Recessing lower third to improve looks

thecel

thecel

morph king

Is this a good looksmax?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: GigaAscender, SubhumanCurrycel, Deleted member 5061 and 7 others
If your mandible or maxilla is overdeveloped then it's a good thing to do. (I'm talking about lower part of maxilla.)

• +1
Reactions: thecel
For prettyboys yes it doesn't matter

You could grow your brow ridge to improve your face. I think it is possible via chewing.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 5969
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: bimaximum, Deleted member 10524 and Wallenberg
Do a morph with a stronger brow ridge and see how it looks. And btw are you a hapa or full asian?

• +1
It would be better to just increase your ramus

• +1
Reactions: Aero and thecel
Honestly i think your biggest problem are high set eyebrow and weak brow ridge. mandible is good and maxilla is okish.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Aero and thecel
Well yes.. but actually no. Recessing, even if it is possible will not make your jaw look like that.
Images 5

This is whats gonna happen. Your gonial angle be the same but only recessed. Idk how you came up with this thinking that recession will make in this case your face bettet looking but it wont happen.

In the photoshop you also seem to reces your upper palate. If your jaw will be pulled back your upper won't just follow it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10524 and thecel
In the photoshop you also seem to reces your upper palate. If your jaw will be pulled back your upper won't just follow it.
I'd get that retracted as well

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 10913
Yeah that'll get recessed as well. Like a reverse LeFort 1
How is that even possible jfl. It is simpler to add bone mass then to decrease it..

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, magnificentcel and thecel
Yes
I was researching about class 3 orthognathic surgery and it's more common on asians

• +1
Reactions: Aero, Deleted member 10524 and thecel
this makes you look 10 times better ngl

makes you look older (in a good way) and your frame looks a lot bigger too

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 756 and thecel
this pic isnt accurate because you are artifically creating CCW in your morphs

I've never seen a ccw without advancement tbqh it's a wonder to see it morphed it just doesn't happen usually they will give something with it like bsso or a imdo or perhaps lefort 1

• +1
Reactions: Aero and Deleted member 6892
Chewing? JFL at this ultravioletpilled cope
its unironically legit for growing browridge by incisor chewing, grew mine (tho might be anecdotal due to me being in puberty)
our ancestors had huge browridges primarily due to insane amounts of bites they took on their incisors distributing pressure on browridge

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel and thecel
It’s bad for your breathe and you will live less and with more health problems
How you know if your recession is also bad for health in generell?
You don’t Check out x-Rays right? :feelshehe:

• +1
you didn't recede the lower third, you fixed the prognathism and gave yourself a gonion

• Hmm...

it is called common sense, or clinical eye.

doing that movement impairs breathing

• +1
recessed jaw = smaller airway = more health problems like sleep apnea for example

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10107 and thecel
you didn't recede the lower third, you fixed the prognathism and gave yourself a gonion
I have prognathism relative to my maxilla and chin, which are both recessed. My teeth aren’t really that forward. It’s just that everything else is very recessed. I don’t have Negroid prognathism which is legit forward grown prognathism.

And yes I did recede the lower third. Everything below the nose is the lower third. I have an underbite, so I receded my mandible more than I receded my upper teeth.

Last edited:

This black girl 'fixed' her prognathism with premolar extractions. If u enter to her profile u would find more pics about the procedure.
Hope the best for u bro :love:

• +1
Improvement to before? Yes. The problem is that it will be hard to achieve exactly like that through surgery. In your morph you also changed the gonial angle and changed ramus, the jaw would need to be cut at multiple places and repositioned.

This would however not improve the underlying problem and only make it worse. The main problem is a significantly recessed maxilla and because of that-> downward growth of the upper + lower jaw, recessed face at eye level and at forehead level. If you make your upper and lower jaw even shorter, this wouldnt exactly help you with better breathing and so on. It would limit the space for the tongue even more, it might lead to sleep apnea and other health related issues.

Your lower jaw itself isnt the problem as such and the angle you made the picture at is not ideal to judge things properly. There seems to be some distortion too. Wed need a straight side profile picture made with a good camera which is positioned at head level, with a good lens that produces no distortion.

I did a morph here, where I moved the maxilla forward and upward, to the position where it should be with good maxillary development. I didnt shorten the mandible, because mandible itself isnt the issue as posted above.

I think it is very clear which is the better look, the morph you did or the one I did with fixed maxilla and unchanged lower jaw:

Index01
Index02
Index03

(I always rotate the side profile to show the right side, because it is easier for me to visualize as a right hander).

Edit: further adjusted the forehead and added some more forward growth in a case of an ideally developed maxilla, actually added some more lower jaw length compared to previous morph.

morph1 ----> morph2

Index03
Index06

original ------> morph 2

Index05
Index06

Last edited:
  • Love it
Improvement to before? Yes. The problem is that it will be hard to achieve exactly like that through surgery. In your morph you also changed the gonial angle and changed ramus, the jaw would need to be cut at multiple places and repositioned.

This would however not improve the underlying problem and only make it worse. The main problem is a significantly recessed maxilla and because of that-> downward growth of the upper + lower jaw, recessed face at eye level and at forehead level. If you make your upper and lower jaw even shorter, this wouldnt exactly help you with better breathing and so on. It would limit the space for the tongue even more, it might lead to sleep apnea and other health related issues.

Your lower jaw itself isnt the problem as such and the angle you made the picture at is not ideal to judge things properly. There seems to be some distortion too. Wed need a straight side profile picture made with a good camera which is positioned at head level, with a good lens that produces no distortion.

I did a morph here, where I moved the maxilla forward and upward, to the position where it should be with good maxillary development. I didnt shorten the mandible, because mandible itself isnt the issue as posted above.

I think it is very clear which is the better look, the morph you did or the one I did with fixed maxilla and unchanged lower jaw:

View attachment 985089 View attachment 985090 View attachment 985091

(I always rotate the side profile to show the right side, because it is easier for me to visualize as a right hander).

Edit: further adjusted the forehead and added some more forward growth in a case of an ideally developed maxilla, actually added some more lower jaw length compared to previous morph.

morph1 ----> morph2

View attachment 985140 View attachment 985141

original ------> morph 2

View attachment 985143 View attachment 985144

Good morphs bro.

I think of "recessmaxxing" only as an alternative to more invasive surguries like LeFort 3. If you can't get those big surgeries for whatever reason (e.g. medical or financial), it could be alright to settle for recessmaxxing.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5061
Good morphs bro.

I think of "recessmaxxing" only as an alternative to more invasive surguries like LeFort 3. If you can't get those big surgeries for whatever reason (e.g. medical or financial), it could be alright to settle for recessmaxxing.
Yeah I get what you mean, it proves high IQ for exploring all possibilities in order to have the least invasive treatment possible with the best efficacy.

Having one's skull cut into 20 pieces and then rearranged and fixed with metal plates and screws isnt exactly the ideal way.

But yeah, if you knew about importance of maxilla at 5 yo and how big of a factor it was going to be in the future and ate harder foods + mewed, you mightve looked like a Changlite on the morph2 tbh.

Last edited:
  • +1
How did you do that ? how long time ? please please let me know

• +1