single allergen sensitivity, sublingual immunotherapy can be administered daily, but allergy shots are a more effective and cost-efficient option for multi-allergen sensitivities.

There is also:

1. Nasal corticosteroids
2. Allergen avoidance
3. Decongestants
4. Leukotriene inhibitors
5. Nasal saline rinses
6. Environmental control measures (HEPA filters, dehumidifiers)
7. Supplementation such as quercetin

You can research these yourself, they're not worth going into as my suggested approach above should work for most.

If you think any of these could be affecting you go get a skin prick or a blood allergy test. This won’t confirm with 100% certainty but it’s close enough. The reason I suggest doing this immediately is you need to halt most medications for the test which is annoying.

Hope this was informative and helped someone,

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: LVZZO, twojei, Fishy and 1 other person

• +1
Reactions: twojei and n9wiff
nigguh thinks hes breaking the ground

Do you have allergies bro? The allergy test showed that my anti-inflammatory response to tropical mites was quite considerable compared to the other things tested. It is hellish because not only does it make you uglier, but it is accompanied by sleep disorders such as sleep apnea and bruxism.

ALLERGIES ARE SUCH A SUBHUMAN ILLNESS:feelswah:.

Do you have allergies bro? The allergy test showed that my anti-inflammatory response to tropical mites was quite considerable compared to the other things tested. It is hellish because not only does it make you uglier, but it is accompanied by sleep disorders such as sleep apnea and bruxism.

ALLERGIES ARE SUCH A SUBHUMAN ILLNESS:feelswah:.
Yeah dust mites but with simple medication i haven’t had to deal with it in a long time. How does it cause apnea and especially bruxism for you? It is subhuman ye but typically easily solvable if it’s from environmental allergens like yours is.

Yeah dust mites but with simple medication i haven’t had to deal with it in a long time. How does it cause apnea and especially bruxism for you? It is subhuman ye but typically easily solvable if it’s from environmental allergens like yours is.
I suspect it is because the body get stressed due to how little oxygen there is, so it starts going crazy, and changing positions in order to breathe well. But there is a strong genetic component to it as well, which I think I inherited from my mom.

I suspect it is because the body get stressed due to how little oxygen there is, so it starts going crazy, and changing positions in order to breathe well. But there is a strong genetic component to it as well, which I think I inherited from my mom.
What are you doing to fix this?

What are you doing to fix this?
I will be visiting a dentist and a physiotherapist. I need to fix my posture too.

Masseters and temporal muscle massages, taking magnesium before going to sleep.

I will be visiting a dentist and a physiotherapist. I need to fix my posture too.

Masseters and temporal muscle massages, taking magnesium before going to sleep.
Dentist and physio might be able to help, also go to the gym for your posture and focus on strengthening the trap and rear delts. Are you doing anything for the actual allergy tho?

Dentist and physio might be able to help, also go to the gym for your posture and focus on strengthening the trap and rear delts. Are you doing anything for the actual allergy tho?
It seems I will be starting allergy treatment against mites soon. I also take cetirizine pills, and use saline and fluticasone nasal sprays.

Firstly GTFOH if you have never had frequently runny/blocked nose from some kind of allergy.

Allergic rhinitis is a condition estimated to affect approximately 20%(!!!) of the U.S. population and can be triggered by seasonal allergens, perennial allergens, or both. For this subhuman infested forum the number is going to be higher.

Appearing as healthy as possible is a part of looksmaxxing. Eg. recession, balding, high bodyfat, acne etc. are all signs of poor health. So it follows that having visible signs of being unable to handle the environment and getting an allergic reaction is also subhuman.

Fortunately this can be solved very easily, first you should understand the implications of allergic rhinitis:

1. Mouth breathing and reduced oxygenation to the brain from a blocked nose. I shouldn't need to explain why this is bad.
2. Under-eye purple/blue discoloration from congestion which leads to swelling and pooling of blood under the eyes, resulting in dark circles or "allergic shiners" which make you look tired and sickly. The severity is determined by the degree of congestion and thinness of the skin. This is rarely mentioned here when it comes to undereyemaxxing which is really surprising as it could be a lot of peoples underlying problem and they just aren't aware of it.
View attachment 2949033
3. Puffy eyes, especially in the morning, which are caused by allergic reactions which can cause inflammation and swelling around the eyes, leading to puffiness or worsening of bags under the eyes.
4. Watery, red, or itchy eyes: Allergic conjunctivitis, which often accompanies allergic rhinitis, can cause the eyes to become watery, red, and itchy.
View attachment 2949034
5. Facial puffiness: In some cases, severe allergic reactions can cause more generalized facial swelling, affecting the cheeks and other areas of the face.

The images above are severe cases, it's not typically going to be this bad. Symptoms take a few weeks to go fully disappear once allergies are solved.

These are the most common allergens: Pollen (trees, grasses, weeds), dust mites, mold (indoor and outdoor varieties) and pet dander.

NOW, HOW DO WE FIX THIS? There are a variety of methods but I will only focus on the ones I think are the best and work for pretty much everyone:

1. 2nd gen antihistamines that selectively antagonize peripheral H1 receptors implicated in allergic rhinitis. Fexofenadine is the best imo as it is the most selective and well tolerated. In studies at dosages well beyond the daily 180mg recommended amount for adults it shows improved responses and at 540mg a day it halts symptoms in almost everyone without inducing drowsiness from penetration of the blood brain barrier like other 2nd gen drugs can (still wont be severe but why use an inferior drug?).
2. Immunotherapy which can be used in conjunction with anti histamines and after a few years of therapy your body will have learnt to handle the allergens and you can move on with your life. For single allergen sensitivity, sublingual immunotherapy can be administered daily, but allergy shots are a more effective and cost-efficient option for multi-allergen sensitivities.

There is also:

1. Nasal corticosteroids
2. Allergen avoidance
3. Decongestants
4. Leukotriene inhibitors
5. Nasal saline rinses
6. Environmental control measures (HEPA filters, dehumidifiers)
7. Supplementation such as quercetin

You can research these yourself, they're not worth going into as my suggested approach above should work for most.

If you think any of these could be affecting you go get a skin prick or a blood allergy test. This won’t confirm with 100% certainty but it’s close enough. The reason I suggest doing this immediately is you need to halt most medications for the test which is annoying.

Hope this was informative and helped someone,
we need an allergy discord for the atopic triad