(RAY PEAT BRAHS GTFIH) should I start drinking coffee with added sugar?

hopecel

hopecel

✊♀️ ADONISSS ♀️✊
I've believed my whole life that coffee and white sugar are bad for you because they damage your sleep schedule (coffee) and lower T & damage teeth (sugar)...

last few years I drink almost a gallon of water a day and in comparison to the normies who instead of that drink 3 cups of sugared coffee a day, I have significantly worse skin (blackheads, pimples etc) than them...

YES, almost all meat I eat daily is cooked on PUFA-based oils but isn't that what almost all people irl do too? it's pretty much common to be intoxicated with PUFAs these days but some of us have clear skin for some reason (no, normies don't use skincare that often)

this guy from insta I found yesterday actually intrigued me with his posts so I'm now in doubt what is actually healthy for me... he claims that sugars are fuel for your brain and that coffee promotes usage of that fuel... coffee without sugar is supposedly bad for you and all of those junk food sweets are bad NOT BECAUSE OF SUGARS but other harmful ingredients
more refined sugar enhances healing and reduces inflammation, at least that's what this guy says. is that right?

I'm on carnivore rn but I very often eat sweets (ice cream etc) and sometimes a bit of fruits... I rarely eat bread and I avoid rice and vegetables almost all the time

will added sugar lower my T levels?

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: pig_face
@DR. NICKGA @lestoa @maxxmclooks @IAMNOTANINCEL

if you want to eat a lot of sugar you will need to increase the amount of food you eat

if they're devoid of nutrition, sugar will be a net negative
also you need to experiment with coffee. some people don't metabolise it that well and will affect them all day, ruining your sleep quality

if you metabolise it really fast then it's good

• +1
Reactions: hopecel
@You

• +1
expect to get fat if u start eating tons of sugar, but yea if only coffee then u can add it and take thiamine as it increases glucose oxidation and sugar depletes thiamine

• +1
Reactions: AlexBrown84 and hopecel
if you want to eat a lot of sugar you will need to increase the amount of food you eat

if they're devoid of nutrition, sugar will be a net negative
also you need to experiment with coffee. some people don't metabolise it that well and will affect them all day, ruining your sleep quality

if you metabolise it really fast then it's good
expect to get fat if u start eating tons of sugar, but yea if only coffee then u can add it and take thiamine as it increases glucose oxidation and sugar depletes thiamine
is if worse for your T levels to eat ice cream or to add white sugar in foods and coffee?

I've avoided white sugar my whole life but I usually eat tons of processed sweets tbh

• JFL
Reactions: romanstock
is if worse for your T levels to eat ice cream or to add white sugar in foods and coffee?

I've avoided white sugar my whole life but I usually eat tons of processed sweets tbh
"i've avoided white sugar my whole life but i usually eat tons of white sugar tbh"

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Aero, AlexBrown84, romanstock and 2 others

both are the same although store bought ice cream may have carageenan / gums which can lower T.

• +1

you avoid sugar but eat processed sweets? jfl. put the teaspoon of sugar in your coffee, it's really not going to matter either way.

• +1
"i've avoided white sugar my whole life but i usually eat tons of white sugar tbh"
it's not the same tho

it's not the same if you drink sugared coffee or if you drink coffee with chocolate / ice cream which contains other ingredients... but I'm not sure which is worse, probably the latter
both are the same although store bought ice cream may have carageenan / gums which can lower T.
makes sense
sugar increases T levels because its the basic fuel for your body

does it applies to any type of sugar? which is better for T: glucose or fructose?

I've also noticed that fructose is harder to digest tbh might be because of fiber

does it applies to any type of sugar? which is better for T: glucose or fructose?
probably fructose as glucose causes a larger insulin spike and while this can increase IGF 1, in long term it probably leads to some amount of inculin receptor desensitisation, white sugar is just half glucose and fructose and i dont see much harm in taking it as needed as long as you do not consume excess PUFA which imo is real cause of diabetes
I've also noticed that fructose is harder to digest tbh might be because of fiber
depends on the fruit, orange juice for eg is extremely easy to digest and ull often notice instant energy boost

• +1

• Ugh..
Do yaaaaaaaaaa got acne?
not acne but subhuman pores and blackheads (not much better than acnes irl)
probably fructose as glucose causes a larger insulin spike and while this can increase IGF 1, in long term it probably leads to some amount of inculin receptor desensitisation, white sugar is just half glucose and fructose and i dont see much harm in taking it as needed as long as you do not consume excess PUFA which imo is real cause of diabetes

depends on the fruit, orange juice for eg is extremely easy to digest and ull often notice instant energy boost
well yeah juices are easier to digest but whole fruits could be problem especially if you eat tons of them like a bear (me)

on the other hand whenever I eat like 500g of ice cream or swiss roll I have no digestive issues except some farting bro

what I also assumed without any research is that glucose is worse for your teeth than fructose... no clue if that's true

well yeah juices are easier to digest but whole fruits could be problem especially if you eat tons of them like a bear (me)

on the other hand whenever I eat like 500g of ice cream or swiss roll I have no digestive issues except some farting bro

what I also assumed without any research is that glucose is worse for your teeth than fructose... no clue if that's true
what fruits do you generally eat?

Yea ice cream is easily digested, and is very efficient at shutting down stress hormones

i dont think either is bad for teeth, high parathyroid hormone is usually what erodes teeth, brits prolly have bad teeth cos no sunlight which means high PTH as vit D along w calcium shuts down PTH, and PTH leads to bone leeching, eating too much grains / meat may also cause it cos high phosphate in that stuff , and stress hormones as well since cortisol breaks down bone

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • Ugh..
Reactions: hopecel and raleqtambrobret
what fruits do you generally eat?
dates bananas oranges apples
i dont think either is bad for teeth, high parathyroid hormone is usually what erodes teeth, brits prolly have bad teeth cos no sunlight which means high PTH as vit D along w calcium shuts down PTH, and PTH leads to bone leeching, eating too much grains / meat may also cause it cos high phosphate in that stuff , and stress hormones as well since cortisol breaks down bone
hygiene obv plays a huge role in teeth health however you have tribal people whose oral hygiene is inexistent and they usually have perfect teeth while I had horrible cavity before puberty while taking some (not ideal) oral hygiene

I guess it's all because I ate tons of sweets as a kidcel tbh if I ate only meat and dairy it prolly wouldn't be the case

@DR. NICKGA @lestoa @maxxmclooks @IAMNOTANINCEL
i recommend following a diverse diet, eat everything but try to minimize processed foods

• +1
i recommend following a diverse diet, eat everything but try to minimize processed foods
what's your opinion on coffee and white sugar? is it better to drink coffee and eat some fruits rich in sugars rather than sugaring coffee?

what's your opinion on coffee and white sugar? is it better to drink coffee and eat some fruits rich in sugars rather than sugaring coffee?
fruits, 100%

• +1
Reminder Ray peat is a currently dead

• JFL
Use stevia nigga

• +1