Recessed Maxilla + Underbite (What surgeries)

A

Ayub212121

Iron
just turned 16 and male,
My maxilla is wide enough but has horrible forward growth which has made me develop a underbite and crooked nose. It has also gave me nasal problems which has lead to me mouth breathing my whole life. I believe I have lack of under eye support from my recessed maxilla and I think it gives a wide eye look.

How can I fix this? Any softmax like mewing, thumbpulling, bone smashing or whatever work? any hard max or surgery that would work? Would focusing on fixing the underbite with braces or Invisalign’s be able to indirectly fix the maxilla by fixing the underbite? I’m super lost and ideally want to try and fix this without surgery.

If moderate- severe, double-jaw-surgery is definitely the only way.

All the stuff, listed in the later part does absolutely nothing to fix a class3.

Believe me I wish there would be another way, as I have one myself and I am scheduled for surgery next year.

• +1
Reactions: Gabo3575 and Ayub212121
Thanks. Don’t think it’s crazy severe but you can definitely see the flatness from a side image of my face. The underbite and crooked nose are annoying too. People around me and parents think I’m nuts tho for mentioning surgery or even thinking I have a problem in the first place. If I did go through with surgery would I have to wait like 5 years because I’m 16? And also would it be worth it too focus on lower jaw, eye area, zygos til then if it is possible to improve those through soft maxes.

• +1
Reactions: NoaA99
Thanks. Don’t think it’s crazy severe but you can definitely see the flatness from a side image of my face. The underbite and crooked nose are annoying too. People around me and parents think I’m nuts tho for mentioning surgery or even thinking I have a problem in the first place. If I did go through with surgery would I have to wait like 5 years because I’m 16? And also would it be worth it too focus on lower jaw, eye area, zygos til then if it is possible to improve those through soft maxes.
Yeah, for me personally it wasn’t even obvious before visiting an orthodontist at 22 (now 26) because of severe TMJ.
Even a mild malocclusion will induce functional problems.
The body is one whole entity.
Any malfunctioning part needs different body parts to compensate for it.
So in any case, I’d always recommend to tackle the problem at its roots-the maxilla.
If it’s an true skeletal class 3 like me, you may should wait for any softmaxing regiments until after surgery.
For instance chewing like a madman will only further increase the already elevated risk factor of TMJ and ultimately even jaw joint arthritis in the long term.
You’d definitely want to avoid that.

Work on everything else but talk to a professional regarding your malocclusion.
Please don’t accept any „special“ splints or similar approaches, that primarily focus on symptoms.
They work against, what actually needs to be done.
It’s like breaking your leg and walking with crutches for the rest of your life.

just turned 16 and male,
My maxilla is wide enough but has horrible forward growth which has made me develop a underbite and crooked nose. It has also gave me nasal problems which has lead to me mouth breathing my whole life. I believe I have lack of under eye support from my recessed maxilla and I think it gives a wide eye look.

How can I fix this? Any softmax like mewing, thumbpulling, bone smashing or whatever work? any hard max or surgery that would work? Would focusing on fixing the underbite with braces or Invisalign’s be able to indirectly fix the maxilla by fixing the underbite? I’m super lost and ideally want to try and fix this without surgery.
Ccw bimax and implants