Self-perception

AspiringMogger

AspiringMogger

Alcohol is the fuel for hook-up culture
You’re not the same person to your friends, family, coworkers, associates, or strangers. The perception they have of you is figments of facial expressions, dialogues, and other bursts of emotions you let out in the given moment the two of you are communicating/interacting.

Most people don’t know who they are themselves. I think that’s why the question; “what is my purpose”, is the most common one that people asks themselves when they are facing a quarter life crisis.

Most people try to put their best foot forward, but eventually the facade cracks.

Sometimes I look in the mirror and I got no clue who or what I am.

• +1
Reactions: Ascending2Tyrone, rand anon, Kanye West's Cousin and 5 others
Schizo thread

• JFL
Reactions: Yuki, AspiringMogger and Akhi
Schizo thread
blud is losing it
I caged lol but did I not articulate myself well? This made perfect sense to me. Each relationship you create with someone is different. If you meet a person and only spend 1 hour with them the perception they have of you is different to the perception another person have of you if you’ve spent 1 hour with them.

The more you spent time with different people, all the closer the perception of the actual you they get to know.

• +1
Reactions: Kanye West's Cousin, Klasik616 and Akhi
I caged lol but did I not articulate myself well? This made perfect sense to me. Each relationship you create with someone is different. If you meet a person and only spend 1 hour with them the perception they have of you is different to the perception another person have of you if you’ve spent 1 hour with them.

The more you spent time with different people, all the closer the perception of the actual you they get to know.
I mask my personality depending on the people I deal with, I'm not the same person in every situation.

• +1
Reactions: AspiringMogger
I feel like this too.
It’s a very strange feeling. Imagine spending x amount of years with yourself and feeling dissociated and disconnected. Sometimes I catch myself and wonder why did I think/do that?

• +1
Reactions: Klasik616
I mask my personality depending on the people I deal with, I'm not the same person in every situation.
Me neither and that’s what I dislike. I’m fake. The only time I truly like my own company is when I’m 1) alone 2) drunk.

It’s a very strange feeling. Imagine spending x amount of years with yourself and feeling dissociated and disconnected. Sometimes I catch myself and wonder why did I think/do that?
You need to read some phenomenology and understand why. The world is the expression of the self. The value of the world at it's core depends on the cure of the self. External things are meaningless and saturates our perception. If the self is lost you get anxiety. "Copes" are signals of a missing sense, when the copes cannot satisfy ourselves is when we get depressed.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AspiringMogger and Akhi

Even the perception you have of yourself is hardly objective

self perception is filtered through all your experiences youve had and morals youve been taught

kinda crazy innit, youre a different entity in everyones mind but none of them are the truth

• +1
Reactions: Sprinkles and AspiringMogger
You need to read some phenomenology and understand why. The world is the expression of the self. The value of the world at its core depends on the cure of the self. External things are meaningless and saturates our perception. If the self is lost you get anxiety. "Copes" are signals of a missing sense, when the copes cannot satisfy ourselves is when we get depressed.
What a well written post. This was probably my favourite sentence you wrote. “External things are meaningless and saturates our perception”. You could argue that other people are external things or external forces, and I don’t necessarily think they are meaningless. I think “the self” is in a constant state of evolution and the different forces (or people) you meet alter the perception you have of yourself.

Also which books do you recommend that talks about this.

Last edited:
  • +1
kinda crazy innit, youre a different entity in everyones mind but none of them are the truth
This is why I have to be drinking and not care when I meet new people.

• JFL
Reactions: Sprinkles
Yeah, that's why the kids invented this "aura" thing on social media, which basically says that you gain or lose a person's respect etc. based on your actions in strict relation to them, but not with others..

• +1
What a well written post. This was probably my favourite sentence you wrote. “External things are meaningless and saturates our perception”. You could argue thay other people are external things or external forces, and I don’t necessarily think they are meaningless. I think “the self” is in a constant state of evolution and the different forces (or people) you meet alter the perception you have of yourself.

Also which books do you recommend that talks about this.
Being and time talks about this but it's just the begginning of the problem, it's more deeper than that. We should focus on study not only the world around but also our body and memory which ultimately defines how we use things as tools for self objectives.

The process is not clear though because our mind is only "designed/programmed" to define *external things but cannot answer a question about ourselves and what we are but "can" answer a question about others.

The meaninglessness of external things is when we realize how different they are from the own self perception (as not an object, but as an existent being).

Last edited:
  • +1
Being and time talks about this but it's just the begginning of the problem, it's more deeper than that. We should focus on study not only the world around but also our body and memory which ultimately defines how we use things as tools for self objectives. The process is not clear though because our mind is only "designed/programmed" to define *external things but cannot answer a question about ourselves and what we are but "can" answer a question about others.
How would studying your sorroundings/the eternal world benefit someone in learning about their self-perception?

• +1
How would studying your sorroundings/the eternal world benefit someone in learning about their self-perception?
Self "perception" is not the same as perception, in fact is not possible (it's empty) but when we know something, something had to happen. The process where our mind understands something that happened is what's hidden to us (like a jew trick), we only see the result (the concept). Self perception is the ability to understand this process and find sense. Think about science and phenomenoms for example but now for an existent-thinking being. Like trying to decodificate our mind although our *external mind is not designed for it.

Last edited:
  • +1
its pointless to worry about and that thought is very liberating
We are still gonna get drunk when we link up buddy

• +1
Reactions: Akhi
But anyway, the only purpose we have from birth until we die is to convince others that we're worth fucking and multiplying, and to convince others that we're worth fucking and multiplying with them. If we can't do that, we're as good as dead, even in front of our parents who gave birth to us, unfortunately..

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: AspiringMogger and Klasik616
But anyway, the only purpose we have from birth until we die is to convince others that we're worth fucking and multiplying, and to convince others that we're worth fucking and multiplying with them. If we can't do that, we're as good as dead, even in front of our parents who gave birth to us, unfortunately..
I don’t think having sex is a purpose per se. It’s a biological urge to further the blood line. It’s instinct. The exact same as fight or flight

You’re not the same person to your friends, family, coworkers, associates, or strangers. The perception they have of you is figments of facial expressions, dialogues, and other bursts of emotions you let out in the given moment the two of you are communicating/interacting.

Most people don’t know who they are themselves. I think that’s why the question; “what is my purpose”, is the most common one that people asks themselves when they are facing a quarter life crisis.

Most people try to put their best foot forward, but eventually the facade cracks.

Sometimes I look in the mirror and I got no clue who or what I am.
That's why writing one or a couple of works of philosophy (your own personal life philosophy) is the most honest declaration to the world what your actual inner life consists of. No one who ever speak to you will know you as well as someone who has read your book.

• +1
Reactions: Klasik616 and AspiringMogger
fosho bro

you still owe me that beer, even won the group
I gotchu gang, tbh I might even fly out to where you live. I’ve never been in your country before.

• Love it
Reactions: Akhi
That's why writing one or a couple of works of philosophy (your own personal life philosophy) is the most honest declaration to the world what your actual inner life consists of. No one who ever speak to you will know you as well as someone who has read your book.
I think this is what @Klasik616 was talking about earlier in the thread. I’m 22 right now. If I decide to sit down and write about my 20s when I’m 45, it will be altered by the passage of time. The perception of who I am and what I thought would’ve changed and I won’t have memories of what I felt today 20 years from now.

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois and Klasik616
I gotchu gang, tbh I might even fly out to where you live. I’ve never been in your country before.
youd like it here, tons of open minded college women

if you do pm me on dc

• Love it
I think this is what @Klasik616 was talking about earlier in the thread. I’m 22 right now. If I decide to sit down and write about my 20s when I’m 45, it will be altered by the passage of time. The perception of who I am and what I thought would’ve changed and I won’t have memories of what I felt today 20 years from now.
Almost every philosopher wrote their opuses in their 40s or later. Very few outliers could construct an actual philosophy in their 20s, Schopenhauer and Weininger come to mind. Almost all of the rest had to live an entire lifetime and think critically about their perception of everything they valued and make an assessment of it. Right now your ideas will be volatile but will narrow themselves down and cool off into something tangible and solid as you age, I have a lot of iconoclastic ideas all the time I write down and discuss so when I get to 30/40/50 I may be able to construct something perpetual.

• +1
Exactly your relationship with beings change overtime as your self understanding also changes. In reality, those beings are talking to you because they depend on you until you die. (Schizo take)
What you doin' Max Stirner

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois and AspiringMogger
What you doin' Max Stirner
Stirner feels like the perfect starting philosopher in a sense, just the most palate cleansing rewiring of your brain to wash off all the past dogma.

• +1