Retin-A or Retinol

bossman

bossman

Surgerymaxxer-in-progress
Im a 14 year old pubertycel and haven't had acne yet but my skin is pretty shit an does pretty much 0 regeneration. Clearly everyone here worships Retin-A/Retinol as the holy grail of skin care so I want some advice on what I should use and what concentration. I'm aware Retin-A is stronger than Retinol but I'm wondering if I need that or not.

Also, what moisturiser do you guys recommend

Last edited:
Retinol is not same a Retin A. Retinol is a meme

do you guys recommend any good moisturiser to go with it?
Idk about product recommendations but also use sunscreen and apply it every 2 hours

Retinol, also known as Vitamin A1, is a vitamin found in food and used as a dietary supplement.[2] As a supplement it is used to treat and prevent vitamin A deficiency, especially that which results in xerophthalmia.[1] In areas where deficiency is common, a single large dose is recommended to those at high risk a couple of times a year.[3] It is also used to reduce the risk of complications in those who have measles.[3] It is used by mouth or injection into a muscle.[1]
Retinol at normal doses is well tolerated.[1] High doses may result in an enlarged liver, dry skin, or hypervitaminosis A.[1][4] High doses during pregnancy may result in harm to the baby.[1] Retinol is in the vitamin A family.[1] It or other forms of vitamin A are needed for eyesight, maintenance of the skin, and human development.[1] It is converted in the body to retinal and retinoic acid through which it acts.[2] Dietary sources include fish, dairy products, and meat.[2]
Retinol was discovered in 1909, isolated in 1931, and first made in 1947.[5][6] It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines, the most effective and safe medicines needed in a health system.[7] Retinol is available as a generic medication and over the counter.[1] The wholesale cost in the developing world is about US$0.02–0.30 per 50,000 units.[8] In the United States it is not very expensive.[9]
Contents
Medical uses[edit]
Retinol is used to treat vitamin A deficiency.
Three approaches may be used when populations have low vitamin A levels[10]:
  1. Through dietary modification involving the adjustment of menu choices of affected persons from available food sources to optimize vitamin A content.
  2. Enriching commonly eaten and affordable foods with vitamin A, a process called fortification. It involves addition of synthetic vitamin A to staple foods like margarine, bread, flours, cereals and other infant formulae during processing
  3. By giving high-doses of vitamin A to the targeted deficient population, a method known as supplementation.

Idk about product recommendations but also use sunscreen and apply it every 2 hours
legit? i know sunscreen is important but i cant tell if this is exaggeration or not

Im a 14 year old pubertycel and haven't had acne yet but my skin is pretty shit an does pretty much 0 regeneration. Clearly everyone here worships Retin-A/Retinol as the holy grail of skin care so I want some advice on what I should use and what concentration. I'm aware Retin-A is stronger than Retinol but I'm wondering if I need that or not.

Also, what moisturiser do you guys recommend
tretinoin 2.5% twice or thrice a week is enought to increase collagen to improve skin and slow down aging.

tretinoin 2.5% twice or thrice a week is enought to increase collagen to improve skin and slow down aging.
wtf where on earth do you find 2.5%

2.5% :feelsgiga: dont most people just use 0.1 - 1%

2.5% :feelsgiga: dont most people just use 0.1 - 1%
I mean 0.025%

I have two tretinoin creams:
0.05%, I used it for acne (now I use Epiduo)
0.025% I use it for collagen

do you guys recommend any good moisturiser to go with it?
i recommend @Nibba skincare routine, unfortunately he took the video down

• +1
Reactions: x30001