Ronald Ead before after

Ekeoma_The_BBC

Ekeoma_The_BBC

Banned
the left is him before anything (aaga mse etc) right is after aaga and mse, holy shit such a good difference, also keep in mind he was a premoral extractioncel too

I'm mirin his mouth width change SO HARD

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, CopeAndRope, kota and 2 others
Yes his mouth width increase (he got to the ideal measurement of lining up with pupils) is proof enough that you don’t necessarily need to use one of those mouth expanders or get mouth widening surgery, as MSE can achieve mouth widening, unless you need a really drastic increase in mouth width.
159583B8 ED46 4793 822D DA011DDA3F05
DFA1290A D1A4 406D A114 A452409C133A

Keep in mind his nasal base also expanded, so he’d need a rhino in order for you to really appreciate just how much better his mouth width is. Would be interesting if someone did a morph of him with a narrower nose.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and PrisonMike
guess who said agga is a meme and is now going for surgery

yes that guy

• +1
Reactions: cutecel
Yes but know he have fucked up teeths

I would wear mse if this device doesnt destroy your teeth

Yes but know he have fucked up teeths

I would wear mse if this device doesnt destroy your teeth

AGGA fucked up his teeth as far as I’m aware, not MSE. And you don’t “wear” MSE you get it installed.

guess who said agga is a meme and is now going for surgery

yes that guy

Yes I’m aware of that:
Goddamn the fact people still try to use Ronald Ead as a positive example of AGGA boggles me.

He said he regrets doing AGGA, because it failed in doing what it claimed to, and wishes he’d done MSE from the get go.

Here’s his blog article, if you don’t even want to read it, I’ll embed the Title:

AGGA is NOT the Holy Grail of Adult Orthodontics

And here’s the excerpt regarding MSE, where he plainly says MSE is far more capable, and more efficient than AGGA:

“Surgery can widen the maxilla. In this case I am referring to MSE (maxillary skeletal expander) which is generally part of the surgery treatment plan for providers like my own orthodontist Dr. Zubad Newaz and also for West Coast providers like Dr. Audrey Yoon and her accompanying oral surgeon Dr. Stanley Liu.

Basically the orthodontist expands you laterally with MSE, then puts you through braces to align the teeth and establish proper occlusion.

Following completion of orthodontics, surgery is performed to bring both jaws forward, and to rotate them into their proper angulation.

To my mind, this is the treatment protocol that leaves the fewest stones unturned and results in the most complete establishment of genetically optimal facial structure.

-Ronald Ead, supposed AGGA success story, praising MSE as the best Adult Orthodontic Treatment

Anyone who ever comments about AGGA again on this forum should just be spammed with this reply because it’s exhausting for people to cite Ronald Ead as a positive AGGA case when he has publicly said otherwise.

• +1
Reactions: strong_silent_type
Do anyone know by any change how much his face widened (in mm) and if his eyes moved aparat (if yes then how much)

Do anyone know by any change how much his face widened (in mm) and if his eyes moved aparat (if yes then how much)

If you ever get any sort of IPD increase from MSE as an adult, it would be MINIMAL, maybe a mm. I have yet to see a case where this has been achieved in adults.

• +1
Reactions: cutecel
If you ever get any sort of IPD increase from MSE as an adult, it would be MINIMAL, maybe a mm. I have yet to see a case where this has been achieved in adults.
And his
What about general facial width? Is it in 4-5mm range?

And his
What about general facial width? Is it in 4-5mm range?

What do you mean general facial width? Your chin and lower jaw won’t widen from MSE, your maxilla, nasal bridge, zygos, and maybe browbone will widen, and the closer the area in question is to the split suture being expanded by MSE, the more it will widen.

So in order of most increase of width to least would be:
•Maxilla
•Midface + Nasal Base/ Nasal Airway
•Zygomatic Complex
•Orbital Sockets (haven’t ever seen enough change to result in increase in IPD)
•Brow

I’ve only seen CT scans that color in areas that produced change afterwards, so there hasn’t been any sort of mm measurements done. It would be difficult to do so for the midface And zygos anyways, because things like water retention and body fat would have an effect on outside measurements...you’d have to have DRASTIC change in these areas, and as an adult that’s unlikely. The change in those areas as an Adult is likely so small (maybe 2 mm per side MAX) that you’d probably need to somehow use calipers to measure the width of your actual skull’s midface and zygos to know with certainty something like water retention isn’t playing a role.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
What do you mean general facial width? Your chin and lower jaw won’t widen from MSE, your maxilla, nasal bridge, zygos, and maybe browbone will widen, and the closer the area in question is to the split suture being expanded by MSE, the more it will widen.

•Maxilla
•Zygomatic Complex
•Brow

I’ve only seen CT scans that color in areas that produced change afterwards, so there hasn’t been any sort of mm measurements done. It would be difficult to do so for the midface And zygos anyways, because things like water retention and body fat would have an effect on outside measurements...you’d have to have DRASTIC change in these areas, and as an adult that’s unlikely. The change in those areas as an Adult is likely so small (maybe 2 mm per side MAX) that you’d probably need to somehow use calipers to measure the width of your actual skull’s midface and zygos to know with certainty something like water retention isn’t playing a role.
Any other procedures to increase facial width?

Can't wait till I graduate to afford this
It's the most legit way to reverse all the damage done by mouth breathing

• +1
Reactions: 5'8manlet

•Maxilla
•Zygomatic Complex
•Brow

does the suture get surgically weakened before MSE?

Any other procedures to increase facial width?

Again what do you mean by facial width?
does the suture get surgically weakened before MSE?

Originally, no. But as orthodontists have been fine tuning MSE over the years, many practitioners now cortical punctures into the upper palate during installation, which weakens the suture and increases the odds of adult expansion. This is done because there is a small percentage of adults who couldn’t expand even with MSE.

If you’re getting MSE, save yourself any future trouble and get the punctures done during installation.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: sub5inchcel
Are you including jaw angles as well?
Yes but mostly i mean if its possible to widen like 1-2mm on each side besides eyes. Its like my head on the top (forehead) is wider than rest skull and i want to get rid of this.

Yes but mostly i mean if its possible to widen like 1-2mm on each side besides eyes. Its like my head on the top (forehead) is wider than rest skull and i want to get rid of this.

•Zygomatic sandwich osteotomy can widen the zygo’s. And you can have it done multiple times.
5FEFEE5F FA1C 4C11 9A9F 1450AF7CA242
C11BAD95 2D0A 4763 9DEF FEB3FFEAD8CB

•Implants and/or fillers can widen the zygos as well.

•MSE would be the best method for the midface.

•An invasive form of chinwing can widen the mandible, even as far back as jaw angles, but I’d be careful with that, seems like there are a lot of nerves that could get damaged if you tried a chin wing that extreme.

•For Jaw imo, the best option is custom wraparound implants

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and needsolution
if it's the same camera and the same distance, those changes are drastic, jaw asymmetry improved and it got sharper and more angular.

the closer the area in question is to the split suture being expanded by MSE, the more it will widen.
One of the few that really gets it. (y)

• +1
Reactions: Golden Glass
He said his inter molar width grew 10mm in a video I think.
I have my mind made up to get MSE, the only thing putting me off is the pain people report to experience and the cost.
The key thing I will ask if I am an ideal candidate is if I can get non NSAID pain killers, even better if I can be attended to. I’m willing to pay extra.