Retinol usage during tretinoin course

N

nlxontop

Iron
I`ve been using tretinoin on my pimples, as it sufficiently helps with removing them and regenerating that area with new skin. However, i dont consider starting to use it on my whole face because it gives that gay glow and finishes with fucking redness with flaking in different areas. So, the question is, should i use my retinol on fine lines and/or whole face to reap the benefits of retinoids and go gentle on it to not look like tomato while keeping tretinoin in my routine?

Last edited:
tret or death , jfl if ur wasting money on retinol , get the cream instead of gel so u dont get that gay glow

you j described tretinoins purging phase lol. when i got prescribed tretinoin, it had in big text on the label “DO NOT SPOT TREAT” because that’s not how it’s meant to be used. the gay glow is the result of multiple, unabsorbed creams reflecting a shitty lighting job.

start with using tret on full face + neck every OTHER night for 2 week, then go to every night. moisturize 10-30 mins after your tret application before going to bed to wake up without dry skin.

and do not use any retinol whilst on tret.

• +1
Reactions: nlxontop
You can use a retinol formulated for eye area use because you can’t use tret there without risking meibomian gland damage. Just make sure to not overlap the retinol and tret when you apply

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 43374 and nlxontop