Recessed mandible and maxilla? What are my options?

C

cookiemonster112

Iron
I'm 18 and never really noticed why my face shape and overall structure seemed off. I have a very low BF% and even though I have quite an athletic build, my face seemed round and eyes sunken. For years I made the dumbest mistake of leaning my head back and assuming i just had a reallly slanted forehead.

After fixing my head posture a few months ago, both my cheekbones and lower jaw (mandible) seemed extremely recessed. My eyes also looked sunken in. What really got me was not only the aesthetics of it, but the fact that my TMJ pain heightened to the point where I could barely extend my jaw and more importantly, my airway narrowing down.

What are my options? I'm pretty sure surgery is a must because headgear won't do jack shit at my age. What surgeries should I expect?
I'm quite sure insurance would cover this too because of the TMJ pain and measurable narrowing of airway (ESPECIALLY when mewing).

how are your teeth and do you have any malocclusions?

• +1
Reactions: goat2x
I always thought my teeth were perfectly fine, but when i corrected my posture they feel a bit off and angled. Really not sure how to check in a clear manner.

You cant decide it w/o pictures
but if both recessed then bimax

• +1
Reactions: middayshowers, SPFromNY914, Deleted member 6128 and 2 others
Would a bimax help the forward growth of my maxilla?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Gmanic, SubhumanCurrycel, MentalistKebab and 1 other person
chill out and answer the fucking question

Bro there are so many resources for this type of question all over the site

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
chill out and answer the fucking question
idk bro, tell me
would a BIMAXILLARY ADVANCEMENT SURGERY help you with the forward advancement of your maxilla?
I really cant seem to piece it together tbh

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: SPFromNY914 and MentalistKebab
idk bro, tell me
would a BIMAXILLARY ADVANCEMENT SURGERY help you with the forward advancement of your maxilla?
I really cant seem to piece it together tbh
my lower jaw is pretty recessed too, hence the tmj pain. I don't think a bimax alone would fix that.

maybe it's unrelated then.
i have observed slight teeth crowding on my lower jaw

Pics my nigga

• +1
Reactions: SPFromNY914
Bimax will move the maxilla and mandible both foward

my lower jaw is pretty recessed too, hence the tmj pain. I don't think a bimax alone would fix that.
You must consult in person with a maxillofacial surgeon, or several. But you’ll find this is not like solving an equation, you’ll find different approaches.

You must consult in person with a maxillofacial surgeon, or several. But you’ll find this is not like solving an equation, you’ll find different approaches.
the thing is, while I have just about every symptom of a recessed maxilla my nose is perfectly straight. Wouldn't a bimax fuck my nose up?

the thing is, while I have just about every symptom of a recessed maxilla my nose is perfectly straight. Wouldn't a bimax fuck my nose up?

• +1
Reactions: goat2x
Modified Lefort 3
Super Bimax
MSE/MSDO+FM
Genioplasty
Unfortunately we still can't fix all damage caused by downward growth and recession.

• +1
Reactions: Humblemaxxer and SPFromNY914
I always thought my teeth were perfectly fine, but when i corrected my posture they feel a bit off and angled. Really not sure how to check in a clear manner.
I have the same problem and facemask/headgear actually will help trust me

I'm 18 and never really noticed why my face shape and overall structure seemed off. I have a very low BF% and even though I have quite an athletic build, my face seemed round and eyes sunken. For years I made the dumbest mistake of leaning my head back and assuming i just had a reallly slanted forehead.

After fixing my head posture a few months ago, both my cheekbones and lower jaw (mandible) seemed extremely recessed. My eyes also looked sunken in. What really got me was not only the aesthetics of it, but the fact that my TMJ pain heightened to the point where I could barely extend my jaw and more importantly, my airway narrowing down.

What are my options? I'm pretty sure surgery is a must because headgear won't do jack shit at my age. What surgeries should I expect?
I'm quite sure insurance would cover this too because of the TMJ pain and measurable narrowing of airway (ESPECIALLY when mewing).
Mse then BiMax

A bimax double jaw surgery would increase the length of both of your jaws horizontally and improve your appearance.