Scared to go to gym [SRS]

Deleted member 3259

Deleted member 3259

Kraken
I am about to starting lifting in January now. I got the diet in order, the program in order, but I still feel sort of anxious over going. I moved away to a different city a few months ago, so I literally don't know anyone here, and I will have to go by myself. I literally have no idea on form certain things, how to attatch the weights to the pole when doing bench, deadlift etc, how to put the thing for facepulls to the correct height, and literally just form on everything from overhead press to bench and literally everything.

I am starting to feel like as the days go by and I get closer and closer to January, there is this feeling of reluctance to go, because even if I look everything up on Youtube before, then I will have most likely forgot by the time I get there, and I dont want to hold up certain spots due to me being an autist and watching a fucking youtube video on each thing that I am supposed to do.

I also feel like I have too much pride to ask anyone random for help there. I plan on going very early in the morning, and it's sort of a secluded gym, so there are usually never even that many people there in the day.

Can those of you who started lifting as a beginner without anyone, explain to me how tf you went about everything without being a retard. Maybe I am just overthinking things JFL

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2486
thought ritalincel is becoming a gymcel ngl

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: TheChosenChad, Mateusz74, Zeta ascended and 6 others
fucking Christmas noobs, you better stay home and not crowd my gym

• +1
Reactions: Iamthewalrus01, EthnicelAscension and autistic_tendencies
home gym-maxx

or go to a regular gym and just ignore people like i do

Well, it's normal to be scared to go to a new place to start doing something different, no secret or smth really, just start doing it, eventually it will go away.

home gym-maxx

This one is what worked for me :lul:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Zeta ascended, EthnicelAscension, ElliotRodgerJr and 1 other person
Do push ups at home first and run around the block

legit theory. i dont go to the gym as every seems to know what theyre doing whereas im too low iq to use all the machines not to mention gym membership is expensive and im a poorcel. jfl all i have done is pull ups for years and bulgarian squats from home because im too poor for a squat rack. i now have an overdeveloped back and glutes

i have the same problem.

maybe try go later at night when its less busy if your gym is a 24/7 gym

also go to the gym with a friend

you can also look into paying for a personal trainer if you want to

also maybe you should look into fixing your anxiety, go talk to your doctor and see if you can get anti anxiety medication, also maybe try therapy if you feel like you would benefit from it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2426 and BlackPillChad
Are you a member of the gym? If yes, proceed.
Are they open right now? If yes, proceed.

Go to the gym right now and do 4 sets of dumbbell curls, then go home. That's it, now you know what the place looks like and you're a little more comfortable. Next time, add another exercise or whatever you feel like.

Nobody gives a fuck about you and even if they did, people are allowed to judge you cause it's none of your business what thoughts goes through their head. You could be wearing a pink onesie and if I saw you I'd just raise my eyebrow for a second and proceed to do my next set.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6400, I'mme, Wannabe6ft2 and 5 others
Are you a member of the gym? If yes, proceed.
Are they open right now? If yes, proceed.

Go to the gym right now and do 4 sets of dumbbell curls, then go home. That's it, now you know what the place looks like and you're a little more comfortable. Next time, add another exercise or whatever you feel like.

Nobody gives a fuck about you and even if they did, people are allowed to judge you cause it's none of your business what thoughts goes through their head. You could be wearing a pink onesie and if I saw you I'd just raise my eyebrow for a second and proceed to do my next set.

But when will I ever learn my sets going there doing some weak shit like that. It has nothing to do with what I am doing

I am about to starting lifting in January now. I got the diet in order, the program in order, but I still feel sort of anxious over going. I moved away to a different city a few months ago, so I literally don't know anyone here, and I will have to go by myself. I literally have no idea on form certain things, how to attatch the weights to the pole when doing bench, deadlift etc, how to put the thing for facepulls to the correct height, and literally just form on everything from overhead press to bench and literally everything.

I am starting to feel like as the days go by and I get closer and closer to January, there is this feeling of reluctance to go, because even if I look everything up on Youtube before, then I will have most likely forgot by the time I get there, and I dont want to hold up certain spots due to me being an autist and watching a fucking youtube video on each thing that I am supposed to do.

I also feel like I have too much pride to ask anyone random for help there. I plan on going very early in the morning, and it's sort of a secluded gym, so there are usually never even that many people there in the day.

Can those of you who started lifting as a beginner without anyone, explain to me how tf you went about everything without being a retard. Maybe I am just overthinking things JFL
dm eliot attwell david laid and sawyer klatts trainer

• +1
Reactions: Halotestin
But when will I ever learn my sets going there doing some weak shit like that. It has nothing to do with what I am doing

It sound like you're in no position to call anything "weak shit."
You're 'anxious' of GOING to the gym, so you need to overcome that SHIT before thinking of your little program or whatever.

It's exposure therapy. Little by little you get better and more comfortable. Rome wasn't built in a day.

• Woah
Reactions: RedKeyboard
At 14 I got a trainer and he was an ex ifbb competitor so pretty much amog in that gym. After 3 months with him I was never ever afraid to go into any other gym. I suggest you go to your gym and ask for the most buff trainer

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA and justanothergymcell
At 14 I got a trainer and he was an ex ifbb competitor so pretty much amog in that gym. After 3 months with him I was never ever afraid to go into any other gym. I suggest you go to your gym and ask for the most buff trainer

Lol. I am not like particularly scared of going to the gym in the sense that I am scared because of too many people. It's more so the fact that I have no idea wtf I am doing and I dont wanna go there and embarrass myself. If someone would've just taught me fucking how to do the things in there, then I would have absolutely no issues with this.

Private trainers arent really super common here, and if they exist, then its super fucking expensive per hour lol.

All I see here is excuses. Man up or remain an average DYEL for the rest of your life. You're scared of temporarily embarrassing yourself, but every day the world is embarrassed for you, because your current 'physique'. Not hating, just spilling the facts here.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6400, Rift and OOGABOOGA
Can those of you who started lifting as a beginner without anyone, explain to me how tf you went about everything without being a retard.

I don't have autism

All I see here is excuses. Man up or remain an average DYEL for the rest of your life. You're scared of temporarily embarrassing yourself, but every day the world is embarrassed for you, because your current 'physique'. Not hating, just spilling the facts here.

Ur right. I need to man up

• +1
Reactions: BlackPillChad
Inject T ASAP

Also I don’t recommend starting at the new year, bc that’s what everyone else does. The gym will be way more crowded than usual and might scare you off. It’s the time that most people pick to start, making it the worst time to start

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2426
Low fucking t high e motherfucker

If you go solo you will probably quit in a month, a gym buddy is essential at least to get your begginers gains going, afterwards you'll wish to go to the gym cuz you want more gains

• +1
Reactions: Patient A
Low fucking t high e motherfucker
I am high t
If you go solo you will probably quit in a month, a gym buddy is essential at least to get your begginers gains going, afterwards you'll wish to go to the gym cuz you want more gains

I dont have an issue with that. I realize it will take a while for newbie gains, but again, thats not the issue

You can watch as many videos as you want, but if you dont go and try things for yourself
Then go back home and research

You will never learn
You'll be surprised how much there is to learn

Ldar then.
Just lol at going to the gym in January

Just watch and ask the others, you can also see experienced gymcellers training routine on youtube/google

Just watch and ask the others, you can also see experienced gymcellers training routine on youtube/google
I will start going 5 am so its empty when I go there. I will still have shit form

Everyone was a newbie

Its easy to learn
After doing a shit ton of strenght youe will become enraged and will stop caring.
You may have anxiety or low self esteem, the gym usually help overcome that
And probably there are some kind of coach in the gym, they will teach you the basics

Last edited:
Everyone started from where you are at one point, just keep that in mind.

Vart flyttade du?

Everyone was a newbie

Its easy to learn
After doing a shit ton of strenght youe will become enraged and will stop caring.
And probably there are some kind of coach in the gym, they will teach you the basics
you ever actually used halotestin bro?

F

Du borde småstadsmaxxa

Its over boyo
Everyone was a newbie

Its easy to learn
Easy to learn form and all that yourself?