ratings truly are cope

LordNorwood

LordNorwood

This Too Shall Pass
Missed the "delusional users" thread in the ratings section while I was away lol, tbh skimming through that and a few other ratings threads have pretty much convinced me that ratings truly are cope. They swing wildly from user to user and are usually cued by status wars on this website (JFL) and various other social dynamics. Whoever posted the "whites overrate whites, curries overrate curries and vice versa" comment yeah, pretty much
@Deliciadecu I also think you're right, we don't have a good enough sense of attraction to give an accurate rate as a community, the best barometer is simply the female attention you receive in your actual life (within reason)
side note why would it even matter if someone was delusional about their PSL? Right, because we use it as a status indicator on the site and that's really what ratings here more or less revolve around.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1100, Deleted member 3902, Deleted member 1140 and 1 other person
psl= destroyed

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: LordNorwood and Deleted member 2756
psl= destroyed
Tbh I don't think PSL or a rating system is the problem, the lack of firm enough guidelines and understanding is. PSL is a good idea it just has yet to be executed really well. Most useful part of the community rn imo is failo/halo analysis.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1100 and Deleted member 2846
You can have high amounts of sex appeal to women and still get rated a 4 PSL here. As I’ve been saying, almost no one here can rate for shit. Only a few people here are good at rating

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
You can have high amounts of sex appeal to women and still get rated a 4 PSL here. As I’ve been saying, almost no one here can rate for shit. Only a few people here are good at rating
Tbh I think that we're still missing major pieces of understanding of what drives attraction. We're rating based on what we as men find attractive, which can only work up to a certain point, plus we're also biased due to our inherent and unconscious social maneuvering.

• +1
Reactions: Blackout.xl and Deleted member 1140
i 100% agree. ratings online are fucking pointless and the more likeable u are, the higher u will get rated. i remember getting rated 5.5/10 by some fat subhuman on /soc/ while i get tons of compliments and a good amount of girl approaches irl and get rated psl 6 on here.

i remember feeling down because of that lmao eventho it was years ago.

• +1
Tbh I think that we're still missing major pieces of understanding of what drives attraction. We're rating based on what we as men find attractive, which can only work up to a certain point, plus we're also biased due to our inherent and unconscious social maneuvering.
-what her father is like
-how she was treated by her father/brother
-what pheno/race of boys was she around when she was younger
-the location
-culture of girl

• JFL
-what her father is like
-how she was treated by her father/brother
-what pheno/race of boys was she around when she was younger
-the location
-culture of girl
Reads like a parody but I'm unironically sure all this shit plays in to some degree.
i 100% agree. ratings online are fucking pointless and the more likeable u are, the higher u will get rated. i remember getting rated 5.5/10 by some fat subhuman on /soc/ while i get tons of compliments and a good amount of girl approaches irl and get rated psl 6 on here.

i remember feeling down because of that lmao eventho it was years ago.
If I sent my pic to the users who liked me the most and the users who liked me the least I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a 4-5 point swing. I've seen people take tiny flaws and blow them up to justify their biases or the reverse.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1140
If ratings are based on female attraction IRL then I'm around 2 psl even with a hat and beanie.

Last edited:
  • So Sad