Retinol

Vanillestorms

Vanillestorms

Logged off for good
I bought Neutrogena Anti Wrinkle serum that has Retinol in it, I’ve used it every night a few tines like 3 or 4 then I noticed the area around my eyes turned reddish then yesterday it looked like I was beaten up. It’s still not cleared today. I was wondering if you guys used Retinol and if it’s supposed to give these weird skin reactions that apparently are normal.
I don’t know if I should continue using the product atm

redness/flakiness/etc. is normal especially if you're a new user

don't use retinol though (too weak, get retin a which is a stronger vitamin a derivative and cheaper)

• +1
Reactions: Vanillestorms
redness/flakiness/etc. is normal especially if you're a new user

don't use retinol though (too weak, get retin a which is a stronger vitamin a derivative and cheaper), and you should get retin a through your doctor (it's cheaper)
Cba to try and get prescription for retin a, doctors here are fucking bluepilled retards so they’ll just tell me fairytale copes.

Cba to try and get prescription for retin a, doctors here are fucking bluepilled retards so they’ll just tell me fairytale copes.
ORder from alldaychemist

with good motive you'll get a prescription, just try it instead of wasting so much money on inadequate beauty products

• +1
Reactions: jefferson
with good motive you'll get a prescription, just try it instead of wasting so much money on inadequate beauty products
Pretty weird that you say inadequate, I mean Retinol might be weaker than Retin-A but it’s still better than nothing right?

• +1
Reactions: Lagoon1214 and BigBiceps
Pretty weird that you say inadequate, I mean Retinol might be weaker than Retin-A but it’s still better than nothing right?

What is your product called to get it online?

What is your product called to get it online?
6806151_inner.jpg

• +1
Reactions: Lagoon1214
I bought Neutrogena Anti Wrinkle serum that has Retinol in it, I’ve used it every night a few tines like 3 or 4 then I noticed the area around my eyes turned reddish then yesterday it looked like I was beaten up. It’s still not cleared today. I was wondering if you guys used Retinol and if it’s supposed to give these weird skin reactions that apparently are normal.
I don’t know if I should continue using the product atm
Yeah you shouldve started with something milder for your eye area. It's very sensitive.

• +1
Retinol is better than nothing but retin-a is much better than retinol. I'm throwing away my retinol that I've been using for about 2 months and my retin-a should be coming in pretty soon.

Make sure you use sunscreen EVERYDAY when you're using retinol or retin-a especially if you're going outside but even if you're gonna be inside all day.

Yeah don't listen to them. Retinol is very potent, everybody should start sith retinol and if they dont see enough progress then only retin a.

• +1
Make sure you use sunscreen EVERYDAY when you're using retinol or retin-a especially if you're going outside but even if you're gonna be inside all day.
Why?

Your skin will literally get fucked up more if you don't use sunscreen if you're using a retinoid. Retinoids basically destroy the outside older layer of your skin leaving fresh brand new skin that is exposed to outside elements. If you don't wear sunscreen with a retinoid you're basically fucking up your freshest newest skin. Plus you should be wearing sunscreen everyday anyways to prevent damage to your collagen
Also only apply at night never in the day

• +1
Your skin will literally get fucked up more if you don't use sunscreen if you're using a retinoid. Retinoids basically destroy the outside older layer of your skin leaving fresh brand new skin that is exposed to outside elements. If you don't wear sunscreen with a retinoid you're basically fucking up your freshest newest skin. Plus you should be wearing sunscreen everyday anyways to prevent damage to your collagen
Also only apply at night never in the day
Oh alright so far I haven’t applied any sunscreen lol hopefully it’s not too late

Oh alright so far I haven’t applied any sunscreen lol hopefully it’s not too late
Retinol isn't that strong I doubt you did permenant damage. Also you should be washing your face 2x a day ideally and moisturizing at least after applying retinoids since they dry your skin.

• +1
What are yout motives you told the dr?

Retinol isn't that strong I doubt you did permenant damage. Also you should be washing your face 2x a day ideally and moisturizing at least after applying retinoids since they dry your skin.
Alright man
What’s a good moisturizer?

Btw is it aigh to use dermaroller while using retinol?

Alright man
What’s a good moisturizer?

Btw is it aigh to use dermaroller while using retinol?
I just bought some random good rated one on Amazon. It's probably ok to use retinol immediately after derma rolling but don't quote me on that. If you have a derma roller that's those 540 needle ones on Amazon just throw it away immediately those cause tears in your skin rather than just puncturing it. You want your derma roller to be made out of actual needles and the fake ones are made of sheets of metal if you break it open you'll see.

• +1
I just bought some random good rated one on Amazon. It's probably ok to use retinol immediately after derma rolling but don't quote me on that. If you have a derma roller that's those 540 needle ones on Amazon just throw it away immediately those cause tears in your skin rather than just puncturing it. You want your derma roller to be made out of actual needles and the fake ones are made of sheets of metal if you break it open you'll see.
Yep I heard about that 540 needles dermaroller so I just switched to some ZGTS dermaroller I think that’s how it’s spelled

What are yout motives you told the dr?

well i have been using it for five years because i used to have really bad acne, but you could just say that you want to reverse sun damage / prevent or treat wrinkles

well i have been using it for five years because i used to have really bad acne, but you could just say that you want to reverse sun damage / prevent or treat wrinkles
I dont have acne on my face but on my back. Not severe bit alot of pimples.
D u think he will still prescribe me ?

I dont have acne on my face but on my back. Not severe bit alot of pimples.
D u think he will still prescribe me ?

yea you could say you tried retinol so that he can prescribe retin-a. i remember that i didn't get retin-a immediately because he first prescribed me differin gel (which is weaker than retin a)

Hey wanted to ask does it matter if my beard trim is semi heavy when applying Retinol? Do I have to shave it all for better absorbtion?

Hey wanted to ask does it matter if my beard trim is semi heavy when applying Retinol? Do I have to shave it all for better absorbtion?
Let me know faggots