Risk in investing in a Kazachstani state-owned company?

MoggerGaston

MoggerGaston

Nobody mogs like Gaston
Made a similar post a month ago, been trying to find research-material but it seems like I am one of few people entertaining this idea.

Are there no serious moneymaxxers on this fucking forum or smth?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: sb23, iloveboobs, cyprian_tomaszewski and 4 others
Good idea tbh
I know right, seems undervalued asf compared to western uranium companies. Not even mentioning the idea of an uranium boom in general.

But there must be a reason why it's so fucking cheap. And it probably has to do with it being a state-owned Kazachstani company :forcedsmile:

I am not familiar with the risks involved with such an investment, but I may just yolo it at this point.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: sb23 and iloveboobs
Forget about CIS region(ru, bel, ua, kz) all corrupted as fuck and already murdered after 1990s

Kazatomprom
Thats Nice GIF

Invest in Kazatomprom from Kazachstan! Legit company almost in Europe! Very nice!

• JFL
Reactions: ForeskinCarbonAlloy and MoggerGaston
Nigger im sra
Ok ok, Kazatomprom serious company. Not hiring Gypsys. Gypsy and child worker percentage below 10%! Also top manager drive Mercedes G wagon from Germany!
Plant manager Boris Xakunovisch also know Putin personally (go to same Sauna club).

• JFL
Reactions: ForeskinCarbonAlloy, Debetro and MoggerGaston
Kazakhstan number 1 exporter of potassium
All other countries have inferior potassium

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Lingesan Periyaandi, MoggerGaston and 4ever
What about uranium tho.
i feel like investing in kazakhstan might be like investing in china, the companies are doing great and booming. but the stock is going down. one word of advice from me, moroccancel, is to buy Akdital stock, its going to da moon

• +1
Reactions: MoggerGaston
i feel like investing in kazakhstan might be like investing in china, the companies are doing great and booming. but the stock is going down. one word of advice from me, moroccancel, is to buy Akdital stock, its going to da moon
F is for fire that burns down the whole town U is for uranium...bombs N is for no survivors When you’ll blow them to kingdom come!

• JFL
Reactions: MA_ascender
Its risk of being located in a shit country is counteracted by it being listed on the LSE and therefore subject to rigorous compliance policies

• +1
Reactions: perpetuallytired and MA_ascender
Its risk of being located in a shit country is counteracted by it being listed on the LSE and therefore subject to rigorous compliance policies
I had a friend who was invested in Russia through listings 'subject to rigorous compliance policies' before the Ukraine invasion and he lost most of his investments entirely.

• +1
Reactions: PROMETHEUS
I had a friend who was invested in Russia through listings 'subject to rigorous compliance policies' before the Ukraine invasion and he lost most of his investments entirely.
Yeah but that's due to external factors which can happen in even the most western countries

Generally LSE companies are vetted and safe

• +1
Bro, are you really consulting a 15 year old African for investment advice :forcedsmile:
Nah, I am mostly just sharing my thoughts and was hoping to find someone to chat about this with. I think Kazatomprom is an interesting investment with good potential returns.
But it is also competing with my current investments, which I would have to partially liquidate to get the funds needed for this opportunity.

U think any of my university educated 25+ year old friends would have anything more useful to say than a random 15 year old African? There is literally no difference.
Most people are clueless about most topics. Adult+Educated or not.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: PROMETHEUS and MA_ascender
Nah, I am mostly just sharing my thoughts and was hoping to find someone to chat about this with. I think Kazatomprom is an interesting investment with good potential returns.
But it is also competing with my current investments, which I would have to partially liquidate to get the funds needed for this opportunity.

U think any of my university educated 25+ year old friends would have anything more useful to say than a random 15 year old African? There is literally no difference.
Most people are clueless about most topics. Adult+Educated or not.
Stop referring to me as the random 15 year old African wtf 😂😂😂😂

• JFL
Reactions: 4ever, MoggerGaston and PROMETHEUS
Yeah but that's due to external factors which can happen in even the most western countries

Generally LSE companies are vetted and safe
Kazachstan is an ally to both Russia and China. It wouldn't be unthinkable for NATO-sanctions to also strike kazachstan, which could lead to my investments becoming impossible to sell/trade and losing most of its value.

• +1
Kazachstan is an ally to both Russia and China. It wouldn't be unthinkable for NATO-sanctions to also strike kazachstan, which could lead to my investments becoming impossible to sell/trade and losing most of its value.

I think you just answered your own question here as to why this stock is so cheap and seems too good to be true

Investment funds pay consultants like LEK up to £100k per week to do thorough research on these types of investments to help them decide whether or not to invest

The market price of this company is an indicator of the overall market perceptions of its risks, which means most investment firms have likely come to the conclusion that the stock is high risk – possibly due to the NATO risk you mentioned along with a multitude of other similar factors

• +1
I think you just answered your own question here as to why this stock is so cheap and seems too good to be true

Investment funds pay consultants like LEK up to £100k per week to do thorough research on these types of investments to help them decide whether or not to invest

The market price of this company is an indicator of the overall market perceptions of its risks, which means most investment firms have likely come to the conclusion that the stock is high risk – possibly due to the NATO risk you mentioned along with a multitude of other similar factors
Yup exactly. So you are basically gambling on the fact that the NATO risk doesn't materialize and risk eventually reduces (perhaps a peace-deal with Ukraine). When relations normalize, the company will be re-evaluated with this reduced risk in mind and increase in value.

I guess it's just on me whether I want to take this risk or not. I think for now: No. Because I see a lot of opportunity with less risk in the market right now, still. I don't have enough money to invest, basically. I see too much stuff I want to buy. Maybe half a year from now, I'll have a different idea on the state of the market and my investments.

But what is known is that high-risk leads to higher returns overall. Most people are risk-averse and as such, there is a general undervaluation of risky assets.

I'll just keep this idea in the back of my mind and return to it later. When the right time comes along.

• +1
Made a similar post a month ago, been trying to find research-material but it seems like I am one of few people entertaining this idea.

i think investing in some rare sports car with v8 would be good. The Jew will ban production of new combust engine cars which will make them new luxury items. In Poland cars produced during communism hold big value and still increase in value despite being objectively shit, same with old motors.

also i thought about buying land in some shithole, then when the country gets rich the property prices will go up (housing bubble is common in todays style economies) and you can make profit maybe. If you account for the land growth of big cities (urban expansion) maybe you could predict that, what is now a suburb will grow into an area with lots of value once they build shit around here. Investing in slums of mumbai type shit

the uranium is a good investment imo, they are planning to build nuclear plants in kazahstan

Last edited:
  • +1
Yup exactly. So you are basically gambling on the fact that the NATO risk doesn't materialize and risk eventually reduces (perhaps a peace-deal with Ukraine). When relations normalize, the company will be re-evaluated with this reduced risk in mind and increase in value.

I guess it's just on me whether I want to take this risk or not. I think for now: No. Because I see a lot of opportunity with less risk in the market right now, still. I don't have enough money to invest, basically. I see too much stuff I want to buy. Maybe half a year from now, I'll have a different idea on the state of the market and my investments.

But what is known is that high-risk leads to higher returns overall. Most people are risk-averse and as such, there is a general undervaluation of risky assets.

I'll just keep this idea in the back of my mind and return to it later. When the right time comes along.
Logical conclusion. Glad I could assist.

• +1
I know right, seems undervalued asf compared to western uranium companies. Not even mentioning the idea of an uranium boom in general.

But there must be a reason why it's so fucking cheap. And it probably has to do with it being a state-owned Kazachstani company :forcedsmile:

I am not familiar with the risks involved with such an investment, but I may just yolo it at this point.
please don't call me stupid or anything like that, just throwing out ideas (granted with no research at all). Kazakhstan is super close to and has relations with Russia. This probably means that other countries might not want to trade with this country due to the ongoing war and all. I'd assume it's something along those lines (the relations with Russia causing low stock value). I know nothing bout stocks, just going off what im aware off

• +1

What hasn't been brought up is the location of Kazakhstan. The fact it is landlocked already makes it risky (susceptible to neighbours fucking things up).

The fact that it's wedged between China and Russia is even worse. China wants to extend it's sphere of influence into the region and Russia views Kazakhstan as its own backyard. China and Russia are allies out of convenience, but they have underlying tensions.

However Russia is becoming increasingly economically reliant on China, so that may mitigate risk.

Also Uranium exports is something that is tied inherently to geopolitics/geostrategy, so things get even more complicated.

Last edited:
  • Love it