Religion in the modern day is confusing to me

definitely_notchad

definitely_notchad

Iron
Why dont people do their own research and come to their own subjective conclusion about their lifestyle and not preach it to other people since human lives differ so much in this modern age.
The mere existence of relegion in thus day and age is confusing to me, since the "potential lifestyle" of individuals living even in the same area could be extremely different. I believe religion was a way of uniting people with congruent lifestyles based on their beleif in a common "God". But that doesn't make sense now since a "congruent" lifestyle which is inclusive to every individual is impossible.

All of us could make our own well researched and planned set of principles which can be flexible according to our personal needs and goals (which can change with time) and not "preach" these "ideologies" but rather encourage other people to create their own?

Just a random thought I had in mind. I don't know if what I have written is right or wrong but just wanted to share for all the religious and non religious people to read.