Realized my bite is still crap after orthodontics (pics) (what now?)

ifyouwannabemylover

ifyouwannabemylover

Chasing Vanity
Went to the dentist because I suspected I'm grinding teeth at night and she commented on my bite.

aQmew2u.png

Not sure if this is considered an overjet or sort of an open bite, but I don't like it. I was actually wondering about that gap myself when I was done with orthodontic treatment, but didn't think about it further. Getting a night guard for now.

I had a herbst appliance to correct misalignment instead of jaw surgery which was a huge piece of shit pain in the ass to wear and to this day I'm not sure if it even did anything besides mess up my jaw muscle memory, making me grind my teeth at night. If I wasn't clueless back then, I would've pushed for surgery instead because bluepilled physicians will always try to avoid surgery unless you look deformed. Fucking lol @ putting torture devices into people's mouths and leave them with health problems like clenching and lack of airway space instead of just operating on them.

Thinking about getting bimax for a perfect bite. Any advice? @RealSurgerymax @Sergio-OMS

Last edited:
YOU GOT RAPED AND EVEN PAID FOR IT

HERBST HAS RECESSED YOU, YOU'VE BEEN SCAMMED

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 1707 and eyearea
YOU GOT RAPED AND EVEN PAID FOR IT

HERBST HAS RECESSED YOU, YOU'VE BEEN SCAMMED

Maybe. But I still got decent forward growth and lower third anyhow. I'm mainly thinking about health in this case.

Lefort

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6723
Maybe. But I still got decent forward growth and lower third anyhow. I'm mainly thinking about health in this case.
What is the distance from your front incisor and the tip of your nose?

Went to the dentist because I suspected I'm grinding teeth at night and she commented on my bite.

aQmew2u.png

Not sure if this is considered an overjet or sort of an open bite, but I don't like it. I was actually wondering about that gap myself when I was done with orthodontic treatment, but didn't think about it further. Getting a night guard for now.

I had a herbst appliance to correct misalignment instead of jaw surgery which was a huge piece of shit pain in the ass to wear and to this day I'm not sure if it even did anything besides mess up my jaw muscle memory, making me grind my teeth at night. If I wasn't clueless back then, I would've pushed for surgery instead because bluepilled physicians will always try to avoid surgery unless you look deformed. Fucking lol @ putting torture devices into people's mouths and leave them with health problems like clenching and lack of airway space instead of just operating on them.

Thinking about getting bimax for a perfect bite. Any advice? @RealSurgerymax @Sergio-OMS

not enough information, but yes, most likely yours is a surgical case. Well, it’s always been.

not enough information, but yes, most likely yours is a surgical case. Well, it’s always been.

If only I knew that a couple of years ago... would not have let them use that stupid herbst appliance on me.

I know it's probably hard to judge from what I posted, but do you think I'd need any more orthodontic work if I went for bimax? and how do surgeons usually react to 'mild' cases like this? kinda have a feeling I'm going to get denied a bunch of times and told 'your bite is fine' before I find someone willing to do it.

I appreciate you being here.

What is the distance from your front incisor and the tip of your nose?
View attachment 770076

have no measuring tool around right now but it's like 4-5 cm. not sure what you're trying to conclude from that measurement alone.

have no measuring tool around right now but it's like 4-5 cm. not sure what you're trying to conclude from that measurement alone.
Just use a ruler + mirror. Basically anything over 40mm means your maxilla is recessed.

Just use a ruler + mirror. Basically anything over 40mm means your maxilla is recessed.

pretty much exactly 4cm but that measurement could vary depending on your nose shape and stuff. might not be as black and white as you make it out to be.

Last edited:
If only I knew that a couple of years ago... would not have let them use that stupid herbst appliance on me.

I know it's probably hard to judge from what I posted, but do you think I'd need any more orthodontic work if I went for bimax? and how do surgeons usually react to 'mild' cases like this? kinda have a feeling I'm going to get denied a bunch of times and told 'your bite is fine' before I find someone willing to do it.

I appreciate you being here.

I think you need to find out by consulting in person!

aQmew2u.png

Pictures of you ? Including static frontals, side profile and quarter shots?

Pictures of you ? Including static frontals, side profile and quarter shots?

I don't want to post pictures here, but I can say that I'm not crazy recessed or something so in terms of aesthetics most surgeons would probably advice against surgery. I actually had a genio before and the first guy I went to instantly denied me without even really looking at me at all and then the next one agreed right away and told me how much projection he thought I needed. It's mindblowing sometimes.

I probably would try to opt for a little more forward growth in addition to just correcting the bite if I went for jaw surgery, but nothing drastic that would make a huge difference visually.

What would you conclude from those pictures anyway? Appreciate your help.

Edit: Main thing I'm wondering about is whether I'd need additional orthodontics before/after jaw surgery and if surgeons would even be willing to operate on a 'mild' case like mine.

Last edited: