REVIEW: Don's Footwear (elevator shoes) — be prepared...

N

NonVideri

Iron
Today I'm writing a review of Don's Footwear elevator shoes. Unfortunately, since I haven't actually received the product, it will be rather short.

Don's Footwear is a company, which claims to be specialized in bespoke elevator shoes. In reality, their items are more of a made-to-order, with a fairly wide selection of options. It is based in Bangkok, Thailand, which probably lowers the production costs — hence the prices are around $250.

I've reached out to the owner, Allan Donnelly, and asked him for a pair of their most representative model in a particular design, to which he agreed (at the beginning of March). It took 3 months until June for the work to even get started — apparently, it takes quite some time for the company to process the orders.

Once the boots were ready, he sent me a video of them. To my surprise, instead of burgundy or oxblood as I'd ordered, he made them all black. He said that this was the leather that he had available at hand (he never consulted me about this choice).

After I politely asked him to make me a burgundy or oxblood pair as we had agreed, he indirectly told me to "fuck off", and said he wouldn't send the shoes at all. Unfortunately, because of that, I can't say anything about the quality of craftsmanship of Don's Footwear. This is a great disappointment, but at least you know what you can expect as far as the waiting time and customer experience goes. Be prepared.

bro is 'anti-advertising'?

• +1
Reactions: not__cel, jsp and deepfuckingvalue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back