Rate my drawing skills

D

Deleted member 611

Kraken
I just drew some hands what do you think of them?

1207180754b

1207180754a

Sorry the images are dark. :feelsrope:Try turning up brightness to see them.

• +1
Reactions: Insomniac
Nothing special imo

Mogs me

Good drawings bro. Keep at it.

I like them. Keep practicing boyo
The trick is to draw geometric shapes first then make them into a hand or whatever body part you want to draw. That's the easiest technique for anatomy. I drew cylinders first then connected them and added some details.
Mogs me

Good drawings bro. Keep at it.
Thank you I will keep at it

• +1
Reactions: Insomniac
The trick is to draw geometric shapes first then make them into a hand or whatever body part you want to draw. That's the easiest technique for anatomy. I drew cylinders first then connected them and added some details.
That's really cool. Great idea honestly I never thought of that

That's really cool. Great idea honestly I never thought of that
I learned it from my art teacher in hs. Was the only class I could tolerate

I learned it from my art teacher in hs. Was the only class I could tolerate
I hate school bro I was bored 24/7 in HS except in calculus

I hate school bro I was bored 24/7 in HS except in calculus
I was bored all the time but I did relatively well in my classes. I would usually get As and sometimes Bs. I never studied for anything and rarely did homework because I couldn't be bothered.

I was bored all the time but I did relatively well in my classes. I would usually get As and sometimes Bs. I never studied for anything and rarely did homework because I couldn't be bothered.
I did all my shit but man did I hate studying by my senior year in fact, I still do

I did all my shit but man did I hate studying by my senior year in fact, I still do
I hated doing any work related to school. I remember I would show the algebra teacher the same piece of paper everyday because she just glanced over at everyone's paper and gave everyone full credit if she saw something. Still got 100s on the tests in that class so I didn't really need to do the homework anyway.

• +1
Reactions: Nibba
Keep drawing. Also, don’t draw only one character/object on an A4 paper. Draw as many things as you can on the same page

I hated doing any work related to school. I remember I would show the algebra teacher the same piece of paper everyday because she just glanced over at everyone's paper and gave everyone full credit if she saw something. Still got 100s on the tests in that class so I didn't really need to do the homework anyway.
Lmfao that's smart af

Lmfao that's smart af
I could only do it with that teacher though. The other ones did a better job at checking the homework. It was smart while it lasted.

Not bad not stellar. Much better than my drawing skills though, keep practicing.

I could only do it with that teacher though. The other ones did a better job at checking the homework. It was smart while it lasted.
Yeah I like shortcuts like that tbh

Keep at it. Hands are one of the hardest things to draw. The slightest thing wrong with proportion and angle and they look wrong. If you're young, that's a pretty good effort. If you wish to pursue drawing then this is probably the best book on the subject IMO

https://www.amazon.com/Drawing-Right-Side-Brain-Definitive/dp/1585429201

You know you're enthusiastic about drawing when you start carrying a drawing pad everywhere with you. One of the best ways to develop a technique and a style is to draw people around you as quickly as you can. Like people on subway platforms, buses, waiting in line at the deli etc. Really teaches you how to observe line and form and make proportional judgements quickly when the subject won't keep still.

Keep at it. Hands are one of the hardest things to draw. The slightest thing wrong with proportion and angle and they look wrong. If you're young, that's a pretty good effort. If you wish to pursue drawing then this is probably the best book on the subject IMO

https://www.amazon.com/Drawing-Right-Side-Brain-Definitive/dp/1585429201

You know you're enthusiastic about drawing when you start carrying a drawing pad everywhere with you. One of the best ways to develop a technique and a style is to draw people around you as quickly as you can. Like people on subway platforms, buses, waiting in line at the deli etc. Really teaches you how to observe line and form and make proportional judgements quickly when the subject won't keep still.
Any sort of anatomy is tricky to get right imo it takes practice and a solid technique. What you suggest about carrying a drawing pad and drawing people quickly seems like a good way to practice. It will be challenging at first I'm sure.

Any sort of anatomy is tricky to get right imo it takes practice and a solid technique. What you suggest about carrying a drawing pad and drawing people quickly seems like a good way to practice. It will be challenging at first I'm sure.

Eyes are pretty hard as well.

You might enjoy this guy's YouTube channel if you're into drawing. His enthusiasm is infectious.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaapxaQKJFJ6XC56CHgeTzw