• Scammer

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Not a scammer - late payment

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

Proximitypill + IRLpill = Life
If i was to hypothetically borrow $500 from a friend and tell him i will pay him back in about 2-3 months but wasn't able to due to no job and then pay back a year later due to change of circumstances, am i a scammer?
To me that doesn't mean scammer because of 2 things. Firstly, although it had been a significant amount of time past the agreed upon, the money was returned so i would consider it a very late payment instead. Scam would mean the money is never returned. Secondly, taking into account the lenders wealth and how insignificant the amount is, meaning that he's not struggling to pay his bills and it won't affect him if the payment was late as his networth in cash is mid 6 figures but does affect me due to my poor situation and health issues.

Now i can agree a mans word is everything but you know.. life happens. So is the person considered a scammer or simply unethical as it's a late payment?
Just wanted an outside perspective.
@SecularIslamist
@Xangsane

• JFL
Reactions: n0rthface
dnrd

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Geoff2024, nope, n0rthface and 1 other person
Stop commenting in my thread redcels

If i was to hypothetically borrow $500 from a friend and tell him i will pay him back in about 2-3 months but wasn't able to due to no job and then pay back a year later due to change of circumstances, am i a scammer?
To me that doesn't mean scammer because of 2 things. Firstly, although it had been a significant amount of time past the agreed upon, the money was returned so i would consider it a very late payment instead. Scam would mean the money is never returned. Secondly, taking into account the lenders wealth and how insignificant the amount is, meaning that he's not struggling to pay his bills and it won't affect him if the payment was late as his networth in cash is mid 6 figures but does affect me due to my poor situation and health issues.

Now i can agree a mans word is everything but you know.. life happens. So is the person considered a scammer or simply unethical as it's a late payment?
@SecularIslamist
@Xangsane
late payment

• Love it
Reactions: JohnDoe
You need factor in 20% YoY inflation bro.

I hope ur "friend" stabs you to death for failing to pay.

@SecularIslamist
@Xangsane
Only u can answer this truthfully.

Did you take that money with the intention of not paying right away? Then yes cuz u tricked him.

Only u can answer this truthfully.

Did you take that money with the intention of not paying right away? Then yes cuz u tricked him.
No i got scammed by my sister who still didn't pay me back, i used only 80 bucks on my pc as it wasn't turning on. I AM NOT A SCAMMER. I WILL NOT BE GOING TO HELL, HEHEHEBEBEBE

ABSOLUTELY haram. 0% interest.
This is why I wanna borrow money from friends and family and give them back less value.

This is why I wanna borrow money from friends and family and give them back less value.
That being said wage stagnation in UK is suifeul so not worth it.

:feelsokman: it's good being muslim and not believing in interest. I've been scammed for like 4.5k from family, they don't pay me back and i can't do anything. Fuck this gay earth. Our wages stagnant for decades, wish we had usa wages

:feelsokman: it's good being muslim and not believing in interest. I've been scammed for like 4.5k from family, they don't pay me back and i can't do anything. Fuck this gay earth. Our wages stagnant for decades, wish we had usa wages
Why'd you pay 4.5k to your family?

This question isn't a scam btw.

Why'd you pay 4.5k to your family?

This question isn't a scam btw.
Well over a few years, siblings/cousin borrowing 1.5k 2k etc and never paying it back. Still waiting 5y later.. i thought they'd pay back. They said few months.

• Woah
Reactions: SecularIslamist
Well over a few years, siblings/cousin borrowing 1.5k 2k etc and never paying it back. Still waiting 5y later.. i thought they'd pay back. They said few months.
Lending people money 'over a few years' when they have a history of not paying back is basically kissing your money goodbye.

Many leechers think like this. They know you wont push them too much, they might even think you've forgotten. 5 years later heck, even I wouldn't wanna pay someone back it feels like such a long time ago.

Lending people money 'over a few years' when they have a history of not paying back is basically kissing your money goodbye.

Many leechers think like this. They know you wont push them too much, they might even think you've forgotten. 5 years later heck, even I wouldn't wanna pay someone back it feels like such a long time ago.
Well i didnt lend to one person twice, and it's not like i didn't ask for it. I asked many times but always excuses now I'm too tired.

• So Sad
Reactions: SecularIslamist