Pull:
3 sets of lat pulldowns
3 sets of rowing
3 sets of shrugs
3 sets for upper back
4 sets for biceps

Legs:
I don’t do legs

Is it too much volume? Any help is appreciated. Have made strong gains on this one though

• Hmm...
Reactions: Funnyunenjoyer1
IMG 4792
IMG 4793
IMG 4794

This is my split

I enjoy it and it helps me stay consistent

• +1
Reactions: boss8055 and TechnoBoss
What do you recommend then
I recommend training legs, also Idek what exercises you do because you just wrote “3 sets for upper back” even tho rowing and shrugs both are for your upper back, I would also recommend less sets for each exercise, especially if you only have two training days.

All sets are done to failure so reps are varied

Push:
3 sets of Machine Press
3 sets of Shoulder Press
3 sets of Pecs
4 sets of Lateral Raises
4 sets of tricep extensions

Pull:
3 sets of lat pulldowns
3 sets of rowing
3 sets of shrugs
3 sets for upper back
4 sets for biceps

Legs:
I don’t do legs

Is it too much volume? Any help is appreciated. Have made strong gains on this one though
Idk why niggas do 3 sets of different exercises that target the same muscle group.

just do high sets of your favorite machine/dumbell/barbell and stick with it

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: boss8055 and ey88
So targeting every muscle group the optimal sets per week is bad? lol at you.
youre doing too much volume if youre actually going to muscular failure at every single set

the choices of exercises are subpar and some of them even literally train the same exact muscle, as an example;
3 sets of Machine Press
3 sets of Shoulder Press

too many muscles to recover and train in just 1 day

my split that ive found to be the best in terms of recovery and hypertrophy is the following:

chest bicep
back tricep
rest
shoulders forearms
bicep tricep neck
rest

i took legs out because i have good leg genetics and my legs are bigger than all my other muscle parts, so im not gonna train them for a few months

Last edited:
youre doing too much volume if youre actually going to muscular failure at every single set

the choices of exercises are subpar and some of them even literally train the same exact muscle, as an example;

too many muscles to recover and train in just 1 day

my split that ive found to be the best in terms of recovery and hypertrophy is the following:

chest bicep
back tricep
rest
shoulders forearms
bicep tricep neck
rest

i took legs out because i have good leg genetics and my legs are bigger than all my other muscle parts, so im not gonna train them for a few months
There’s a difference between volume and muscular failure. I do around 12-14 sets a week for chest and that is well in the optimal range for recovery. I don’t do partial reps just quit when I can’t move the weight anymore. I’m not training for endurance

• JFL
Reactions: plaguehopecel
There’s a difference between volume and muscular failure. I do around 12-14 sets a week for chest and that is well in the optimal range for recovery. I don’t do partial reps just quit when I can’t move the weight anymore. I’m not training for endurance
14 sets a week for chest? :feelskek:

Last edited:
14 sets a week for chest? :feelskek:
You're overthinking it.

The general rule is 10-20 sets per push, pull, and legs. You also forget that most compounds hit a large amount of muscles. For example, if you hit 3 sets of handstand push-ups, weighted pushups, weighted dips you have 9 sets of push. 2x a week, 18 sets.

If you wanna get into the nitty gritty yeah some stuff counts as half a set, for example above would be 18 sets of anterior delts, and maybe 15ish sets of chest(HSPU would be like 0.5set for chest per set), and about 9-12 sets of triceps. However it's not worth thinking this far in.

Only thing I would reccomend adding is 6-10 sets of isolation for WEAK POINTs. For example, if you've got smaller biceps, 3x curls, 2x a week to start.

You're overthinking it.

The general rule is 10-20 sets per push, pull, and legs. You also forget that most compounds hit a large amount of muscles. For example, if you hit 3 sets of handstand push-ups, weighted pushups, weighted dips you have 9 sets of push. 2x a week, 18 sets.

If you wanna get into the nitty gritty yeah some stuff counts as half a set, for example above would be 18 sets of anterior delts, and maybe 15ish sets of chest(HSPU would be like 0.5set for chest per set), and about 9-12 sets of triceps. However it's not worth thinking this far in.

Only thing I would reccomend adding is 6-10 sets of isolation for WEAK POINTs. For example, if you've got smaller biceps, 3x curls, 2x a week to start.
i do 2x failure on every set, in total for chest only maybe 6 sets per week? 4 for biceps, 4 for triceps, 6 for back, 6 for shoulders, 4 for forearms, 4 for neck, 4 for quads, 4 for hamstrings

sometimes i like to take sets beyond failure with the help of someone in the gym, so maybe ill push out 14-16 reps instead of the usual 8-10