Recommend which serum/drug should I be adding to my skin next?

Dr. Mog

Dr. Mog

Researcher at moggerdom and zoomerology
My aim: Reduce pigmentation of under eyes, prevent acne and remove brown stained tiny acne marks.

The chemicals I’m looking for:
Retinol (0.3%)
or Vitamin C (15%)
or Niacinamide
or Hyaluronic acid
or Benzoyl peroxide (lite version of tretinoin)

Which of the following options would be most appropriate for me based on my objectives, as per your personal recommendations? Do note and mention your personal experiences with any of these.

Thank you

Solution
perpetuallytired
My aim: Reduce pigmentation of under eyes, prevent acne and remove brown stained tiny acne marks.

Retinol (0.3%)
or Vitamin C (15%)
or Niacinamide
or Hyaluronic acid

Which of the following options would be most appropriate for me based on my objectives, as per your personal recommendations? Do note and mention your personal experiences with any of these.

Thank you
If you have to choose one.
Retinol 100%. Retinol increases skin turnover while also increasing collagen. It also prevents your pores from getting clogged (which leads to acne).

So it'll help with acne prevention and will probably reduce the acne scars (due to skin turnover).

But you can...
Tagging skincels
@Preston @ReadBooksEveryday @SidharthTheSlayer @5.5psl @forevergymcelling @tents

• WTF
  • Love it
Reactions: ReadBooksEveryday and SidharthTheSlayer
Caffeine can help if your dark under eyes are not genetic or caused due to bone deficiencies

Lumify undereye cream is pretty good

• +1
Reactions: Dr. Mog

Retinol (0.3%)
or Vitamin C (15%)
or Niacinamide
or Hyaluronic acid

Thank you
Retinol 100%. Retinol increases skin turnover while also increasing collagen. It also prevents your pores from getting clogged (which leads to acne).

So it'll help with acne prevention and will probably reduce the acne scars (due to skin turnover).

But you can use multiple chemicals throughout the day and I recommend you use all of the ones you listed. Retinol at night, while using cleansers and moisturizers that have the other chemicals as ingredients during the day. I'd also recommend you add salicylic acid to your list. It's extremely good at cleaning pores and reducing excessive oil production.

Sidenote. What's your skin type?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Dr. Mog
Solution

But you can use multiple chemicals throughout the day and I recommend you use all of the ones you listed. Retinol at night, while using cleansers and moisturizers that have the other chemicals as ingredients during the day. I'd also recommend you add salicylic acid to your list. It's extremely good at cleaning pores and reducing excessive oil production.

Sidenote. What's your skin type?
Just 24 business minutes ago I ordered Retinol serum 0.3%, AHA 25% BHA 2% as chemical exfoliant to be used once a week (this ain’t too strong as a first time user, or is it?) and then a Vitamin B moisturiser (oil free)

I’ll make a detailed thread on its effects on my skin soon after applying.

My skin type isn’t exactly one particular type. It used to be really oily during my early puberty stage many years ago and now it’s pretty normal.

Just 24 business minutes ago I ordered Retinol serum 0.3%, AHA 25% BHA 2% as chemical exfoliant to be used once a week (this ain’t too strong as a first time user, or is it?) and then a Vitamin B moisturiser (oil free)

I’ll make a detailed thread on its effects on my skin soon after applying.

My skin type isn’t exactly one particular type. It used to be really oily during my early puberty stage many years ago and now it’s pretty normal.
Yeah, it should be fine. Don't put too much in the undereye area as excessive use there can mess with the fat pads in that area, but since you're only doing it once a week at the moment it'll most likely be fine.