Respect: Pros and Cons of Online & In-Person Communities

thecel

thecel

narrow-orbits brachy-skull ogre
The respect that a man receives from other men is a major source of his happiness. A shortage of respect is a major source of male unhappiness.

IRL, people use physical aggression as a means of respect enforcement. E.g. if someone calls someone a racial slur in an insulting way, a physically combative altercation will likely ensue. Knowing that disrespecting someone will result in a violent outcome creates a deterrent against disrespectful behaviors. Since everyone knows that disrespect may get them assaulted, people avoid being disrespectful.

Respect nearly unenforceable on a person-to-person basis in online communities. E.g. if someone calls me a “chink” on .org, it’s simply impossible for me to respond the way that an average male would respond if he were to be called a slur IRL. I can’t throw a punch; I can’t pull out a knife; I can’t point a gun.

Online, respect can only be enforced by moderator rule. But this reduces users’ freedom of speech and removes the ego aspect from respect. Ego is an important component of male respect, and respect enforced by rule of moderation doesn’t allow males to feel the ego boost of enforcing respect by asserting their dominance. I’d rather have a forum with free speech and plenty of disrespect than a forum with restricted speech and no disrespect.

IRL respect is flawed as well. Though IRL allows individuals to enforce respect between one another, the distribution of this capability is inherently unequal. Respect is nearly always skewed in favor of physically larger males. This power imbalance, ironically, leads to disrespect; bigger males bully smaller males.

Equal disrespect is a feature I love about online communities like .org. Unlike IRL, physical size plays no role in the enforcement of respect, so everyone is equally allowed to disrespect each other.

IRL Respect
  • more respectful overall
  • more unequal distribution of respect because…
  • physical dominance matters, which means…
  • the small and weak get disrespected

Online Respect
  • less respectful overall
  • more equal distribution of respect because…
  • physical dominance doesn’t matter

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: incel194012940, Heinrich Schmidt, Lookologist003 and 3 others
Respect is nearly always skewed in favor of physically larger males. This power imbalance, ironically, leads to disrespect; bigger males bully smaller males.
Undisputedcry1

• So Sad
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Lookologist003, 5'7 zoomer, Acne Victim and 1 other person
also everyone larps on here but irl its not like you can larp being the top football player in ur school or larp a high social status

you can however do that on .org

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 51551, Deleted member 28896, Acne Victim and 1 other person
never began

you're 6' stop crying nigga
Average is 6'2 + I have empirical data on my side. I was bottom 5% height-wise in HS and still am in uni.

• Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: exo and thecel
Average is 6'2 + I have empirical data on my side. I was bottom 5% height-wise in HS and still am in uni.
oh noes! he's only 6' in the slums of lithuania where 6'2 is avg! land of overpowered anime protagonists

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Never got the point of tough guy larping online

People call you beta if you don't do it but it always seems a massive waste of energy

• Woah
oh noes! he's only 6' in the slums of lithuania where 6'2 is avg! land of overpowered anime protagonists
Welp, that affects most slavcels. If only I was 6'5.

• JFL
Welp, that affects most slavcels. If only I was 6'5.
IMG 20231021 185851

Inb4 muh oldcels you said you see 6'5 boomers everyday

Also just wear 3cm lifts if it bothers you that much

• JFL
View attachment 2503736
Inb4 muh oldcels you said you see 6'5 boomers everyday

Also just wear 3cm lifts if it bothers you that much
I have pics + lifts do not change your skeletal structure. No ogre would ask for "money" nor bother me if I was 6'5. All the chimp-outs are caused my manletism. The only choice is to not go outside but that's not possible.

• So Sad
I have pics + lifts do not change your skeletal structure. No ogre would ask for "money" nor bother me if I was 6'5. All the chimp-outs are caused my manletism. The only choice is to not go outside but that's not possible.
you have no evidence and you're always with your shoes on outside so how does that even matter? keep crying about your problems and do nothing about them cuck

• JFL
you have no evidence and you're always with your shoes on outside so how does that even matter? keep crying about your problems and do nothing about them cuck
I have pics of oldcels xdddddd but it doesn't matter because even after showing 400 pics dalits will still bark. I'll just simply carry tear gas.

• JFL
Reactions: thecel and exo
I have pics of oldcels xdddddd but it doesn't matter because even after showing 400 pics dalits will still bark. I'll just simply carry tear gas.
your pics dont mean shit, jesus youre retarded. how can cherrypicked creepshots of random tall people in their fucking shoes with no point of reference be evidence of anything? XDDDD the average is 5'11

• JFL
how am I barely 5'6" yet I feel like slightly a manlet

while @St.TikTokcel is a tallfag yet he feels like a turbo manlet

?

• JFL
Reactions: St.TikTokcel
how am I barely 5'6" yet I feel like slightly a manlet

while @St.TikTokcel is a tallfag yet he feels like a turbo manlet

?
I'm not tallfag + not from India + average is 6'2 + I have pics to prove.

• JFL
Incredibly brutal. The best part about good looks is the respect given to good looking people. Being respected is better than sex.

• +1
no such thing as "online respect", people will backstab you easily online

• So Sad