Rate my surgeon's plan for my jaw ascension

blacksheep

blacksheep

Iron
Hey, I had a first consultation with a plastic surgeon for jaw surgery. I visited the surgeon my orthodontist recommended, which is one in a public hospital (Western Europe). His plan is for me to get a BSSO to fix my class II malocclusion of around 6mm. I've worn braces and retainers age 10-15 to correct both my overbite and the position of my teeth. I'm 19 now, and have been wearing fixed metal wire retainers on the inside of my teeth since the removal of my braces thus my teeth haven't moved, only my jaw shifted back to it's original position. Since my overbite is quite small, he advised me an "early surgery" which would mean my surgery would take place after 2-6 months of braces and then another 2-6 months of braces post-surgery.

I'd have to go to the clinic 3 weeks before the surgery to get some scans and virtual planning done, where they would also make a custom splint that will be used during surgery to get my jaw in the exact spot determined during the virtual planning. My jaw will be secured with 3 screws on each side (saw some controversy surrounding that on the forum, so please enlighten me). I was quite suprised he didn't request a bimax or genioplasty.

Is this a solid plan or is there anything I should be keeping in mind?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Funnyunenjoyer1 and <6PSLcel
gl bhai, hopefully everything goes well.

• +1
Reactions: MA_ascender and blacksheep
Tell him do to the surgery italian style

good shit, can we get before pics and an update post

• +1
Reactions: opeggard and blacksheep