Reading physical books is overrated nowadays.

D

Deleted member 11126

Kraken
Title is click bait because there are still many good books to be read but they are not what they once were.

Why books became known as the best way to learn:
Books are valuable because for all of human history they were the only way to record thoughts and observations of people and store it in a physical entity. Besides that word of mouth was the only way to pass on information. If you wanted to learn about Germany 800 years ago while living in Britain the only way you could do it besides finding a person who had been there or traveling yourself was to find a book about it. If no one in your town knew something books were the "only" way to find information on that subject. Storing text in paper and stone tablets is not superior because humans learn in that way it was simply the only possible way to store information for centuries besides word of mouth. Meaning this was often times the only meaningful information that would be saved as time went on.

This does not apply anymore:
I still recommend the classics because they were written in a time where only smart people could read so they are some of the cleverest writings in all of history. Reading is also useful with certain textbooks because they can allow an autist niche creator to publish work that may not be better in other places. But for the most part new books and works are inferior. You pretty much are not going to find many decent new books in the last 50 years. The medium is not inherently better then any other forms.

Best ways to learn:
Using forums like reddit or niche places is ideal as speaking with a real person is better then a static writting. Also I recommend youtube because its interactive enough to keep your attention. And for official sciences pirate lib gen textbooks and ask Chatgpt to summarize chapters if you don't understand it.

Tldr:
Books in the past were the only way to store information long term. Now there are millions of ways information can be stored and received

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22354 and Deleted member 24614
Best ways to learn:
Using forums like reddit
200 2

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 26116, Rt-Rust1, Danish_Retard and 12 others
Title is click bait because there are still many good books to be read but they are not what they once were.

Books are valuable because for all of human history they were the only way to record thoughts and observations of people and store it in a physical entity. Besides that word of mouth was the only way to pass on information. If you wanted to learn about Germany 800 years ago while living in Britain the only way you could do it besides finding a person who had been there or traveling yourself was to find a book about it. If no one in your town knew something books were the "only" way to find information on that subject. Storing text in paper and stone tablets is not superior because humans learn in that way it was simply the only possible way to store information for centuries besides word of mouth. Meaning this was often times the only meaningful information that would be saved as time went on.

I still recommend the classics because they were written in a time where only smart people could read so they are some of the cleverest writings in all of history. Reading is also useful with certain textbooks because they can allow an autist niche creator to publish work that may not be better in other places. But for the most part new books and works are inferior. You pretty much are not going to find many decent new books in the last 50 years. The medium is not inherently better then any other forms.

Best ways to learn:
Using forums like reddit or niche places is ideal as speaking with a real person is better then a static writting. Also I recommend youtube because its interactive enough to keep your attention. And for official sciences pirate lib gen textbooks and ask Chatgpt to summarize chapters if you don't understand it.

Tldr:
Books in the past were the only way to store information long term. Now there are millions of ways information can be stored and received
I only read paper books if a digital alternative is not available because I hate paper, but yes: books are on the same level of videos and the cattle that doesn't like reading should be miserable for throwing valuable knowledge out the window.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
I only read paper books if a digital alternative is not available because I hate paper, but yes: books are on the same level of videos and the cattle that doesn't like reading should be miserable for throwing valuable knowledge out the window.
Reading is still useful because a lot of esoteric content was created purely in book format. Also there has been 5,000 years of books and the internet and greater video/audio content have been around for less then a century.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22354 and Brazitard

Best ways to learn:

Tldr:
Reddit is good for finding info, so are Archive.4plebs.org and Archiveofsins.com... I use "site:example.com" tool a lot to search inside a site using Google's Engine (great for sites with shitty engines like BitChute).

• +1
Reactions: Amnesia, Deleted member 22841 and Deleted member 11126
Reddit is good for finding info, so are Archive.4plebs.org and Archiveofsins.com... I use "site:example.com" tool a lot to search inside a site using Google's Engine (great for sites with shitty engines like BitChute).
4chan unironically has good info in archives.

• +1
Reactions: gribsufer1 and Brazitard
Reading is still useful because a lot of esoteric content was created purely in book format. Also there has been 5,000 years of books and the internet and greater video/audio content have been around for less then a century.
Yeah, I like esoteric and mystic/occult content, found a 480GB torrent full of Occult material on ArchiveOfSins, only didn't read it yet because I didn't decide if I should do it as a Christian... But has everything from African Religions to Thelema, Kabbalah, Sufism, Asian Religions etc.

• +1
Reactions: HOLYFUARK and Deleted member 11126
4chan unironically has good info in archives.
4chan is much more free and genuine than Reddit, people on Reddit write a lot of woke shit just to receive upvotes...

• +1
Reactions: gribsufer1 and Deleted member 11126
4chan is much more free and genuine than Reddit, people on Reddit write a lot of woke shit just to receive upvotes...
4chan is shittier on average imo... Its worse now too. But its more interesting every now and then I see something crazy. Reddit is all mediocre stuff unless if you go to niche places for a specific goal.

4chan is more fun because there's a randomness too it.

• +1
Reactions: gribsufer1
Zoomers are the most retarded generation on record.

Don't know how to use computers
Can't read
No aspirations to be anything but famous on social media or rot while consuming product and watching tiktok's

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5467, PubertyMaxxer, Deleted member 22126 and 1 other person
Zoomers are the most retarded generation on record.

Don't know how to use computers
Can't read
No aspirations to be anything but famous on social media or rot while consuming product and watching tiktok's
idk I have met some smart zoomers. I think the gap is more extreme then ever though. People are either dumber then ever or they are smarter and hyper competitive.

Kids in STEM at good unis are extremely hyper competitive

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer

Best ways to learn:

Tldr:
Although I do agree with most of the stuff you said, As an ADHDcel, books are legit the only way I can focus on something as if I even go near a PC I get distracted and watch shit that aren't nearly related to the subject :cry:. But yeah for rest of the population, internet really is the most efficient when it comes to learning.
Also I like avatar OP :owo:.

• +1
Although I do agree with most of the stuff you said, As an ADHDcel, books are legit the only way I can focus on something as if I even go near a PC I get distracted and watch shit that aren't nearly related to the subject :cry:. But yeah for rest of the population, internet really is the most efficient when it comes to learning.
Also I like avatar OP :owo:.
Odd I have adhd always disliked books. Youtube is more engaging also I sometimes use text to speech when I am too tired to read.

But yeah it is tempting to stay on task

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and WanderingBurro
4chan is shittier on average imo... Its worse now too. But its more interesting every now and then I see something crazy. Reddit is all mediocre stuff unless if you go to niche places for a specific goal.

4chan is more fun because there's a randomness too it.
Can u recomend some niche subreddits for cool shit?

• +1
Can u recomend some niche subreddits for cool shit?
Mainly read tech stuff or heath subreddits. A subreddit cured my ED for example.

Mainly read tech stuff or heath subreddits. A subreddit cured my ED for example.
U have to admit that reddit can be good on some of the niche subreddits. The bigger ones have all the reddit cucks and virtue signaling sjws

• +1
4chin is dogshit, there's no valuable knowledge there (JFL if you take /pol/ seriously)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15302
idk I have met some smart zoomers. I think the gap is more extreme then ever though. People are either dumber then ever or they are smarter and hyper competitive.

Kids in STEM at good unis are extremely hyper competitive
The Internet made the gap between high-performers and consuumers extremely high

• +1
U have to admit that reddit can be good on some of the niche subreddits. The bigger ones have all the reddit cucks and virtue signaling sjws
Yeah if you are on reddit for anything beyond niche stuff or genuine technical information then its stupid. Looksmax or 4chan has more interesting takes but reddit also has very specific information. If you want to learn about one thing that is specific its a good resource.

The Internet made the gap between high-performers and consuumers extremely high
The internet disproves the notion of Liberalist equality in my opinion. There has been this prevailing notion for the past century and largely last 5 decades that with education the gap between the poor and the rich can be closed.

The internet to me proves why peasants have existed and always will. Most people regardless of every opportunity will never amount to much. This lie has been believed for too long that the only difference between smart and dumb rich and poor is education/opportunity

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and HOLYFUARK
Yeah, I like esoteric and mystic/occult content, found a 480GB torrent full of Occult material on ArchiveOfSins, only didn't read it yet because I didn't decide if I should do it as a Christian... But has everything from African Religions to Thelema, Kabbalah, Sufism, Asian Religions etc.
I once downloaded something similar from 4chan, there was a part teaching you pyrokinesis and there was a video of a masked guy setting a paper on fire . Later i forgot about it all and i still think magic is all just a scam tbh .

• Woah
Reactions: Brazitard
I once downloaded something similar from 4chan, there was a part teaching you pyrokinesis and there was a video of a masked guy setting a paper on fire . Later i forgot about it all and i still think magic is all just a scam tbh .
Already heard about that paranormal challenge in the past and I don't know: maybe the Kabbalistic Jews got some powers but they won't reveal it to the goyim for only 1kk because they own all the banks anyway...

• +1
Reactions: HOLYFUARK
Already heard about that paranormal challenge in the past and I don't know: maybe the Kabbalistic Jews got some powers but they won't reveal it to the goyim for only 1kk because they own all the banks anyway...
Having me and my family witnessed some paranormal shit i do believe in it but i dont believe we people have any power over it tbh. The jews just really did high iq plays in the past and most importantly they always stick together .

• +1
Reactions: Brazitard
Having me and my family witnessed some paranormal shit i do believe in it but i dont believe we people have any power over it tbh. The jews just really did high iq plays in the past and most importantly they always stick together .
The paranormal exists in the sensing of there being demons and fallen angels, but yeah we can't control it, only God can...

The Jews summon demons and follow the teachings of King Solomon, and sticking together was what saved them from going extinct after being kicked out of 109 countries (and counting).

• +1
Reactions: HOLYFUARK
The internet disproves the notion of Liberalist equality in my opinion. There has been this prevailing notion for the past century and largely last 5 decades that with education the gap between the poor and the rich can be closed.

The internet to me proves why peasants have existed and always will. Most people regardless of every opportunity will never amount to much. This lie has been believed for too long that the only difference between smart and dumb rich and poor is education/opportunity
True. You can literally use the Internet to learn high value STEM knowledge in a fraction of the time needed just 20 years ago. Then use Software and good Setup to work much faster and more effective than your regular boomer.

These children geniuses, now that they have access to unlimited knowledge and the most efficient tools, are now able to put their mind to work even more.

• +1
True. You can literally use the Internet to learn high value STEM knowledge in a fraction of the time needed just 20 years ago. Then use Software and good Setup to work much faster and more effective than your regular boomer.

These children geniuses, now that they have access to unlimited knowledge and the most efficient tools, are now able to put their mind to work even more.
The flip side of this is that your average normie only uses ipads and knows less about tech then Gen X. So its an extreme world where the exceptional are more exceptional and the unwashed masses are even worse with tiktok destroying their brains.

I would say overall more people are worse off today. But the exceptional few who can use tech in a concentrated way are leap years ahead. I am trying to master this myself

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer