Seems to me that "friends" is a thing that disappears into the adulthood

Mongrelcel

Mongrelcel

Banned
How many 15 year olds you know have a 'best friend' (or like a solid friendgroup)?
And how many 35 year olds?

As you go further in life, you will inevitable lose friends. Some of which you have known for years. And it's not possible to replace them.
If you are 25, then a friend you have made in HS is much more valuable than for example someone you befriended at work - simply because your friendship is longer, you shared an important life phase together... You probably know him for over 10 years by this moment - that's an amount of time you can't just spent into a friendship with your colleague, it's just not feasible to have such a long lasting relationship in adulthood.
It is as if when you are a kid, you get a bunch of years for free that you can invest into relationships like points into skills in some videogame - but after you spend the initial ones, it's much more difficult to gain more of them.
Adult life is just busier, working a job, changing jobs, moving cities... There are much more obstacles that a friendship has to overcome to be long lasting...

That's even if you can befriend people in the first place - as people grow older, you share less and less life experience together.
A kid in middleschool or HS has had a very similar life to his peers - they care about the same things, they worry about the same things, and even their dreams are more or less the same. That makes it much easier for them to befriend each other.
But as an adult, your personality is much more unique, with certain people you will simply won't be able to find common ground no matter what, and even if you can, the amount of similarities is just so much smaller - which means that the connections you make will never feel as "strong" as those you had when you were younger.
Once you're outside HS, you can never make a friend that shares the same HS experience as you, therefore the friendships you have with your classmates are special. Same goes with every stage in your life.

Combine all these factors together, and it makes having a true friend when your well into your adult life very rare and special. Even if you look at boomers that do have friends, you'll see that most of them met a long time ago.

And the people that can maintain very long and strong friendships, are often very 'underdeveloped' so to say.
People who have never left their hometown, still being good friends with a bunch of their HS classmates or sport teammates reminiscing about how they scored a touchdown in 75', or people working the same job for literal decades... You want to be that?

The choice between stagnation, or losing your friends is not the best one...

@AsGoodAsItGets @Edgar @TsarTsar444 @Syobevoli

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Xangsane, horizontallytall, SntDomistheRealChad and 19 others
I have alot of friends but only 2 are very based and blackpilled, i teached 1 and doing that to all my friends would be too much to do and waste of time

This is a friend that i will have forever but i like being alone more, there is something very chill about it. You drive around your car with music and look for things to do

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, BigBiceps and Mongrelcel
How many 15 year olds you know have a 'best friend' (or like a solid friendgroup)?

As you go further in life, you will inevitable lose friends. Some of which you have known for years. And it's not possible to replace them.
If you are 25, then a friend you have made in HS is much more valuable than for example someone you befriended at work - simply because your friendship is longer, you shared an important life phase together... You probably know him for over 10 years by this moment - that's an amount of time you can't just spent into a friendship with your colleague, it's just not feasible to have such a long lasting relationship in adulthood.
It is as if when you are a kid, you get a bunch of years for free that you can invest into relationships like points into skills in some videogame - but after you spend the initial ones, it's much more difficult to gain more of them.
Adult life is just busier, working a job, changing jobs, moving cities... There are much more obstacles that a friendship has to overcome to be long lasting...

That's even if you can befriend people in the first place - as people grow older, you share less and less life experience together.
A kid in middleschool or HS has had a very similar life to his peers - they care about the same things, they worry about the same things, and even their dreams are more or less the same. That makes it much easier for them to befriend each other.
But as an adult, your personality is much more unique, with certain people you will simply won't be able to find common ground no matter what, and even if you can, the amount of similarities is just so much smaller - which means that the connections you make will never feel as "strong" as those you had when you were younger.
Once you're outside HS, you can never make a friend that shares the same HS experience as you, therefore the friendships you have with your classmates are special. Same goes with every stage in your life.

Combine all these factors together, and it makes having a true friend when your well into your adult life very rare and special. Even if you look at boomers that do have friends, you'll see that most of them met a long time ago.

And the people that can maintain very long and strong friendships, are often very 'underdeveloped' so to say.
People who have never left their hometown, still being good friends with a bunch of their HS classmates or sport teammates reminiscing about how they scored a touchdown in 75', or people working the same job for literal decades... You want to be that?

Yes it goes away once you are past age 25.

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel
Depends bro, my dad told me the kind of friends are ones you work together with, like if you are in the military your buddies you served with. Or in the workplace where you do teamwork, the coworkers in your team. Basically working together towards a common goal builds good friendships

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, Preoximerianas, autistic_tendencies and 3 others
And a true friend is not necessarily one you hang out with all the time, it is they guy who has your back when you get in trouble

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: horizontallytall, Deleted member 2816, stamaster21 and 5 others
Btw dnrd all of it but I skimmed through jfl:Comfy:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 16530 and Mongrelcel
Two of my childhood friends can't even make the effort to come to my house before I leave the country for a year or more while I am back home living less than 5 minutes from them
I bet they consider themselves to be higher status than me/above me because they work fulltime while I am unemployed but I money mog them hard. They are typical normies

I have one mate that I hang out with regularly who thankfully is less normie
I have another mate that will actually follow through with plans if we agree to meet up but only see him every couple of years now because of where he lives

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2816, Moggedbyevery1, Preoximerianas and 4 others
Read every single word. Understanding of that is what separates a boy from a man.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 16530 and Mongrelcel
I have a friend that I met when I was 3 years old that I still talk with to this day and we play COD together also a couple of times per week.

And sure, most of my friends from high school went on different paths but we still meet up once a year when we can, and we sometimes do voice calls on facebook messenger.

I only made 1 really good friend after high school (I met him at the gym), but that's because I never really tried to join events or activities linked to my interests, but if I had done so, I am sure that I would have really grown my social circles by a lot, because I never really struggled socially, at one of my jobs, I was friends with most of my coworkers and they really appreciated me.

The reason why it can sometimes be difficult to make friends is because you need to find people who have lots of common interests with you, so that you have things to talk about and relate to, otherwise all your conversations will be so boring that it will feel weird and you won't want to meet each other again. I know because I have made a lot of acquaintances over the years, and the reason why they never became real friends was mostly because they had no common interests with me. But finding someone who likes the same things you do isn't very difficult, you just have to join events or activities that you enjoy doing and you'll find people who at least have that thing in common with you.

It's much easier to make friends than to find a woman that you really love. And here I'm not even talking about looks. Because a woman can be an 8/10 in looks but if her personality doesn't match yours, you won't want to spend much time with her, you'll just want to have sex with her. But if you find a woman that you really like, then you will want more than just a one night stand, and that isn't easy to find, but if you have lots of friends and acquaintances who know you very well, then they can help you find her. That is why most normies meet their significant other through social circles, not just because of convenience, but also because friends know what you like and they can help you find a woman that you would love to be with for long term.

• +1
There's a positive aspect at an older age however - it becomes easier to make friends again...In my country at least, all the older, retired people have nothing to do all day, so they just hang outside in parks, public places, taverns, churches, etc., they talk, play chess or card games, it's easy to start a conversation with them, or invite them to a game of chess, in many ways it's like when they were children...

• +1
Yes. Justus thought he would remain in the Bosanac scene even though his precious oneitis was dating over humans.

• +1
Yeah, the friends you have had since middle school/hs will be the strongest bonds you'll ever have in terms of friends. Once you're in your 20's, meeting new people is just not the same. The only exception I can think of would be uni BUT you have to be in a dorm , living off campus is not even comparable to the socialization you would get in the former option.

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, Constantin Denis and Mongrelcel
You will meet your actual best friends in school. Work friends usually just stay as work friends tbqh. School > hobbies > work > clubs/bars in order of how good a friend can become.

• +1

Agree.

And we can have different kinds of friends too. Like you could be working at a startup in your 20s and 30s and build a deep bond with your colleagues just because of the intensity of the situation.

But yeah i still ahve the best time in a fun or fucking around sense with my old uni and school mates just because we shared those years of partying living together and being there for each other when shit went bad.

So that trust comes with time but also could be built in dire situations where somebody did the right thing for you even though they maybe just knew you for like a few days or so.

• +1

Never left their hometown. Damn yeah you are right. Friends also have their downsides.

good Post. Actually bookmarked to remind me cuz I always romanticize Friendship

• +1
And we can have different kinds of friends too. Like you could be working at a startup in your 20s and 30s and build a deep bond with your colleagues just because of the intensity of the situation.
Yes, this is basically the answer to my rather depressing post

The way to make new friends is to be genuinely invested in something, "your purpose", and then you will be able to build meaningful relationships with people that share that purpose or goal

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2816 and AsGoodAsItGets
Friends is waste of time they all end up stabbing you in the back

• +1
Reactions: Matthias8272 and Mongrelcel
Friends is waste of time they all end up stabbing you in the back

• +1
The friends you lost after high school were not real friends in the first place. They were your buddies.

• +1

Yeah life moves on and many normies in particular devote their own life to their LTR too which doing so constantly is very unhealthy imo.

Just the way life goes man, I prefer beig alone typically with my INFJ personality but tryna be more extroverted- I always need my alone time.tho

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall and Mongrelcel
You can make friends at any time. These are choices, not fate or some other nonsense. If you decide that friendship is something worth putting effort into and you do it, you will make and keep friends (at ANY point in life.) if you decide it’s not worth it and you don’t do it, then you won’t.

stop overcomplicating everything, stop finding excuses to monologue about how deep and dark everything is, absolutely nothing in life ultimately matters, you’re going to be fine.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17429
Because people realize 'friends' in adulthood are only around if it benefits them...

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, Mongrelcel and DivineBeing
You can make friends at any time. These are choices, not fate or some other nonsense. If you decide that friendship is something worth putting effort into and you do it, you will make and keep friends (at ANY point in life.) if you decide it’s not worth it and you don’t do it, then you won’t.

stop overcomplicating everything, stop finding excuses to monologue about how deep and dark everything is, absolutely nothing in life ultimately matters, you’re going to be fine.
cope older friends are subhuman because they've givne up

• +1
Because people realize 'friends' in adulthood are only around if it benefits them...
i have 1 friend left that doesn't care about career and jsut wants to get drunk

only friend i ever had everyone else was a troll or abusing me

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel and MostGLSlayer
Yeah I'm 24 and my absolute best friends are ones I know from highschool and early childhood

• +1
Reactions: risque_dew, Constantin Denis and Mongrelcel
I don’t cope.
Also, you’re seeing what you want to see
no it's true the older you get the less you fantasise about making it and just give up and become a subhuman

no it's true the older you get the less you fantasise about making it and just give up and become a subhuman
You can find 12 year olds who never fantasize about “making it” and 80 year olds who always fantasize about making it. But that’s the most retarded qualifier for anything I’ve ever seen in my life anyway

• JFL
Reactions: DivineBeing
You can find 12 year olds who never fantasize about “making it” and 80 year olds who always fantasize about making it. But that’s the most retarded qualifier for anything I’ve ever seen in my life anyway
why is that a bad qualifier?

if you give up making it you won't make it

and i only talk to people that at least have some ambitions or have made it to hedge my risk wasting time and having myself muddied with inferior people

why is that a bad qualifier?

if you give up making it you won't make it

and i only talk to people that at least have some ambitions
Let’s say you make it, right? Your friends are going to be other people who have made it.

if you NEVER make it in any way then you’re a subhuman too and shouldn’t be judging anyone else, understand?

• +1
Let’s say you make it, right? Your friends are going to be other people who have made it.

if you NEVER make it in any way then you’re a subhuman too and shouldn’t be judging anyone else, understand?
how can you determine in advance whether you make it or not?

you assume it already happened

• +1
how can you determine in advance whether you make it or not?

you assume it already happened
Schizophrenia

Making it = achieving your goals
Say your goal is to be a world famous musician, if you’re touring around the world, you have boatloads of money, your face is all over the tv and the internet etc, you’ve made it, there is no ambiguity.

In that situation, your friends will be other famous people who have made it, not old construction workers who had dreams of being on broadway but gave up or some shit.

• +1
Schizophrenia

Making it = achieving your goals
Say your goal is to be a world famous musician, if you’re touring around the world, you have boatloads of money, your face is all over the tv and the internet etc, you’ve made it, there is no ambiguity.

In that situation, your friends will be other famous people who have made it, not old construction workers who had dreams of being on broadway but gave up or some shit.
yeah but what if you're in the process of making it?

one must start somewhere right

assume someone wants to be a IBD and is at harvard

he should stay with the other finance guys that aspire or IBDs who already made it and not talk to the arts people right?

yeah but what if you're in the process of making it?

one must start somewhere right

assume someone wants to be a IBD and is at harvard

he should stay with the other finance guys that aspire or IBDs who already made it and not talk to the arts people right?
Like I told you, nothing matters
If you make friends and don’t like who they are, then make different friends. It’s really very simple.

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel and DivineBeing
Two of my childhood friends can't even make the effort to come to my house before I leave the country for a year or more while I am back home living less than 5 minutes from them
I bet they consider themselves to be higher status than me/above me because they work fulltime while I am unemployed but I money mog them hard. They are typical normies

I have one mate that I hang out with regularly who thankfully is less normie
I have another mate that will actually follow through with plans if we agree to meet up but only see him every couple of years now because of where he lives
if you live 5 minutes away from them, their is probably a change in power dynamics, no your not going crazy. These guys see themselves as higher social value then you. They don't believe your on their level sorry to say this.

Last edited:
  • +1

I somewhat degree, somewhat underdeveloped, can also mean youthful spirit. You see ive seen this in older folks to, they have youthful outlook and spirit even thou their older, same with their friends. My own father meet up with some old pals he knew these guys from 25 years ago, they all hanged out back in hes home country in the same neighborhood and moved to the usa to come to new york.

I can remember my old neighborhood, and having kelly-ann and dana, and their sister emily my neighbors , even that jackass miguel i miss. From age 5-7 was magical, block parties in the summer , riding the bikes to the ice cream trucks. Mr johnson and hes wife with the talking parrots. kelly-ann ,dana and emily moved to florida, I think miguel moved to texas.

Parents moved us to another neighborhood with , more hood-types along with alot jews. I couldn't relate to the other kids. I was longing to be around normal regular kids.

• +1
if you live 5 minutes away from them, their is probably a change in power dynamics, no your not going crazy. These guys see themselves as higher social value then you. They don't believe your on their level sorry to say this.
One of them actually met up a couple of times since. He just didn't get back to me for a few days about the plans due to working long shifts. The other one is just flakey and unspontaneous so I didn't bother contacting him again. The mate I met with told me he hadn't seen the other guy in a few months because it is just not worth the effort trying to organize something with him

• +1

I think what happens is people are no longer “forced” to be cool anymore and take the lax PC communist lifestyle offered to them for free. You see quick who your friends are when hard times come in your 20’s when you’re trying to better yourself and lots of times it comes down to nobody wants to be around someone better than them and will actively be your adversary at every turn. Saw one of my friends get felted when he became good looking, and is now a fat slob in order to remain in the friend group. Tbh the friend group he’s in is cool and were my old friends until events came about where I realized I can’t trust them when going through milestone events (they would talk shit or undermine you if you have a girl around, try to make you look dumb if there was repercussions to you) but other than that they would be chill, which amounts to a garbage life but with “cool” friends like what happened to my old friend. It’s the decision you have to make.

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
@GabachoCopium and @PseudoMaxxer are friend material tbh. We share same rotting tendencies

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer and GabachoCopium
  • JFL
Reactions: horizontallytall
I think what happens is people are no longer “forced” to be cool anymore and take the lax PC communist lifestyle offered to them for free. You see quick who your friends are when hard times come in your 20’s when you’re trying to better yourself and lots of times it comes down to nobody wants to be around someone better than them and will actively be your adversary at every turn. Saw one of my friends get felted when he became good looking, and is now a fat slob in order to remain in the friend group. Tbh the friend group he’s in is cool and were my old friends until events came about where I realized I can’t trust them when going through milestone events (they would talk shit or undermine you if you have a girl around, try to make you look dumb if there was repercussions to you) but other than that they would be chill, which amounts to a garbage life but with “cool” friends like what happened to my old friend. It’s the decision you have to make.
So true I had more friends when I was a fat nobody

You want to be that?
Yes. Nobody is going to give a shit about you when you are old. The planet has moved on, your idols have died. You're out of the limelight, and you can never return! Don't burn your youth!
Ultimate blackagepill: BEING OLD IS GOING TO FUCKING SUCK NO MATTER WHATEVER YOU COULD POSSIBLY DO. In this case, you're posing fear of being old, and in the more proposed desirable case...you're still fucking old and will be on a nostalgic high 24/7 or coping hard that your vapid accomplishments or fast car somehow makes up for no longer or never had been young, tall, and good looking.
Answer: suicide, death, kill self.

Argument on this