Retin-A

D

Deleted member 1100

Kraken
"The industry is taking us into a massive experimentation"

And there's another reason to be wary of retinol overuse, according to Patterson. Cells generally divide to grow and repair the tissue in your body, but normal cells can only divide a finite number of times (about 50, according to the Hayflick Limit), which is one of the primary reasons we age.

"We don't live forever," he told Business Insider. "So if you plaster way too much retinol on in your 20s, 30s, and 40s, you could be depleting all of those healthy cell divisions that you really should be storing for cell divisions further down your lifetime."

"The skincare industry is taking us into a massive experimentation of the population," he went on. "They're just interested in the short-term marketing of the products — we don't know what will happen with prolonged excessive use."

Thoughts?

• Woah
Reactions: Rift
i thought stem cells didn't have that hayflick limit?

"The industry is taking us into a massive experimentation"

And there's another reason to be wary of retinol overuse, according to Patterson. Cells generally divide to grow and repair the tissue in your body, but normal cells can only divide a finite number of times (about 50, according to the Hayflick Limit), which is one of the primary reasons we age.

"We don't live forever," he told Business Insider. "So if you plaster way too much retinol on in your 20s, 30s, and 40s, you could be depleting all of those healthy cell divisions that you really should be storing for cell divisions further down your lifetime."

"The skincare industry is taking us into a massive experimentation of the population," he went on. "They're just interested in the short-term marketing of the products — we don't know what will happen with prolonged excessive use."

Thoughts?
Let them cope while my skin glows like the sun.

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: SayNoToRotting, CopeAndRope, tongue and 2 others
sei la cara, tem uma mulher no youtbe que usa retin a tem 20 anos ou mais n lembro e ta de boa soh colhendos os beneficios

i thought stem cells didn't have that hayflick limit?

I honestly have no idea how this shit works (maybe that's why I'm so afraid of starting to use + purging)

Retin-a only affects the stem cells?

"A human cell can divide roughly 50 times before it dies out. It's called the Hayflick limit, and it's become a real headache for the anti-aging science. As long as the limit holds, it suggests a maximum human lifespan of 120 years — but a new crop of research suggests the limit may not be as hard as we thought. Under lab conditions, mouse cells can keep dividing forever, while other animal cells only require smaller quantities of oxygen to keep dividing beyond their Hayflick limit. Another hopeful trend involves telomeres, the shortening DNA sequence once thought to represent humanity's biological clock. Recent studies indicated that telomere's aren't as important in aging as we thought, and can be rebuilt with the right enzymes. That's not a silver bullet, but it's reason to believe the 120-year limit isn't as hard and fast as scientists previously thought."

Seems like it's not that big of a problem tbh

Ok, now my three biggest problems with retin-a are:

1- I don't want to purge
2- Sun sensitivity
3- If I stop using it, will my skin get back to "normal" and age as it would while maintaining the benefits I got? Like if I were frozen in time and now I'm back and everything will be normalized...

Last edited:
I honestly have no idea how this shit works (maybe that's why I'm so afraid of starting to use + purging)

Retin-a only affects the stem cells?

"A human cell can divide roughly 50 times before it dies out. It's called the Hayflick limit, and it's become a real headache for the anti-aging science. As long as the limit holds, it suggests a maximum human lifespan of 120 years — but a new crop of research suggests the limit may not be as hard as we thought. Under lab conditions, mouse cells can keep dividing forever, while other animal cells only require smaller quantities of oxygen to keep dividing beyond their Hayflick limit. Another hopeful trend involves telomeres, the shortening DNA sequence once thought to represent humanity's biological clock. Recent studies indicated that telomere's aren't as important in aging as we thought, and can be rebuilt with the right enzymes. That's not a silver bullet, but it's reason to believe the 120-year limit isn't as hard and fast as scientists previously thought."

Seems like it's not that big of a problem tbh

Ok, now my three biggest problems with retin-a are:

1- I don't want to purge
2- Sun sensitivity
3- If I stop using it, will my skin get back to "normal" and age as it would while maintaining the benefits I got? Like if I were frozen in time and now I'm back and everything will be normalized...

i didnt get a purge.
i dont go outside
yes.

i didnt get a purge.
i dont go outside
yes.

Did you have acne when you were younger?

I've only had like 30-40 during my entire adolescence, maybe I won't purge tbh

LDAR?

so what the fuck are we supposed to do? to use retin-a or not?

You can use it, the think on the OP won't be a problem, it doesn't affect stem cells and most of skin cells last for 120 years, until there we'll already be using synthetic skin anyway

Cell turnover != Cell division

my purge only lasted like a week, it wasn't as bad as i thought it was gonna be

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 1100
There are so many older beauty youtube females, and they all use retin a since 10+ years and look very well for their age.

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 1100
There are so many older beauty youtube females, and they all use retin a since 10+ years and look very well for their age.

This.
I also seen a 60 year old woman.
She uses for like 30 years.
Her skin looks better then most 40's year old women

This OP, is high inhib, causing life to pass one by as time passes on.

Fuck what that scientist bitch says. I'm not only using Retin-A, but I'm using Tazorac, too. That's TWO retinoids, bitch. YOLO

What's funny is that the people here used to think it was a good idea for me to use Retin-A... now @PrettyBoyMaxxing and his gang of cronies are telling me I'm coping with refusing to accept that I need to fly to SEA to get laid by "melting my face off with pharma-grade products"

• JFL
Reactions: CopeAndRope