Retin a + accutane

Deleted member 5634

Deleted member 5634

Banned
Is that overkill? Its 20 mg accutane + the ordinary 1% retinol on squalene

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6963 and WadlowMaxxing
What's the point of accurate if you don't have severe acne ? If you do yeah that's great.
Retinol is a meme btw take the real Retin-a it's all you need

• +1
Reactions: onfiresems and Deleted member 5634
What's the point of accurate if you don't have severe acne ? If you do yeah that's great.
Retinol is a meme btw take the real Retin-a it's all you need

Can you vouch for a good retin a product? I have used the ordinary like 3 months and i see improvement but is not huge improvement tbh

• +1
Reactions: Matheus
Can you vouch for a good retin a product? I have used the ordinary like 3 months and i see improvement but is not huge improvement tbh

I would like to know this too. I was going to get the ordinary as well. I don't have acne, just want to overall improve my skin

I would like to know this too. I was going to get the ordinary as well. I don't have acne, just want to overall improve my skin
Anything goes as long as it contains real retin-a and not retinol. Given the name "The Ordinary Retinol" and the concentration I would say this is an example of cope retinol. Retin-a requires a prescription and is sold at concentrations of 0.025, 0.05 and 0.1%. Retinol has benefits but much less so than Retin-a.
I personally use generic tretinoin from AllDayChemist since 2 weeks, it's working great so far. What matters with retin-a is only the concentration for example I'm at 0.0.25 every other day and I just stopped flaking because my skin is very sensitive. My goal is 0.05 every day. If you have a good skin go with 0.05 EOD otherwise start at 0.025 every day, it's better to build up from lower strengths than to just blast it. 0.1% is usually unnecessary and very irritating.

I would also add that if you don't have severe acne you should drop accutane. I had accutane for a year as a teen because of severe acne and extremely oily skin and the side effects are real. To this day I have recurrent joint pain and it started back then so I still question whether this could be accutane. Besides if you use retin-a properly it isn't necessary.

I'll probably make a thread with my skincare routine tell me if you want to be tagged

• +1
Reactions: forwardgrowth, Deleted member 6963 and Deleted member 5634
You're not supposed to take Retin A with accutane.
RetinA ≠ retinol. Retinol is otc. You can get RetinA at alldaychemist. Start at a low strength.
You can combine oral antibiotics with differin, benzylperoxide or retinA if your main concern is acne.

• +1
Anything goes as long as it contains real retin-a and not retinol. Given the name "The Ordinary Retinol" and the concentration I would say this is an example of cope retinol. Retin-a requires a prescription and is sold at concentrations of 0.025, 0.05 and 0.1%. Retinol has benefits but much less so than Retin-a.
I personally use generic tretinoin from AllDayChemist since 2 weeks, it's working great so far. What matters with retin-a is only the concentration for example I'm at 0.0.25 every other day and I just stopped flaking because my skin is very sensitive. My goal is 0.05 every day. If you have a good skin go with 0.05 EOD otherwise start at 0.025 every day, it's better to build up from lower strengths than to just blast it. 0.1% is usually unnecessary and very irritating.

I would also add that if you don't have severe acne you should drop accutane. I had accutane for a year as a teen because of severe acne and extremely oily skin and the side effects are real. To this day I have recurrent joint pain and it started back then so I still question whether this could be accutane. Besides if you use retin-a properly it isn't necessary.

I'll probably make a thread with my skincare routine tell me if you want to be tagged

All day chemist you can order from? And I am already using a cleanser and moisturizer (from Cerave) both with HL acid as well as SPF cream and Vitamin C serum. I have no acne but so far my skin looks good. So I am assuming I should use 0.05. Thank you for saving me from buying the ordinary one.

• +1
All day chemist you can order from? And I am already using a cleanser and moisturizer (from Cerave) both with HL acid as well as SPF cream and Vitamin C serum. I have no acne but so far my skin looks good. So I am assuming I should use 0.05. Thank you for saving me from buying the ordinary one.

Retinol about 1/20th of retinoid concentration compared to retin-a.

• +1
Reactions: MedMaxxing and Deleted member 5634
No problem, yeah you can start with 0.05 EOD and adjust the frequency if needed. I did order from ADC but it took a month to ship so if you want it quicker you can try ExpressPCT but idk about it. Cleanser is very good, I will buy the exact same once I'm done with my current one and I'm using CeraVe as my current morning moisturiser.
Vitamin C serum is very good too but don't put it at the same time as Retin-a, put it either in the morning or on alternating days.
I also highly recommend Lipikar Baume AP+ for evening moisturiser it makes you shine but it's hydrating asf and contains niacinamide which is very good for redness, acne, skin inflammation and overall complexion.

• +1
Reactions: MedMaxxing and Deleted member 5634
pretty sure the ordinary is retinol? retin a is prescription

No problem, yeah you can start with 0.05 EOD and adjust the frequency if needed. I did order from ADC but it took a month to ship so if you want it quicker you can try ExpressPCT but idk about it. Cleanser is very good, I will buy the exact same once I'm done with my current one and I'm using CeraVe as my current morning moisturiser.
Vitamin C serum is very good too but don't put it at the same time as Retin-a, put it either in the morning or on alternating days.
I also highly recommend Lipikar Baume AP+ for evening moisturiser it makes you shine but it's hydrating asf and contains niacinamide which is very good for redness, acne, skin inflammation and overall complexion.

Yeah I knew about the never mixing VC and Retin-A. And I'll definitely look for the Lipikar. I am pretty white (not super pale but between white and olive) and I do have some redness besides my nasal area more than anything else.