RATE MY SKIN CARE ROUTINE

D

Deleted member 3580

Iron
Preface
Hello fellow Looksmaxers,
Over the past coupe of months, thanks to quarantine I'd plenty of time to do research and as a matter of fact i dove deep into every corner of Looksmax and related forums to acquire as much useful information as possible, expand my awareness and ultimately put everything together to use towards achieving my personal goals.
I would like to invite you all to analyse, critic & suggest improvements/changes to the following overkill skin care routine I tailored.
This skin care routine is geared towards skin lightening, acne prevention/treatment, acne scar reduction,anti aging & glass skin look.
Special thanks to @benignice and Astro Sky!

Morning
Kojic Acid Soap x3/week (Cleanse)
Witch Hazel (Tone)
Vitamin C Serum with (Glutathione,Niacinamide,Hyaluronic Acid)
Cera Ve Moisturiser
Squalane Oil
Mineral Based Sunscreen
Castor Oil (Eyebrows,Eyelashes)
Clarified Butter (Lips)

Night 🌙
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser (Cleanse)
Witch Hazel (Tone)
Tretinoine (Apply and wait 10 minutes)
Niacinamide Serum
Cera Ve Moisturiser
Squalane Oil
Infadolan
Clarified Butter (Lips)

Skin Care Supplement Stack💊
Morning: Vitamin D3/K2 Spray (8000IU,45mcg)+NAC (600mg)+Vitamin C pill (500mg)
Afternoon: Beta Carotene (25000IU)
Night: Zinc/Magnesium/B6 (30mg,450mg,10.5mg)+NAC (600mg)+Vitamin C pill (500 mg)+MSM (1000mg)

Others
Microneedle once a fortnight (2 weeks) with hyaluronic acid serum pre-needling and copper peptide serum post-needling session. Isopropyl Alcohol 70% to sterilise face and numbing cream.
AHA 10% BHA 2% hydro peel lotion (chemical exfoliant) once a week
Rub lemon on lips once a week
Inknut apply undereye once a week for 15-20 minutes
Shave facial hair once a week
Sleep 8-10 hours a day + 20 minute intraday nap
Use Microfiber towel for face

Personal Concerns
Highly stressful to follow
Concerned about liver/kidney/natural productions (please answer this doubt i have)
Money & Time intensive in nature
Constant inventory tracking needed

Please suggest improvements/modifications/opinions and clear my doubts mentioned above.
P.S- I've ordered everything and will start the routine once everything arrives and I'm in the zone mentally haha
Thank you so much! Cheers! :D

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy, Deleted member 4464, Lev Peshkov and 3 others
How does your skin look now? after allt this

• +1
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy, ezio6, Lev Peshkov and 1 other person
How much does this cost you?

• +1
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy, Lev Peshkov, Deleted member 5912 and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy, Lev Peshkov and Deleted member 5818
How does your skin look now? after allt this
I only recently got done researching,putting together and ordering everything. Yet to begin. Need to be double sure before I get started. I maybe going overboard which is why...

• +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov
Add dermarolling and i wouldnt use niancinamde w tret in the evening but idk. i currently use vit c and niacinamide in the morning. Also you dont need Castor oil on top

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3580
Add dermarolling and i wouldnt use niancinamde w tret in the evening but idk. i currently use vit c and niacinamide in the morning. Also you dont need Castor oil on top
Microneedling is a part of the plan :D Check the "Others" section. Is there any reason for not using niacinamide with tretinoine? I may have to cancel my niacinamide order if that's the case lol
The Castor Oil is for the eyebrows and lashes

Just spend shitton of dollars on this bs while chad only uses water

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: goat2x, JawGuyFatFaceGuy, MewingJBP and 5 others
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy, Good_Little_Goy, Deleted member 6997 and 1 other person
Microneedling is a part of the plan :D Check the "Others" section. Is there any reason for not using niacinamide with tretinoine? I may have to cancel my niacinamide order if that's the case lol
The Castor Oil is for the eyebrows and lashes
No dont cancel just use in the morning. Its just I wouldnt use anything on top of tretinoin but thats Just my Personal opinion and I read that somewhere

• +1
quadruple the beta carotene dose

Besides moisturizer of course, def use that on top of tret

No dont cancel just use in the morning. Its just I wouldnt use anything on top of tretinoin but thats Just my Personal opinion and I read that somewhere
The niacinamide comes mixed in as part of the list of ingredients of the Vitamin C serum I use
71yUMrekk1L SX679

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
  • JFL
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser (Cleanse)
Witch Hazel (Tone)
Tretinoine (Apply and wait 10 minutes)
Niacinamide Serum
Squalane Oil
Cera Ve Moisturiser
Infadolan
Clarified Butter (Lips)
Swap cetaphil out for cerave hydrating cleanser,
and put on the squalene oil after the moisturiser for night and morning

whats with the Infadolan?

I'm a curry JFL :lul: Read in one of the threads that curries should stay away from Beta Carotene all together
make yourself orange for me

• Love it

Aye aye captain,the changes have been made
Any particular reason why? I'm ordering Cera Ve hydrating cleanser right away! :D

• +1
@mods ban this foid

• JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 5912, Good_Little_Goy and Deleted member 3580

I believe because it's an occlusive. Astro Sky has it as a part of his skin care routine if I ain't mistaken
I don't want to be using vaseline because i heard petroleum jelly isn't good for the skin
If squalane oil does the job of being a good occlusive,maybe i can completely knock infadolan out of the routine

• +1
Vitamin C Serum with (Glutathione,Niacinamide,Hyaluronic Acid)
Cera Ve Moisturiser
Squalane Oil
Mineral Based Sunscreen
That's alot of stuff to put on your face at once
my personal experience with vit c serums is that it made my face look too greasy even before a sunscreen, let alone a mineral one
if it works for you then go for it I guess, but If you find your face looks too greasy, leave out the vit c serum or replace it with niacinamide, and get a lightweight chemical sunscreen, pm me for products recommendations if you need

Aye aye captain,the changes have been made
Any particular reason why? I'm ordering Cera Ve hydrating cleanser right away! :D
It's the best cleanser I have used, you'll need as much hydration as possible while you're on tretinoin and this cleanser is really good for hydration and does not impair your moisture barrier whatsoever

I've heard very bad things about Cetaphil cleansers too

where are you based? I have very cheap source for Cerave and skincare stuff in general

• Love it
my personal experience with vit c serums is that it made my face look too greasy even before a sunscreen, let alone a mineral one
if it works for you then go for it I guess, but If you find your face looks too greasy, leave out the vit c serum or replace it with niacinamide, and get a lightweight chemical sunscreen, pm me for products recommendations if you need

It's the best cleanser I have used, you'll need as much hydration as possible while you're on tretinoin and this cleanser is really good for hydration and does not impair your moisture barrier whatsoever

where are you based? I have very cheap source for Cerave and skincare stuff in general
I already have an "ayurvedic" sunscreen and yes if my skin gets too greasy I'll get rid of the vitamin c serum and opt for niacinamide :D Thanks! Feel free to tell the name of the sunscreen and I'll look into it :)

• +1
btw when you say "Vitamin C Serum with (Glutathione,Niacinamide,Hyaluronic Acid)"
do you mean that Niacinamide is in the vit c serum?
highly unusual tbh there are studies suggesting that they deactivate each other, apparently they're outdated but I wouldn't take the chance tbh

• +1

India.
I paid nearly 50$ for a Cera Ve Moisturiser 12 OZ. Never again :lul:
From now onwards, I'll have a US friend ship stuff directly to me haha

• Woah
btw when you say "Vitamin C Serum with (Glutathione,Niacinamide,Hyaluronic Acid)"
do you mean that Niacinamide is in the vit c serum?
highly unusual tbh there are studies suggesting that they deactivate each other, apparently they're outdated but I wouldn't take the chance tbh
Yes. I read the studies too but I just went ahead and bit the bullet. I'm getting my Vitamin C from the pills and niacinmide separately in case the vit c combo serum fails JFL

• +1
Not so unusual any more since that myth has been debunked.
They are outdated. And they weren't carried out in the way that products are actually used.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3580 and Good_Little_Goy
Is vit c and niacinamide legit for collagen

• +1
Reactions: JustAFewMM and Deleted member 3580
what an utter subhuman cope, no skincare routine for your aging face bone loss. Too expensive and convoluted most of them prob don't do shit you're like a bodybuilder who buys every useless supplement under the sun. Sure you will have good skin thanks to retin a vit c but you'll still look old due to bone and facial fat loss.

The niacinamide comes mixed in as part of the list of ingredients of the Vitamin C serum I use
View attachment 590005
don't listen to this guy jfl
you can use niacinamide 20-30mins after tretinoin it's fine, there's a ph overlap and they have been shown to work synergistically against acne
but you definitely should not use tretinoin and vit c together

Not so unusual any more since that myth has been debunked.
They are outdated. And they weren't carried out in the way that products are actually used.
thanks chad, glad to see your back btw, followed your guide and it helped me out a lot, I'm very grateful.

India.
I paid nearly 50$ for a Cera Ve Moisturiser 12 OZ. Never again :lul:
From now onwards, I'll have a US friend ship stuff directly to me haha
don't have any companies that ship to there I don't think sorry lol

• JFL
what an utter subhuman cope, no skincare routine for your aging face bone loss. Too expensive and convoluted most of them prob don't do shit you're like a bodybuilder who buys every useless supplement under the sun. Sure you will have good skin thanks to retin a vit c but you'll still look old due to bone and facial fat loss.

Have plans on undergoing MSE+Facepulling
In talks with my orthodontist at the moment

• +1
but you definitely should not use tretinoin and vit c together
You can use them one in the morning and the other in the evening if your skin can take it. It does increase the risk of irritation though so if you want to do it, go slowly.

thanks chad, glad to see your back btw, followed your guide and it helped me out a lot, I'm very grateful.
Glad I could help.

• +1
I believe because it's an occlusive. Astro Sky has it as a part of his skin care routine if I ain't mistaken
I don't want to be using vaseline because i heard petroleum jelly isn't good for the skin
If squalane oil does the job of being a good occlusive,maybe i can completely knock infadolan out of the routine
squalene oil will do fine, I wouldn't add another retinoid after the moisturiser and squalene oil especially just to act as an occlusive.
I haven't heard of that being done before and it might interact with the other products

not sure about vaseline, you might be right, squalene oil works well for me though, you're not meant to apply anything to your skin after the oil so I would skip that part.

• Woah
You can use them one in the morning and the other in the evening if your skin can take it. It does increase the risk of irritation though so if you want to do it, go slowly.
Yeah I should have clarified that I meant at the same time

for me it was far too irritating and made my skin look greasy so I'm leaving it out for the moment
I'll probably start taking vit c orally soon anyway.

Der
dermarolling create scarring go dermastamp

squalene oil will do fine, I wouldn't add another retinoid after the moisturiser and squalene oil especially just to act as an occlusive.
I haven't heard of that being done before and it might interact with the other products

not sure about vaseline, you might be right, squalene oil works well for me though, you're not meant to apply anything to your skin after the oil so I would skip that part.
Is Infadolan a retinoid? I don't think so

• +1

Ordered the Cera Ve Hydrating Cleanser ✅
Screen Shot 2020 08 15 at 63302 PM

• Love it
Is Infadolan a retinoid? I don't think so
well it's 0.1% Retinyl acetate no?
maybe not technically a retinoid but it's a form of vitamin A

@benignice what do you think about him using Infadolan as an occlusive after squalene oil?

• +1
well it's 0.1% Retinyl acetate no?
maybe not technically a retinoid but it's a form of vitamin A

@benignice what do you think about him using Infadolan as an occlusive after squalene oil?
It is a retinoid.
This is something I've changed my mind on actually, the amount of vitamin A in there is relatively inconsequential so you'd almost certainly be fine with it in terms of irritation.
That being said, unless you are incredibly dry and dehydrated, its probably unnecessary since squalane will act as a slight occlusive too. Why use it if its not going to do much?

• +1