Retinol vs Retin-a

D

Deleted member 6889

Iron
Which one of these is better to add to my skin care routine? From my understanding retin-a is stronger but requires a prescription in order to get while retional products can be bought over the counter. Also which type is better, cream or serum?

Currently I'm only using a basic moisturiser for my face and then adding Sunsense sensitive invisible spf 50.

I'm pretty new to my skin care routine so any advice is appreciated.

Obviously go for the prescription thing everything else is gay normie shit

• +1
Reactions: elfmaxx and Raddemon
Retinol isn't cope but retin-a is a lot stronger

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA
Retinol didn’t do anything to my skin

The results aren’t even a small change ngl
It’s waste time and weak

Get on 0.025% retin A and than get the 0.05% and than get the 0.1%

And stick with 0.1% for the rest of your life

my gay fucking dermatologist didnt prescribe me retin-a :feelsree::feelsree::feelsree:

retinol is cope its 100 times weaker than tretinoin, always go for the prescription strenght

Retinol didn’t do anything to my skin

The results aren’t even a small change ngl
It’s waste time and weak

Get on 0.025% retin A and than get the 0.05% and than get the 0.1%

And stick with 0.1% for the rest of your life

0.05% has the same efficacy as 0.1%. No need to get on 0.1% unless you have acne.

How does it stack against Azelaic acid 20% Skinoren?
Use azelaic acid in the morning after the serum and before moisturizer and sunscreen

• +1
Reactions: KingScrew
Use azelaic acid in the morning after the serum and before moisturizer and sunscreen
Routine (morning only?):
1. Tretinoin 0.05/0.1% (Build up)
2. Azelaic 20% Skinoren
3. Moisturizer Cerave SA or HA
4. Sunscreen

You have a thread/Tier-list or somethin? Hear shit about C-vitamins and other Collagen boosters and just been ordering the DermaPen for needling...

... Just not perfectly sure how all the variables come together if you catch my drift

• +1
Reactions: MasterKey
Routine (morning only?):
2. Azelaic 20% Skinoren
4. Sunscreen

You have a thread/Tier-list or somethin? Hear shit about C-vitamins and other Collagen boosters and just been ordering the DermaPen for needling...

... Just not perfectly sure how all the variables come together if you catch my drift
There was a full pdf skincare guide on the site somewhere

• +1
Reactions: KingScrew
Routine (morning only?):
2. Azelaic 20% Skinoren
4. Sunscreen

Don’t use retin A in the morning bro

Use it at night

Use vitamin C and azealic acid in the morning and retin A at night

• +1
Reactions: malignant
You can start with OTC Retinol to get accustomed to the product and then increase in concentration before you make the switch over to Retin-A to minimize irritation/purging if you have sensitive skin, otherwise just take the lowest % strenght prescription one. However for anti-aging there is nothing like tretinoin in terms of proven data. Gen 2, Gen 3, retinols do not have as much data backing their anti-aging benefits so tretinoin remains the gold standard in the world.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 534
cheers all for the info, is it okay to apply retinol or retin-a around your eye area? Or will it fuck your skin up around your eyes?

• +1
Reactions: HighIQcel