Reason why most curries do uber eats

Jason Voorhees

Jason Voorhees

Gang
Many curry students often take up Uber Eats as a part-time job when studying abroad. This is mainly because it pays by the hour and doesn't require much interaction with others, which can be difficult due to language barriers in countries like Germany, France, or even English-speaking places. It's also less physically demanding than working in warehouses with odd hours, making it a more popular choice. You’ll often see them on the phone, usually speaking to family members back home for support and encouragement.They receive a lot of support from their family while doing their job and completung their studies. Most of them don't have friends or gfs so they talk with their family members to feel less lonely. These part-time jobs help cover their expenses, and after graduation, they aim for white-collar jobs, if they’re fortunate enough to secure one.

• +1
Reactions: zub111, shitskinism, Costcosuperstore and 11 others
@deadstock

• +1
Reactions: Costcosuperstore
Got to hand it to them tbh, I respect the hustle

• +1
Reactions: ihearvoices, Costcosuperstore, TechnoBoss and 1 other person
Curries are good people

• +1
Reactions: username1000, Costcosuperstore, TechnoBoss and 4 others
Watch Take out movie by Sean Baker (y)

• +1
Reactions: Costcosuperstore, TechnoBoss, Jason Voorhees and 1 other person
These part-time jobs help cover their expenses, and after graduation, they aim for white-collar jobs, if they’re fortunate enough to secure one.
Alternatively, there is always a fast food job waiting for you.

• +1
Reactions: Costcosuperstore, GigaStacySexual and Jason Voorhees
Got to hand it to them tbh, I respect the hustle
People in my country tend to look down gig workers like UE and I often see unacceptable insulting comments like "UE drivers are socially inept losers/ uneducated idiots/untrustworthy low class people". Surely there're terrible UE drivers making problems but that doesn't mean all UE drivers deserve such insult.

People have this image of people who want to do this work: unkempt, pot heads who live out of a van and have no ambition to do better. They even judge the people who do this on the side to make ends meet. The assumption is if you were working "up to your potential" you wouldn't have to make ends meet.

• +1
Reactions: Costcosuperstore, LOOKISM-LOGIC, TechnoBoss and 2 others
Very true. Flexibility while in school is everything.

• +1
Reactions: Costcosuperstore, TechnoBoss, Jason Voorhees and 1 other person
Pay is alright too. U make more than minimum wage and can earn more if u do above a certain amount of deliveries per hour plus u get tips too

• +1
Reactions: Costcosuperstore, Jason Voorhees and TechnoBoss
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Costcosuperstore, greycel and Jason Voorhees
immigrant brown students study hard , do different jobs to avoid being a burden on their family
still a fat bitch will call those hardworking students terrorists and not even pay for the services(jobs like delivery man etc) they provide :feelscry:
they end up getting depressed , feeling lonely but they cant even share their emotions with anyone
just sad man

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Costcosuperstore and Jason Voorhees
People in my country tend to look down gig workers like UE and I often see unacceptable insulting comments like "UE drivers are socially inept losers/ uneducated idiots/untrustworthy low class people". Surely there're terrible UE drivers making problems but that doesn't mean all UE drivers deserve such insult.

People have this image of people who want to do this work: unkempt, pot heads who live out of a van and have no ambition to do better. They even judge the people who do this on the side to make ends meet. The assumption is if you were working "up to your potential" you wouldn't have to make ends meet.
Thats maybe part of the reason the term side hustle exists, as a means of clarification.

As long as one vocalises it is a side hustle etc the negative stereotypes attached will be negated

• +1
Reactions: Costcosuperstore and Jason Voorhees
@the BULL

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: deadstock, Costcosuperstore and truthhurts
Many curry students often take up Uber Eats as a part-time job when studying abroad. This is mainly because it pays by the hour and doesn't require much interaction with others, which can be difficult due to language barriers in countries like Germany, France, or even English-speaking places. It's also less physically demanding than working in warehouses with odd hours, making it a more popular choice. You’ll often see them on the phone, usually speaking to family members back home for support and encouragement.They receive a lot of support from their family while doing their job and completung their studies. Most of them don't have friends or gfs so they talk with their family members to feel less lonely. These part-time jobs help cover their expenses, and after graduation, they aim for white-collar jobs, if they’re fortunate enough to secure one.
The ones i deal with arent students. Just regular brokies

Like my black deliveroo driver neighbours

• +1
Reactions: Costcosuperstore, Jason Voorhees and truthhurts
Curries are good people
They are good people but they should wash, during summer they all were jackets while outside is burning and smell like cow poop, there is a reason people hate them

• +1
Reactions: greycel